Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 04:22 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Classic Card Game

As many of you know, Classic's card game was finally released today. After years of scripting, testing, developers leaving, and other unspeakable horrors, it has finally been made public.

The card house itself is located west of graal castle and just under gc studios. Warp to either to get their quickly. If you're new to the server, head west from the main city once you get there. Once inside, talk to Luda at the main desk to get your starter deck, card manual, and card album.

The easiest way to get an idea of how the card game works is to visit this website:

www.freewebs.com/classiccard

The basics of the game are explained, as well as some of the extra functions like deck editing.

Currently there are some issues with how long you have to wait until you're worth points again. The large wait is necessary to avoid people laming wins and getting loads of points. Is it too long of a wait? We'll review that over the first week or so.

Right now the card game is the major in-between events content. It shouldn't be too hard to find an opponent during active times of the day. Clearly your starter decks have really, really bad cards with lots of 1s. Once you pile up some wins and get some boosters, your decks will be much, much better. Trust me. I've tested this game for a few months now. As cool as the mou cow is, you'll have more fun pretty soon.

More cards (currently theres 100 or so) will be released in the future, as well as any tweaks that are necessary, so don't feel like everything is set it stone as it currently looks.

That should just about cover everything. If you have any questions, feel free to ask myself, DC, night, or mystic. Enjoy the card game. A lot of hard work (mainly DC's scripting and night's gfx work) so we hope you find it fun.

-Glad

PS: if anyone wants to help with the card game, contact one of us as well.

Last edited by BlackSolider; 04-13-2009 at 05:22 AM..
Old 04-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Does everyone get the same starter deck?
Old 04-13-2009, 05:52 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Does everyone get the same starter deck?
I don't think so because I had 3 Taylor Richard cards and traded one to DC... unless he just wanted 4.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:02 AM
Gladius
Starter deck is apparently a random amount of lvl 0 cards. Those lucky enough to have multiple beers+npcs should win most of their early matches. Those unlucky enough to have been stuck with 3 conch shell cards probably want to take those out of their deck.

And I only got one taylor richard card, just for comparison.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
Big city bandits 4teh win
Old 04-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
Player bust.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 AM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Like, years? rly?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
Those lucky enough to have multiple beers+npcs should win most of their early matches.
not necessarily. if you know how to work around them then you should be good to go.

btw, me and nighty had an epic match with his high level cards he got from the booster pack. i nearly beat him with the defensive build that my deck has
Old 04-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
As I have said before, having to win 10 card games ( gaining 10 card points) for a simple booster back most likely containing a lot of level 0's is a bit too much especially with the chance of losing and not being worth card points for a while.

Possible to change, maybe.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Gladius
The basic booster (10 pts) randomly gives out commons, which currently range from lvl 0 to lvl 2.

Night, that lucky sob, got a lvl 1 and two lvl 2 cards. I doubt lvl2s are going to stay common for very long, but we'll see.

For comparison, I got 5 lvl 0 cards. Yay.

Personally I would have liked to see better starter decks (a few lvl 1s or something) or at least everyone getting a free booster. These decks are so bad you basically have to break the most basic rule (don't expose your 1s) just to do damage.

Gah. Enough ranting.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
How many cards do you get out of Booster Packs?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Gladius
Five. At least the basic one.

I'll check on the others.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
every booster is 5 cards and yay my deck suck so bad
Old 04-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Banned
fragman85 is on a distinguished road
I love it.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
After reading the rules, I've come to the conclusion that you ripped the card game from Final Fantasy 8 and made some personal tweaks. Not sure if I like the fact that the basics are (probably?) ripped, but the end result appears quite nice - good job.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto