Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Graal News for players by players.

Hey,
I came up with this after I was browsing on the forums and I saw a lot of uncertainties about several subjects, notably the Graal X incident and the Graal Reform team. Most people probably wont have any interest in these but I, as a Graal player in heart, really would like to be updated about these things. I spoke with Mike about Graal X and got a short summary but the Graalwiki showed at least 3 possibilities. Thats 2 more then Mike told me.

So, after several thoughts I came up with this:
A graal Newspaper run by "journalists" of every server. It works exactly like a regular newspaper so the Journalists would need to have some connections. Or none at all. This could spread the word about things faster and maybe let people evolve an interest in upcoming playerworlds or current Classic playerworlds and spread the playerbase a bit. (Damn you Zodiac).

It would indeed need a website but if this really pulls Off im more then happy to buy VIP for this and use the VIP webhosting to let someone (since I cant do HTML) put a website together.
So...
Discuss
Old 06-15-2007, 10:42 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Theres news in the Login server which servers (perhaps only classic/hosted) can post to that players can read. I know VIP can read it..not sure about gold/classic accounts though.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Hm yes but I highly doubt that servers will put up news about their manager clashing with the globals. Or the managers on Val being voted out/in.
I really ment news outside of development and inside of development.
Everything!
News made by the servers is a bit too....well....Self Promoting...
Old 06-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well public news about a server are most of the time made for advertising the new stuff that is available on the server, so the current solution with the wiki fits best. The wiki news will also be more integrated into the website soon.
For specific staff news or similar the servers can still open an own website, forum or use the wiki for adding information about the server.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Classic Developer
Grey will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Grey
There was something similiar to what you're suggesting a while ago. Graal News - Used to write articles about servers, give reviews, ect. Not really sure what happened to it though. Also used to have specific journalists from each playerworld, the classic worlds atleast, I remember being journalist for Babylon. I guess it died off however?

Its a good idea in theory but if you are picking people that actually choose to play those servers regularly there is still going to be pro-bias for the servers much like the main news. Good luck if you try it though.

Last edited by Grey; 06-15-2007 at 07:20 PM..
Old 06-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Yes, this was tried before. The Graal News team was established which I was a part of shortly before it was discarded. It didn't exactly work out too well.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:29 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Yeah, I'll write stuff for you.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Retired Oldbie
MrAnonymous_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Niromia has a system like this. Every week or so we publish a newspaper with updates about the server and information about current systems we are working on.

It works out really well for us because if players ask us a question usually we can just tell them about the Newspaper and they won't bother us anymore.

I could see this easily being a global thing. Each classic playerworld has a section and all otherplayerworlds have little paragraphs if the playerworld wants to enter something.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:20 PM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Well public news about a server are most of the time made for advertising the new stuff that is available on the server, so the current solution with the wiki fits best. The wiki news will also be more integrated into the website soon.
For specific staff news or similar the servers can still open an own website, forum or use the wiki for adding information about the server.
everything is "soon" but never now or done.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:49 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim5354 View Post
everything is "soon" but never now or done.
Seriously. Just...stop to complain.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:16 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Seriously. Just...stop to complain.
No, he makes a fair point.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
So. I would like to pull this off I really like seeing peoples opinion about the server and make a gamespot-ish review about certain servers.
Who would help me? (Googi would, you said right?)
Old 06-16-2007, 01:06 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Yeah, I was trying to get something like this set up (maybe not so specifically) by establishing friendly terms with the respective managers of each of the classic servers, but some of them don't really want to be part of "Graal", they just only want to stay in the loop of their own server.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnonymous_P2P View Post
if players ask us a question
All 0 of them?

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now