Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
No, I think you missunderstand. Gold includes everything. Silver only includes Silver + Bronze.
And Bronze is default for trials

No, free for all.

This is an idea to gain players while not losing anything on it.

I hope this clarifies.
Correct.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:00 AM
xmann is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the idea of hosted being free to Trials being that the vast majority of graal players starts around 15 to 17, then when they actually get a job, maybe a credit card, you can make money off their expierience and them thinking, if this is free, what is the rest like? But with the Hosted tab, they also see what you may say is the worst of graal, but that still up holds what I said above, which could be an advantage or disadvantage.

- Former Global Graphics Administration
- Former Maloria Admin
- Former Classic GP Captain
- Former Classic Events Coordinator
- Creator of Graal Underground
- Former GP Chief, Graal 2001
- Various other project and servers as well

When guilds had a meaning:
- TGM - Co Leader
- Red Dragon
- The Graalian Army Leader

EoM!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I like this idea +.

Maybe to keep the servers safe from abusers make it so the UC servers can only hold a maximum of 30 players? just so people dont abuse.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
I like this idea +.

Maybe to keep the servers safe from abusers make it so the UC servers can only hold a maximum of 30 players? just so people dont abuse.
I hear that you weren't around when Graal was free. Back in 2000~ it was almost 600 people playing on classic, at the same time. THAT was fun.

30 players is nothing. Why limit it to that?
Old 10-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Very nice idea, the Hosted Servers usually suck like hell anyway
Old 10-10-2009, 05:18 PM
firefighter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat
And especially gain new players. Making Bronze(Hosted+trial)-tab entirely free would possibly help gain new people. this way people still have to pay to gain the better servers.

It will also help the new hosted servers to gain players, and possibly be able to develop further to possibly move up to the silver(classic) tab.
Yeah! I'm right there with you - this would be great

My idea is to make time accounts, based on the number of hours, a player is online in total on Classic servers. Each player has a defined free playtime (e.g. basically 10 hours gets refilled each month - can't be stacked). If a player wants to play longer, he needs to buy some online hours (that arn't too expensive) which gets stacked to the players time account. He can type in, how many online hours he wants and the price is calculated automatically so that by buying the more online hours each hour gets the cheaper.

Also it makes no sense for me to seperate Gold and Classic servers in two different price categories because it only drops the player count on the most expensive one so it doesn't matter if there are more players on the Classic (cheaper) and fewer players on the Gold (more expensive) ones or the same total player count splitted fifty-fifty so they could be Classic at all

Development/Hosted servers should be free for all players because they arn't finished and maybe havn't enough content to provide to the players so that the players dislike to pay for them...

The development speed of them will be boosted too because there will be more developers online on each server because they don't need to pay for working there (except the owner) so that they will become finished faster to get into the list of Classic servers (where the players need to pay for exceeding their free online hours).

In the sum it will be a large profit for graal because the player count will climb up, much more of the Development servers will become finished (instead getting bog down) and a huge amount of varity will arise.

This could really help graal to become the best and most popular 2D MMORPG ever
Old 10-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
This could really help graal to become the best and most popular 2D MMORPG ever
If it was cheaper, then yes, maybe.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
cheaper like 5$/month maybe
Old 10-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Captain of Omega 3
Zeyo is on a distinguished road
pelikanos a ***
Old 10-11-2009, 07:17 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
No server is worth paying for . We should only have to pay once
Old 10-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
My personally opinion ; in order to get more players comming to Graal we need to make atleast playing classic tab server's free.
I love the new gelat system, it's great... but forcing players who just want to play classic tab servers pay once a month, eh...
It would be a great idea... if we had 5000 players, but now we have like 300 players and litteraly all servers on the classic tab is pretty much half dead.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:22 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
My personally opinion ; in order to get more players comming to Graal we need to make atleast playing classic tab server's free.
I love the new gelat system, it's great... but forcing players who just want to play classic tab servers pay once a month, eh...
It would be a great idea... if we had 5000 players, but now we have like 300 players and litteraly all servers on the classic tab is pretty much half dead.
tobad everyone plays classic and nobody plays gold so hardly anyone would pay anymore, just developers.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:31 PM
AEON Manager
Hatred89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Hatred89
A lot of the ideas that are being tossed around on this thread sounds good and seems to becoming not so complicated as the idea grows. I think something similar to this could probably work if hosted servers required people to get gold to develop on them or maybe at least silver?
It might give incentive to people who normally wouldn't upgrade to upgrade to develop on a server. Plus having a few more servers for people to play on could be nice but could have a few cons who knows? The problem with this idea is that if trials got unlimited access to hosted then everyone would just make a trial account to play those servers right? And would people with unlimited classic get access to hosted too? I probably didn't read over everything but oh well =P
Anyhow it could give incentive for trials to buy gold if they like how graal works =0.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
wow do you really think stefan read this thread lol, its 99.99% impossible to change anything here.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:49 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
I have a quickly thought up idea. New, slightly larger interface, with a new tab for premium users where players can pay to get on this new "Preview Status".