Point Of Map: Destroy Main Energy Core
Size Of Map: Large
Vehicles: NONE
Jetpack Allowed: NO
Team Colors:
-One Team = Red
-Other Team = Blue
Team Names: To Be Decided

Darkness will be an unseeable map. The whole map is suppose to be dark, so the only way you could see is with special Night Vision Goggles. As many of you know, when using night vision, your surroundings is sort of greenish (in a dark place), and that's how your view in this map should be. The night vision goggles should automatically be added to you/activated when you enter the map, and automatically removed/deactivated when you leave the map.

The catch with the goggles is that it's range of sight is very limited. Before taking over an Energy Core, your range of site will be rather small. The whole point of the limited vision is for the sole fact that this will be a stealth map.

Energy Cores

There will be 6 normal energy cores (small/medium size) and 1 main energy core (large size). The 6 normal cores will be in 6 bases scattered throughout the map. The main energy core will be located in the center of a maze which will be in the center of the map. In order to get to the main energy core, you will need to navigate yourself through the maze.

NOTE: The more line of vision your team has, then the better your chances of getting through the maze.

Each of the 7 energy cores will have a barrier over them at first which will not allow anyone to take it over. The barrier will have X amount of HP, and in order to take over the energy core, you will need to first take down the barrier. The main energy core should have way more HP then the 6 normal energy cores. Once the barrier(s) is/are down, then all you will need to do is touch the core and it will emit an aura of the teams color that took over the core (either red or blue). Once a barrier is taken down, then the energy core will be vulnerable to being captured for the remainder of the match.

Why take over an energy core?

Taking over an energy core will supply your teams goggles with more energy to increase your range of sight. When you take over a core, your range of sight will increase a bit. It shouldn't increase too much, but it should increase enough to make a difference. If your team has taken over all 6 normal cores, then your range of sight will be full (meaning it will be like your normal sight is on each level). If one of your teams cores is taken over by the other team, then your range of sight will go back down to how it was before you had that core.

Suggestion:

Design a range of sight for when a team owns 0 energy cores, 1 energy core, 2 energy cores, 3 energy cores, 4 energy cores, 5 energy cores, and 6 energy cores.

NOTE: The starting range of site (I.E 0 energy cores) should not be very big.

This will make things easier.

NOTE: Your team does NOT NEED to capture any energy cores in order to win the map. The winning team will be the first team to destroy the main energy core. Getting to the main energy core should not be easy, considering you need to pass through a maze (the main energy core will be located in the middle of a fairly big maze), and getting through a maze with not much range of sight would probably end up with you getting lost.

When your team destroys the main core, then the whole map/mini map should illuminate, and everyones focus should be set to the main core where a huge explosion will occur. Once the main core is finished exploding, the team that won will be announced and everyone will be warped to the droship where they can play again if they would like.

NOTE: Energy Cores should all reset at the end of the match.

Since the map is completely dark, your radar will not function. This means that you won't be able to spot enemies so easily. To navigate through the map, you could use your minimap.

Mini Map

When the game starts, everyones minimap should be completely black (dark). Your mini map starts to show as you walk through the map. This means that if I walked forward, then in my mini map it would show that I have walked forward. When you take over an energy core, then the base/core that the energy core was on should turn on in your mini map. If you have yet to go to the core and the other team takes over the core that you once had, then the core showing in your minimap will turn to darkness as it was before. BUT, if you did so happen to be at the base with the core, and the other team took it over, then your mini map would only show (for that part atleast) the parts that you walked through yourself.

NOTE: The mini map should have an indicator indicating your current position in the map.

If you have any questions/suggestions, then please ask away/state them.

Last edited by Gambet; 07-04-2005 at 01:28 AM..
Old 07-04-2005, 06:38 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Sounds Splinter-Cell'ish.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 07-04-2005, 07:00 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Why, because it's a dark map? Because it will be using night vision goggles? I mean, they didn't invent those goggles for that game alone, heck, they didn't invent night vision goggles for games anyways...they were just added x-x

It's nothing like splinter cell.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:55 AM
:pluffy:
Chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet
Why, because it's a dark map? Because it will be using night vision goggles? I mean, they didn't invent those goggles for that game alone, heck, they didn't invent night vision goggles for games anyways...they were just added x-x

It's nothing like splinter cell.
Curtis is right, but that's not a bad thing. I think it would be a really fun map.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:58 AM
I've never played splinter cell, I just know it's a stealth type game. From what I've heard/seen, this map is nothing like splinter cell besides the whole night vision ordeal. Don't even tell me that the limited vision has to do with splinter cell because the whole limited vision type thing has been on Graal for quite some time (for quests and events and such).
Old 07-04-2005, 01:10 PM
PK Admin
Obvious is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've never played splinter cell, I just know it's a stealth type game. From what I've heard/seen, this map is nothing like splinter cell besides the whole night vision ordeal.
Quote:
Type Of Map: Stealth
Map sounds fun.
Too bad I'm not into Zone.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Well, it's a stealth map since it's a dark place. What do you expect?
Old 07-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Chris is on a distinguished road
Damn Sky, do you have to jump into defense mode every time someone posts? We aren't saying you got the idea from Splinter Cell. Curtis merely commented that it's like that game. I happen to like your idea of this map.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Damn Sky, do you have to jump into defense mode every time someone posts? We aren't saying you got the idea from Splinter Cell. Curtis merely commented that it's like that game. I happen to like your idea of this map.

No, rather, I'm asking HOW it's like splinter cell.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:09 PM
US Marine
Soul-Blade is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Soul-Blade
I would stop getting pissed with comparing it to splinter cell. Look at the time setting for one thing. Above all, look at the quality difference. Zone is crap on a stick compared to Splinter Cell.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Ah, great, another one of my posts gets deleted.

God blasted, when I post something twice it shows importance! Don't delete it!

Oh the anger...

Looks Splinter-Cell'ish.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 07-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Have A Drink On Me
AlexH is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AlexH Send a message via MSN to AlexH
Thumbs up

Sounds like it could be a fun map. It would be good if there would be some way to randomize the maze that takes you to the main core. That way people won't just get used to the path they have to take and be able to navigate through it with a short range of vision. That's the only problem I could see with it. Other than that it sounds good.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt1zzle
Blah Blah Blah

I'm still waiting for you to support your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH
Sounds like it could be a fun map. It would be good if there would be some way to randomize the maze that takes you to the main core. That way people won't just get used to the path they have to take and be able to navigate through it with a short range of vision. That's the only problem I could see with it. Other than that it sounds good.

Yeah, I thought of the same, but if it's a fairly large maze, then it would take some time to know your way around it.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I was about to say the same thing @ maze being the same everytime you play it. This would make this world boring after like 2 days. The maze should change itself every day.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
I was about to say the same thing @ maze being the same everytime you play it. This would make this world boring after like 2 days. The maze should change itself every day.

Would be best if it changed every game.