Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
It was 5 days Spark , it was posted on Sunday 4-13-03 11:32 PM (Night) and closed on Friday 4-18-03 3:00pm (Afternoon) not that it makes a difference.
So it was. Mon-Fri. I stand corrected. *runs*
Old 05-06-2003, 11:12 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Nemesis, I did my best with the application and I told you in it the reason I never added the three other supporters, and I told you I know it would void my application, but, I was not going to go onto some server I rarely go on and ask random admins if they want to support me, and make up some lies to get them to like me and stuff. That is what half the people done, the other half just got their friends to support them.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
Nemesis, I did my best with the application and I told you in it the reason I never added the three other supporters, and I told you I know it would void my application, but, I was not going to go onto some server I rarely go on and ask random admins if they want to support me, and make up some lies to get them to like me and stuff. That is what half the people done, the other half just got their friends to support them.
Luckly I knew every supporter as I had either worked for them, or just know them anyway. And yes I suppose that didn't help that you only had 3.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Gone
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I had two supporters, and I gave reason why -- why is in detail in my above two; now three posts.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Blast you!!1
thesaiyan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Mykel
I didn't want to say anything, but it seems so. They are always on delteria with the same tag, and pk together, and are in the same guilds and are buddy-buddy. This may just be coincidence, but.....
So what if they are in the same guild/family as each other? Kish is a good choice. Better to have someone with a little managing skills such as kish than have someone without them. And Spark and Houidi (sp? Sorry for spelling lol) you two are also good choices. Congrats guys and girl.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:18 AM
Cynicism is on a distinguished road
I guess I will extend my congratulations to those who made the PWA Team. Though it dosen't really matter to me, it must feel like quite an honor to have been chosen amongst the multitude of applicants who applied.

Also, I think everyone should quit bickering about who made it on the PWA. Who gives a damn, really? Obviously,the ones chosen were seen as the best choices, and so to the victor goes the spoils. If there are some of you who are sore that you didn't get it (aimed towards those who are publically whining), tough. Just swallow your damned pride and accept that there were people better, and more qualified than you. There is no need for this stupid whiny crap to take place, really...
Old 05-07-2003, 01:27 AM
Gone
Cyn, and the others saying that some people posting here are "sore losers" and are bickering because they never won, should not be saying that, because the people suspected of doing that are not. They are just giving their opinion, and every human being is entitled to his/her opinion.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:38 AM
Cynicism is on a distinguished road
Yes. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, as I am, Excalibur. And yes, I do think it's silly and childish to fight over something so minuscule as a posistion on the PWA team. Yeah, sure some people may be uneasy about Kish being on the PWA team, for example but... has anyone given her the chance to see how she will preform? No one knows how these new PWA members will do yet. With that said, I suggest that everyone not judge a book, simply by it's cover.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:07 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
That's what I tried to point out in my post kai. I am not saying that Nem is being biased, as it seems he didn't have a decision in it, but it just raises suspicians (sp?).
Old 05-07-2003, 03:14 AM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
What's done is done. Whether or not the decision for the new PWA was wrong or not, the decision is final. Nemesis AND Aftershock chose the people to be apart of PWA. Nemesis even said that Aftershock had a greater say in the hirings which means that Aftershock could override Nemesis's decision to hire Kish.

The team isn't going to change. The new PWA were chosen, so lets leave it at that. WE did not see the applications so WE cannot determine whether or not the decision was a good one. Lets just let Nemesis and Aftershock do his job.

And Kai, I think Nemesis also meant grammar. Spelling might be wrong to grade on but grammar is something I would grade on. I would prefer the person who puts effort into their work rather than the person who types "internet language" and does not correct their typos.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:10 AM
are you happy now?
Neglegence2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Lyndzey
What's done is done. Whether or not the decision for the new PWA was wrong or not, the decision is final. Nemesis AND Aftershock chose the people to be apart of PWA. Nemesis even said that Aftershock had a greater say in the hirings which means that Aftershock could override Nemesis's decision to hire Kish.

The team isn't going to change. The new PWA were chosen, so lets leave it at that. WE did not see the applications so WE cannot determine whether or not the decision was a good one. Lets just let Nemesis and Aftershock do his job.

And Kai, I think Nemesis also meant grammar. Spelling might be wrong to grade on but grammar is something I would grade on. I would prefer the person who puts effort into their work rather than the person who types "internet language" and does not correct their typos.
They also have a grammer check, its on Microsoft Word.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:57 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
A few days ago I saw Nemesis log onto Enigma RC and proceed to throw around heaps of homophobic prejudice. This is the person choosing our future PWA? -_-
I have never known Nemesis to be prejudice...
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 05-07-2003, 05:12 AM
Deek2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Darlene159

I have never known Nemesis to be prejudice...
I've also had 'racist' problems with him when I was working on Cynical.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:15 AM
Gone
Quote:
Originally posted by Neglegence2002

They also have a grammer check, its on Microsoft Word.
And on Word Perfect. >

I have to disagree with you all. The reason why grammar and spelling was to be perfect or almost was to make it presentable. Would you hire someone that could not make the effort to correct his mistakes, or hire someone who has a well-presented application? Experance is only one thing Nemesis graded on, let's just leave it be. We cannot change what is already set, we can only be anxious to find out who it is that will be the fourth PWA member.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:58 AM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
I don't want to speculate and get into details, but when you have a handful of applications that have a few sentences saying "well, I would be a good PW member because..." and then you have a few applications that say "I would be a good PW member because.. and I will bring to the team.. and I would do this in situation x.. and situation y..." then obviously you get to know the person a bit more. Come on man, this is common sense. If someone goes into a job interview and says "please pick me because I am good for the job etc." and you have someone who comes in with a resume, is dressed neatly and answers your questions fully then expands on them, who are you most likely to pick. Now, this isn't to say that the other applications were terrible, but you could tell who put a bit more effort into it than the others.

If I've caused this community much grief over this decision, I am very sorry. I am not an anamoly who knows every single event on Graal, when it happened, when it happened and the end result. As you know, I haven't been active much on the Graal scene in the last couple months, I was offered the job, I accepted, and I'm back to work. Some of you (not all of you) are bickering like the other kingdoms back in the day did when I was in Dustari as prince/King and kept saying "OMfg DUSTARI CANT R-P TEHY R TEH SUCK". Well guess what, sometimes things look a bit different on paper.

And this is where I will stop, because from this post I bet I've probably just caused more speculation and created more questions and made more enemies, but this needed to be said. I don't blame Nemesis because he really let me choose the team, I don't blame Kishara because she hasn't done a thing yet, and people are already on her case. I don't blame any of the final applicants that didn't make it nor do I say there applications were terrible, I just don't understand why everyone has to scream bloody murder when something doesn't go their way.
Closed Thread