Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 05:14 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't think anyone has made that suggestion.
This is addressed to them actually raising the prices to said dilemma.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
$0.
$20 for life.
$38 a year.
€38/$65 a year.

It has already been done several times.

What I don't get -- and I've said it over and over again -- is how $2 for life on iPhone Graal can be such an amazing cash cow, when $20 for life on PC Graal was apparently unsustainable?
PC might've made a lot of money but it doesn't mean the money stays forever you know.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
The prices just need to go down...I don't know why they haven't gone down yet.

New players have no incentive to pay for this game...

People from iPhone graal have no incentive...on iPhone, the only limitation they have is a change of looks.
There was a slew of iPhone players on UN today.

But they have no reason to pay...the only thing they really want to do is change their look.

On iPhone, if they want to change their look...they pay a dollar.
If they want to change their look on the pc? 65 dollars.....

Something is very very wrong with that picture.

Edit: And Observer mode isn't even much of a problem....there are servers trials can play on without having to worry about observer.
So, if you take away observer mode...what is left of the advantages to paying?
Well...you get access to UC playerworlds...but, is that really an advantage? If your not going to develope...whats the point.

So, all thats left as far as advantages to paying? Being able to set your head and body outside the trial limitations...

Congratulations Stefan, you have made a game where it costs over 50 dollars to change the look of your character!
Old 05-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
Edit: And Observer mode isn't even much of a problem....there are servers trials can play on without having to worry about observer.
So, if you take away observer mode...what is left of the advantages to paying?
Well...you get access to UC playerworlds...but, is that really an advantage? If your not going to develope...whats the point.

So, all thats left as far as advantages to paying? Being able to set your head and body outside the trial limitations...

Congratulations Stefan, you have made a game where it costs over 50 dollars to change the look of your character!
It is a huge problem. Just because one or two(literally) servers don't have it doesn't mean it's not a problem. As GK and Zodiac can attest to, you can create better incentives for players to upgrade than annoying the **** out of them(and the scripters). Also, you assume if they removed observer mode, something better couldn't replace it.

Observer mode sucks ass. Period.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:40 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Buyan bread
Old 05-02-2010, 01:39 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It is a huge problem. Just because one or two(literally) servers don't have it doesn't mean it's not a problem. As GK and Zodiac can attest to, you can create better incentives for players to upgrade than annoying the **** out of them(and the scripters). Also, you assume if they removed observer mode, something better couldn't replace it.

Observer mode sucks ass. Period.
I wasn't saying it isnt a huge problem...because it is. I know that.

But, there still arent enough incentives to upgrade.

I'm not familiar with what zodiac has done to replace observer...idk what the incentives are there.
But its difficult for some servers to create incentives for players.
For zodiac, they could cap levels, make some armor not available, etc.

But servers like UN...cap the number of items you can have? Limit hats? Only a certain number of events per day?

Theres only so much you can do...which is why the old trial system, of just not being able to save, was much better...at least then you could customize your character and play the damn server without interruption from observer mode...

Edit: Even with more incentives to upgrade...I don't think any number of incentives are worth the prices Graal charges. =/
Old 05-02-2010, 01:55 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm not familiar with what zodiac has done to replace observer...idk what the incentives are there.
But its difficult for some servers to create incentives for players.
For zodiac, they could cap levels, make some armor not available, etc.
They are..

- Unlimited Look - Access to 1000s of heads!
- Access to EXP Bonuses
- Increased EXP gain at level 60
- Unlockable Prestige Classes

js.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
They are..

- Unlimited Look - Access to 1000s of heads!
- Access to EXP Bonuses
- Increased EXP gain at level 60
- Unlockable Prestige Classes

js.
Still not worth Graal's subscription prices...
Old 05-02-2010, 02:13 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Still not worth Graal's subscription prices...
Didn't say they were, but Stefan has already said he's planning on changing them with V6 so this thread is a black-hole discussion. So really all we can do is wait and see.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:17 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
So really all we can do is wait and see.
Indeed.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:09 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Rufus's post is the only readable one in that thread
Old 05-02-2010, 04:00 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Rufus's post is the only readable one in that thread
Yea, it's pretty complex stuff.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:06 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Yea, it's pretty complex stuff.
I was thinking it was more...rhetorical.

You know what I mean. "Grandiose". With a high-flown style. An unnecessary and excessive use of verbal ornamentation. I'm sure you get the idea.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:13 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Blind leading the blind.
--^
Old 05-02-2010, 04:27 AM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I was thinking it was more...rhetorical.

You know what I mean. "Grandiose". With a high-flown style. An unnecessary and excessive use of verbal ornamentation. I'm sure you get the idea.
As I indicated, I didn't expect an immediate response - I think that's in my first line.

I qualified my statements with all of the trivial excuses someone might try if they wanted to evade a question. It's pretty complex stuff.