Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Yeah because being new to development and having a ****ty playerworld as a playground to improve yourself if even slightly is bad. Right?
Compared to experimenting on, say, the testbed server, or any playerworld that has actually good developers that could guide the new guy, yeah, I guess
Old 09-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Why would you hire someone that you had to teach over someone you didn't?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Because the latter guy does not exist
Old 09-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
the forums should be less restricted not more restricted.
imo trials should be allowed to make forum accounts. there is a lot more development discussion on these forums than there is in-game. if trials had access to that information they would be more likely to undertake development of their own, for which they would need to buy gold.

limiting the forums like this is a part of why there is a developer shortage in the first place.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:23 PM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
If you're actually swayed to the point of canceling development of a playerworld because of a few trolls in your forums thread, then you'll never survive as a creative force anyways. Criticism will come in all forms, some constructive and some not-constructive. In fact, the non-constructive criticism is the easiest to take.

@ Cubical: I really fail to see how scooter123 was trolling in that thread. Next to everything he said seemed like logical complaints. And like fp4 said, have you ever even been to Graal Ghetto? Or have any knowledge of their previous history? Stolen graphics, cross-server trading (even staff positions were sold). It's an Era clone that offers -nothing- new and doesn't even copy Era well. If I could think of one word as the antithesis to Graal Ghetto, it'd be "quality". Now, Cubical, am I trolling or just being honest?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
People who troll forums such as the playerworld hiring section should lose access to that subsection of the forums for a set period of time.
We already have that feature, except it prevents them from even viewing the forums while being logged in.
Quote:
That post was not only directed twords scooter123 but other people in that thread as well, he was just the one who decided to troll it the most.
So they were trolling about how stupid the server is? How they stole numurous things and cross server traded for staff positions?
Quote:
How do you think it makes the developer feel when people are publicly trash talking your hard work/server?
Are you actually saying stealing something and calling it your own is hard work for a server?
Quote:
Try to put yourself in these peoples shoes and think of how you would like it
Okay, I'll go start a server up, steal everything and post a hiring thread.
Quote:
then proceed to go outside and get a life that doesn't consist of trolling these forums trying to make yourself feel better.
This part just says "I'm butt hurt, do something please"
Old 09-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Quote:
How do you think it makes the developer feel when people are publicly trash talking your hard work/server?
>Implying they work on GG and not just steal ****
Old 09-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
We already have that feature, except it prevents them from even viewing the forums while being logged in. So they were trolling about how stupid the server is? How they stole numurous things and cross server traded for staff positions? Are you actually saying stealing something and calling it your own is hard work for a server? Okay, I'll go start a server up, steal everything and post a hiring thread. This part just says "I'm butt hurt, do something please"
You sir obviously have a severe case of autism as I have said that I wasn't just directing that twords the Graal Ghetto thread.
edit: I reread and apparently I didn't but that doesn't change the fact that it was implied and you still have severe autism if you weren't able to catch onto it.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Quote:
You sir obviously have a severe case of autism as I have said that I wasn't just directing that twords the Graal Ghetto thread.
edit: I reread and apparently I didn't but that doesn't change the fact that it was implied and you still have severe autism if you weren't able to catch onto it.
Sup baby, get mad. Are you really making light of autism and calling someone mentally compromised in a thread where you're complaining of trolling and negativity? MMmmmm.

Maybe I'll go make a thread about how trolling has a negative impact upon those who wish to post upon the forums, and how if we don't put a stop to it we'll lose forum users by the thousands. Then I can add this quote to the thread to build my case.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:21 AM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
I get the feeling there are a lot of users on these forums who are more interested in pissing people off than making any kind of argument, and I suspect one way to fix it is to report them and move on.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPython View Post
Sup baby, get mad. Are you really making light of autism and calling someone mentally compromised in a thread where you're complaining of trolling and negativity? MMmmmm.

Maybe I'll go make a thread about how trolling has a negative impact upon those who wish to post upon the forums, and how if we don't put a stop to it we'll lose forum users by the thousands. Then I can add this quote to the thread to build my case.
telling me i'm getting mad doesn't make me mad ;[ g1 tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
I get the feeling there are a lot of users on these forums who are more interested in pissing people off than making any kind of argument, and I suspect one way to fix it is to report them and move on.
Reporting is a hassle, most of the time it's more than one person that should be reported or a bunch of separate post and waiting 60 seconds to report something else is more a waste of time than it is productive.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:
telling me i'm getting mad doesn't make me mad ;[ g1 tho.
Didn't deny the hypocrisy.

Yeah, reporting takes a -ton- of time and effort. It's much better to write long-winded *****fests on the opinion section rather than just using the system already implemented that works fine.

Why don't you start a petition, too? I hear those work out really well.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:08 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
lol. Prove that any statement you make is more stupid.

Good threads with actual credibity will be praised and hated on by the people who hate that person and it will become obivous of that is happening.

Servers with a reputation of stealing multiple and countless things will be bashed and trolled thats not going to change and they deserve it.

Also, good job on avoiding on making a whole case over trolling when you could easily report but apperently "Reporting is a hassle" guess who would have to do what you just said? The mods.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:31 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
lol. Prove that any statement you make is more stupid.

Good threads with actual credibity will be praised and hated on by the people who hate that person and it will become obivous of that is happening.

Servers with a reputation of stealing multiple and countless things will be bashed and trolled thats not going to change and they deserve it.

Also, good job on avoiding on making a whole case over trolling when you could easily report but apperently "Reporting is a hassle" guess who would have to do what you just said? The mods.
I do report, I'm just saying its a hassle.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Somewhat rusty
Countdown to a moderator who has never touched an NPC with a ten-foot pole coming into the thread and siding with the guy accusing people disagreeing with him of trolling and implying they have developmental disorders
Closed Thread