Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 12:31 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Prices should be based on. . .!

Prices should be based on how active the Graal community is.

Meaning, since the community was cut by 60+% for the passed 2-3years, the price should be 50% lower than what it is now. I mean, right now you offer a small community for such a high price. Go ahead and up the price ONCE theres a lot more people since there would be a lot more to offer. Honestly, these high prices are a complete turn off to people who are new to Graal.

Thoughts?

Old 05-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
prices should just be at a stable, fair amount. The current prices are way too high for a game as outdated as this one.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
prices should just be at a stable, fair amount. The current prices are way too high for a game as outdated as this one.
True. Stefan should just bring back the lifetime classic option, and the old "gold system" back. Isn't he making enough money from iGraal or w.e it's called?

Old 05-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Everytime I see ya...
Old_Days is an unknown quantity at this point
Why are you mofo's still paying this guy? Everyone makes fun of me for being trial but I guess its better than paying to be bored on a crappy game?

If everyone would just stop paying him, then he will be forced to lower the prices, or he will just close the PC version of the game. Sounds like he's already leaning towards option number 2 to be honest.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Days View Post
Why are you mofo's still paying this guy? Everyone makes fun of me for being trial but I guess its better than paying to be bored on a crappy game?

If everyone would just stop paying him, then he will be forced to lower the prices, or he will just close the PC version of the game. Sounds like he's already leaning towards option number 2 to be honest.
Addiction. Addiction. Addiction.

He's making enough from iGraal or w.e. Why would he bother lower the prices on this game?

Old 05-01-2010, 02:37 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Prices should be based on. . .!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
Thoughts?
Blind leading the blind.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Everytime I see ya...
Old_Days is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
Addiction. Addiction. Addiction.

He's making enough from iGraal or w.e. Why would he bother lower the prices on this game?
Exactly, he honestly doesnt care whether we all leave or not. As long as hes still making iphone money, then hes alright.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:14 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
you guys should bust out a calculator...graal is making millions off of a free app!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:16 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
He's already mentioned a couple of times that he's looking to change the pricing model to item-based and server game-play specific upgrade bonuses like GK, Zone, and Zodiac are now.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:48 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
He's already mentioned a couple of times that he's looking to change the pricing model to item-based and server game-play specific upgrade bonuses like GK, Zone, and Zodiac are now.
That would be great. Most of MMO's work like that now.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:52 AM
Finger lickin' good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
you guys should bust out a calculator...graal is making millions off of a free app!!!
sorry, I will elaborate for the person who called me a simple minded dwarf, lol. $.99 optional purchases (~$.70 after Apple's cut) where only ~30% of the players are actually investing in the upgrades (stefan's words at around the time purchases were made available; that could have changed) is not getting them rich.

Stop *****ing because Stefan has said more than once that he plans to change the pricing system.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Based on my personal conversations with Stefan, I've been told their iPhone sales are hugely successful - and in extension, their paid content.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:46 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I understand that maybe the playercount dropping causes it harder to get the revenue needed to sustain a game like Graal, but I'm pretty sure raising the price isn't the answer to such a dilemma. Charging your faithful customers more helps how?
Old 05-01-2010, 04:49 AM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I'm pretty sure raising the price isn't the answer to such a dilemma.
I don't think anyone has made that suggestion.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't think anyone has made that suggestion.
$0.
$20 for life.
$38 a year.
€38/$65 a year.

It has already been done several times.

What I don't get -- and I've said it over and over again -- is how $2 for life on iPhone Graal can be such an amazing cash cow, when $20 for life on PC Graal was apparently unsustainable?