Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-13-2010, 05:59 AM
Level's Artist
Silent48 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Silent48
Levels Artist willing to help on worthwhile projects.

Hey, my name is Silent, I've been around on graal for a while, a bit over 5 years. I've worked on many servers ranging from: Graal X (for those of you who remember, it was the promising new modern server which most current servers are leeching off of) to Ol' West to Zodiac.
I consider myself experienced and talented and I am willing to help on any worthwhile projects. I work with both modern and classic tilesets, equally experienced in both. If you're in need of a decent Level's Artist simply reply to this post with your project and the current status/state of it.

Looking forward to any responses :]
Old 01-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Is this like level consulting or something?

Maybe you'd do better if you posted some.... you know, levels?
Old 01-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Level's Artist
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Is this like level consulting or something?

Maybe you'd do better if you posted some.... you know, levels?
I help with whatever anyone needs. I can help with level consulting, tips, help with actual servers, etc. Didn't really think you'd need examples of my work but it isnt a problem. Here are a couple of levels I've made, one for Graal X (was featured on the server) and for Zodiac back when I was applying for a Level's Position (was accepted).

**Also have various references.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	building.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	50230   Click image for larger version

Name:	heresilent48.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	50231  
Old 01-13-2010, 08:53 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Interested on working on N-Pulse Rebirth?
Send me a Forum PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:51 AM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
Not to derail, but are you even capable of tiling trees together? (Just curious b/c 'Zodiac' screen shot).
Old 01-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Level's Artist
Yes. Took less time to just add the image npc, and that was merely a tryout level. Makes more sense to pay attention the overall quality and detail of the level then to spend time tiling the trees.

Last edited by Silent48; 01-14-2010 at 05:03 AM..
Old 01-14-2010, 05:30 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent48 View Post
Yes. Took less time to just add the image npc, and that was merely a tryout level. Makes more sense to pay attention the overall quality and detail of the level then to spend time tiling the trees.
when plastering tree images within a level it detracts from said quality and detail.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:49 AM
Level's Artist
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
when plastering tree images within a level it detracts from said quality and detail.
Doesn't really make sense considering it looks exactly the same, leaving me with extra time to work on more important areas of detail such as the grass detailing, path detailing, etc.

Plus the goal of any LAT is to produce decent, quality work at a efficient pace. There is NOTHING wrong with that level, you're just picking at things to argue about. The level looks great, detailed, and I can tell you from experience, being LAT Admin for a few hosted servers that I'd rather be efficient and produce quality work rather than waste time on finding myself unneeded and irrelevant work to slow me down.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:15 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Doesn't really make sense considering it looks exactly the same, leaving me with extra time to work on more important areas of detail such as the grass detailing, path detailing, etc.

Plus the goal of any LAT is to produce decent, quality work at a efficient pace. There is NOTHING wrong with that level, you're just picking at things to argue about. The level looks great, detailed, and I can tell you from experience, being LAT Admin for a few hosted servers that I'd rather be efficient and produce quality work rather than waste time on finding myself unneeded and irrelevant work to slow me down.
From a LAT that pays extreme attention to detail, I can safely say that the level is far from great. It actually lacks detail. I don't care to break down everything that is wrong with it (though I could if you wish), I was supporting the fact that tossing trees in like that does not look good. It is a lazy attempt at tiling, it detracts from level quality.

I don't really want to argue with you though, if using images is your preference who am I to challenge you on it.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:24 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
your levels look terrible

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 01-14-2010, 04:16 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
your levels look terrible
I'd have to agree here.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:50 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
the first level is practically an exact copy of the neotech building on Era that Dargaro made.

the second level is pretty decent, but then again I don't really know anything about leveling with classic tilesets, so I can see why everyone else thinks otherwise.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:23 AM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
Quote:

You're grass layering makes no sense in several places, along with tile errors. Your cliff tiling looks rushed and unpretty. Random hedge things placed around, no real point for them. Otherwise random space filler tiling to take up space. Doesn't really appear that the extra time is doing it's job, I could nit pick every single little detail. As you can see from other posts, it is pretty important to tile your trees.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Indigo
Immolate is on a distinguished road
Other than showing us mediocre levels and having experience at mediocre playerworlds, why should I be interested?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
I think he's quite good, he has potential. If you're desperately in need of a LAT he could easily be morphed to making whatever kind of style you want to. Personally the only things I dislike in the levels are the grass detail and you using trees images. Aswell as some tile errors.

If you are not "good enough" for these demanding guys, why not try to apply for Classic tab servers? If you were to practice leveling a few weeks, im confident that you are a very good candidate to work for an classic tab server.