Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 02:25 AM
lag_PKer can only hope to improve
Graal issues after download.

Hello.
I'm posting this because I think Graal has some serious issues and glitches, even to players who are new to the game.

I've recently seen 3 people try out Graal:

#1 My guildmate's irl friend
Now this is probably a UN problem, but when he went on he was confronted by the "Boy or Girl?" screen and no matter what, he could not get out of that.

#2 My guildmates' irl boyfriend
He came on Graal and.. he had that screen problem where the tileset is all black and when players move, they create duplicates of themselves as they go around.
Meaning if you have this problem and I moved from left to right, you'd see duplicates me of running right as I go toward that direction.

This happened to me on Zodiac when I first logged on the server and they said it was my "video card", but that is probably false, because I went back to UN, came back on Zod months later, and it was fixed.

Also happened to me on Era a few times.

Happened to me on UN once.

Usually this can be remedied by a few reconnects or logging off and on, but in my guildmate's boyfriend's case, he couldn't shake it off.

Needless to say he was never on Graal ever again.

#3 My guild leader's friend irl
My guild leader had a gold account that was expiring in a few days, so he let one of his friends try out Graal.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2e1vldw.jpg
This is a screenshot of his screen being messed up.
It looks like his sprites.png image was out of wack.
He also had problems reading signs. Instead of seeing what a sign said, he'd just see random letters.

So instead of "Hi, welcome to my house!"
"ASKDFJASIRUIWAJAFISJDFIASDJFI(AWJ#Q@I(RJAJFDIASJF DIASDJFIASDJDFIASDJDFIASDFIASDFIASDFIASHFIASHFDIAS DHFIASDHFASIHFAISHFASIDFDHSAIDFHASIDFHAISDDHFASIHF IASHFIASDHFDIASDHFIASDHDFIAWFNEIASNCASKJDNCIAWHERI FCIWEAHFIAHWFINAWVIAWIHWITHAVINWIVN@IWA#H%R(@I##UR QINFIAWENFIAEWHNFIAWHFAWHFAWHFAWIHNFQIWNCBI@NFIQHF IAHFIWHFE"

Also his heads were messed up too. If you look at our characters and the statues, the heads are.. backwards?

These are only 3 recent examples of what has been a long-time trend of people having huge problems with the client as soon as they download it.
Hopefully V6 fixes them, and if not, they will be looked into and patched in the next version.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:02 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
First!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:50 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
when the tileset is downloading the tiles usually are blacks and duplicates of my char appear like your friend in #2 was having happen to him. He might have had to just wait a few minutes for the tiles to load?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:08 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Account sharing ftw!!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:37 PM
qW£rt Classic Iphone
qw3rt is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you tried to reinstall the graal client or like someone said video cards I say maybe to update drivers. Anyways you can fix you're system in the option of the client (videos,etc..) it could help
Old 09-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lag_PKer View Post
Hello.
I'm posting this because I think Graal has some serious issues and glitches, even to players who are new to the game.

I've recently seen 3 people try out Graal:

#1 My guildmate's irl friend
Now this is probably a UN problem, but when he went on he was confronted by the "Boy or Girl?" screen and no matter what, he could not get out of that.

#2 My guildmates' irl boyfriend
He came on Graal and.. he had that screen problem where the tileset is all black and when players move, they create duplicates of themselves as they go around.
Meaning if you have this problem and I moved from left to right, you'd see duplicates me of running right as I go toward that direction.

This happened to me on Zodiac when I first logged on the server and they said it was my "video card", but that is probably false, because I went back to UN, came back on Zod months later, and it was fixed.

Also happened to me on Era a few times.

Happened to me on UN once.

Usually this can be remedied by a few reconnects or logging off and on, but in my guildmate's boyfriend's case, he couldn't shake it off.

Needless to say he was never on Graal ever again.

#3 My guild leader's friend irl
My guild leader had a gold account that was expiring in a few days, so he let one of his friends try out Graal.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2e1vldw.jpg
This is a screenshot of his screen being messed up.
It looks like his sprites.png image was out of wack.
He also had problems reading signs. Instead of seeing what a sign said, he'd just see random letters.

So instead of "Hi, welcome to my house!"
"ASKDFJASIRUIWAJAFISJDFIASDJFI(AWJ#Q@I(RJAJFDIASJF DIASDJFIASDJDFIASDJDFIASDFIASDFIASDFIASHFIASHFDIAS DHFIASDHFASIHFAISHFASIDFDHSAIDFHASIDFHAISDDHFASIHF IASHFIASDHFDIASDHFIASDHDFIAWFNEIASNCASKJDNCIAWHERI FCIWEAHFIAHWFINAWVIAWIHWITHAVINWIVN@IWA#H%R(@I##UR QINFIAWENFIAEWHNFIAWHFAWHFAWHFAWIHNFQIWNCBI@NFIQHF IAHFIWHFE"

Also his heads were messed up too. If you look at our characters and the statues, the heads are.. backwards?

These are only 3 recent examples of what has been a long-time trend of people having huge problems with the client as soon as they download it.
Hopefully V6 fixes them, and if not, they will be looked into and patched in the next version.
All he had to simply do was use his direction arrows and to select press a. That was graals classic method of GUI selection. A lot of players hardly know this, but its simple knowledge really. Maybe UN Should add a friendly reminder to those individuals not capable of figuring out the basics of game play.

A lot of the private UC servers have issues setting up a simple tileset. They figure since they have money to blow they can develop. Which it usually turns out to be a failed project. If you where referring to a classic server, then simple try to delete the tiledefs for that server in your graal folder/tiledefs/serverdef.txt, sometimes that helps correct the issue.

Weather your friend onlinetime expires in 1 second or 5 days, never let them use your account. There is some power hungry staff waiting to ban people over ridicules reasons because they have the power to do so. Not sure why the images messed up on Zodiac, I never had that issue and usually jerret is on top of the bugs that manage to linger around.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 10-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
#3 is, without a doubt, a graphics driver/card issue. I remember having a similar problem on my laptop one of the times that I wiped my hard drive. I installed a different gfx driver than the one i usually use, which caused certain images on my end to be shared between players (for the most part, everyone appeared to be using my body), and if i started walking, everyone else's bodies would copy the same animation that mine was currently using.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:50 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
haha suckers, way to help a guy 6 months later!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
My guildmate's irl friend, My guildmates' irl boyfriend, My guild leader's friend irl.

lol.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:50 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
IMHO Graal looks like it was programmed by a 12 year old with the downs. If files become corrupt just blame Graal.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
IMHO Graal looks like it was programmed by a 12 year old with the downs. If files become corrupt just blame Graal.
Stefan's going to kill you.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:55 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
I doubt that.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:11 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
Stefan's going to kill you.
Graal looks less presentable every update.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Playing since in '04.
HirakoShinji is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to HirakoShinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Graal looks less presentable every update.
True-ish.