Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-21-2003, 09:23 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Closing a server

Sorry If this may seem as a burden, but I wanted to bring this up and clarify:

As some may know, Tifa, owner of Doomsday, wanted to quit Graal, and take DD with her, knowing it expired in good manner.

So in order for her to quit peacefully, she wants to take DD down.

BUT, Stefan told her it has to be a payed server in order for it to be taken down?

Why exactly would you have to pay for a server if you want to close it? I may be missing something here, so please enlighten me.

Tifa wants to leave Graal, she can not take the community, but if she wants to leave now, she has to give DD to someone.
There is no one she believes is worth to take ownership of DD.

I guess the main thing I am directing here is the whole subject of paying to close your server down?
Old 09-21-2003, 09:24 AM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
Far as I know, unixmad already authorized its shutting-down.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 09-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Re: Closing a server

Quote:
Originally posted by DustyPorViva
BUT, Stefan told her it has to be a payed server in order for it to be taken down?

Why exactly would you have to pay for a server if you want to close it? I may be missing something here, so please enlighten me.
I empathise with her and understand her decision, but the fact is that the server does not belong to her.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:32 AM
A relic of the past
TifaKhan is on a distinguished road
ok so i have no say in this at all?
Angel assured me Doomsday would be deleted, everything gone, now i'm being told i have no say in it?
Ok then please delete my goodbye threads, i'm staying.
I wont stand by and watch all our hard work go to some dumb UC server or given to some jerk like Zenko who proved he only wanted power and was as corrupt as anything.
Theres whole logs of what has happened the last 24 hours on our crappy Doomsday Forums, but i <3 them.
Until someone tells me what the hell is going on, i'm staying as the rightful Manager of Doomsday.
I did register it and i was going to pay for it and i dont understand why i have no say in it.
Viva la Doomsday

true friends stab in the front says:
heh all i wanted was to be free of graal and shut dd down quietly
Nate | rar says:
yea
Nate | rar says:
not leave it to zenko or agret
Nate | rar says:
or some retard
true friends stab in the front says:
no

You have so much potential in your life, take this chance to enjoy your last few months on Doomsday, but then move on.

I know you're attached to Graal, but this latest thing should be too much even for you. As a past owner of Doomsday, I believe I express the wishes of everyone who has ever owned Doomsday in saying what I have said.

By the way, you should be Knighted for services to Doomsday. You've done more than the rest of us Owners ever did.

Baraka Khan
Old 09-21-2003, 09:46 AM
Script Monkey
Quote:
Originally posted by TifaKhan
ok so i have no say in this at all?
Look at it from GraalOnline's perspective. Lots of people enjoy Doomsday and, perhaps, even upgrade to play it. Would deleting it be a good business move, if they thought that they might be able to find a replacement manager? Would it be a good move in the eyes of the players?

Please don't misinterpret me - I understand your feelings and would want to do the same thing. I'm just trying to ensure that people consider all the sides to this issue.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:03 PM
A relic of the past
TifaKhan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

Look at it from GraalOnline's perspective. Lots of people enjoy Doomsday and, perhaps, even upgrade to play it. Would deleting it be a good business move, if they thought that they might be able to find a replacement manager? Would it be a good move in the eyes of the players?

Please don't misinterpret me - I understand your feelings and would want to do the same thing. I'm just trying to ensure that people consider all the sides to this issue.
*sigh* I do understand Kai, but how can anyone just pluck someone and say, hey you can run DD?
I put my heart and soul into it , just like all the others did.
Its not just me , me ,me, i know that, its everyone, but this hurts.
So basically their saying all those servers out there that are paid for, if the Manager wants to leave and they dont believe that anyone deserves it they have no say in what happens?
Thats so wrong.
What i truly dont understand, is after i talked to you, Angel came on , said she was talking to Unixmad, and that it was all settled.
Doomsday would be closed down in one week, the levels deleted, never to rise again.
Now Stefan turns round and says something else.
Those two seriously need to talk.
I need to know where i stand.
Until i do, i remain a sad Manager.

You have so much potential in your life, take this chance to enjoy your last few months on Doomsday, but then move on.

I know you're attached to Graal, but this latest thing should be too much even for you. As a past owner of Doomsday, I believe I express the wishes of everyone who has ever owned Doomsday in saying what I have said.

By the way, you should be Knighted for services to Doomsday. You've done more than the rest of us Owners ever did.

Baraka Khan
Old 09-21-2003, 02:00 PM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Why don't you pick someone to replace you instead? :O
Old 09-21-2003, 02:01 PM
w3dg1tz8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Minoc
Why don't you pick someone to replace you instead? :O
Well the person who was going to replace her got fired.
Old 09-21-2003, 03:34 PM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Quote:

Aha, this is why Kai doesn't script much online, if he does he knows i'ts not his anymore.

Hmm.. what would they do if Doomsday suddenly crashed got it's levels deleted and all i'ts npcs and people were warped to a magical level that said Under Construction for the next 10 years.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 09-21-2003, 03:37 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I don't know where those rumours are always coming from.
I only said that Doomsday is currently not a pay server and removing it is not as trivial, other staff might have put work into it too and don't want to see it dieing. If we close it we should at least speak about if someone else can make a new project based on parts of the current Doomsday, or if parts of it can be released to the public so that the work put in it is not completely lost (e.g. putting scripts on graal.net as code snippet).
Old 09-21-2003, 03:45 PM
w3dg1tz8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
I only said that Doomsday is currently not a pay server and removing it is not as trivial, other staff might have put work into it too and don't want to see it dieing. If we close it we should at least speak about if someone else can make a new project based on parts of the current Doomsday, or if parts of it can be released to the public so that the work put in it is not completely lost (e.g. putting scripts on graal.net as code snippet).
Does it matter how many scripts or levels?
Old 09-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Well I made all the really impressive scripts so hey. I"ll just work for you on Debug you can let me play with the new engine and we'll call it even?

By the way, These things get started through gossip, exageration and mis-interpretation.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 09-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Script Monkey
Quote:
Originally posted by adam
Aha, this is why Kai doesn't script much online, if he does he knows i'ts not his anymore.
Nah, I know that Stefan is honorable. I don't worry about anybody being allowed to use my stuff without permission.

The reality in the Doomsday situation is that Tifa didn't make all of Doomsday. It's a group effort, to which people have dedicated hundreds of hours. It's also a place where people spend hours having fun. Is it necessarily fair to delete it because of one person's feelings?

I would want the same thing in Tifa's position, but I don't know if it would be right to grant it. It depends on so many factors.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:15 PM
Quote:

Nah, I know that Stefan is honorable. I don't worry about anybody being allowed to use my stuff without permission.

The reality in the Doomsday situation is that Tifa didn't make all of Doomsday. It's a group effort, to which people have dedicated hundreds of hours. It's also a place where people spend hours having fun. Is it necessarily fair to delete it because of one person's feelings?

I would want the same thing in Tifa's position, but I don't know if it would be right to grant it. It depends on so many factors.
Hmm yes. I see your point there.

Many have put work in Doomsday. Many should decide if it is to be closed or not.

Kinda like your company going out of business and losing your job? except you don't get paid for this. You pay to do it.

Quote:
Old 09-21-2003, 04:17 PM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
Tifa, I know you love it, but so do a ton of the other staff and players.

I have worked on PWs before, and I know a lot of people put hard work into it. You shouldn't put all that work into nothing just because you don't want it to be run into the ground.

I think it would be better if you had the globals keep a close watch on DD instead of getting it shut down...