Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Why are PPA guns not tag-locked?

Why are PPA guns not tag locked?
Why do people use them in raids?
Why do people use them in Events?
Why is the DC-9 a ****ing Shipka?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:22 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
:o!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:55 PM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Likely because PPA serves absolutely no lasting or meaningful purpose on the server. It used to exist to essentially be another social club or power guild, but let's face it...it's not even doing that well anymore.

The only possible use left is to allow certain individuals access to an armory of guns unavailable to the public.

This is unacceptable. As I've said time and time again, these guns were designed to be powerful with the concept in mind that they are being used on missions to protect their clients. That is the only time PPA guns are to be used. The fact that you can join a business with guns and then simply use the guns whenever you feel like it. Tag on, tag off. Who cares? Mission, no mission. I've still got my guns.

Here's the thing, Bounty Hunter made more sense to keep as a private business than PPA does. PPA's business model is a joke. In my opinion, one of two things needs to happen. Either staff needs to give PPA more purpose (such as businesses needing to transport their materials to a storage room/other room, and PPA needs to protect them against gangs/players who attempt to steal them) , or PPA just needs to be deleted.

But in the mean time, at least tag-lock the guns. They already were tag-locked, whose brilliant idea was it to untag-lock them?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPython View Post
Here's the thing, Bounty Hunter made more sense to keep as a private business than PPA does.
I'd really like anyone to propose a public system that would work in place of the private PPA (protecting players).

I've tried to think of something, but came up dry. I'm in favor of removing it completely.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 PM
They're still being used in Events and Raids.

The fking Ravson5 Nades are VERY annoying, the Ap7s barely have freeze and the DC-9 is Shipka2.

I talked to Daz about this and he told me to talk to Masa.

Masa said he'd discuss it with other staff members, after a week I asked him about progres and he was like:

"It's not a priority, nothing has been done yet"

After me asking him what IS his priority and what he is working on right now, he shut the hell up.
Maybe creating new songs for his instrument?

I don't know why Masa and Daz are still Gang and Gun Admins anyway.
Has anyone seen any change, besides some guns getting buffed in the past 5 - 8 Months?
Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Dc9 doesn't have the same stats as a shipka last I checked my MT and MS were both way better then it.

Also were Ap7's recently made retradeable or something? A kid shot at me while I was typing, and I ended up flawlessing him, I always thought PPA members were better then that

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:35 PM
PPA Members being good? Stop joking.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Yeah but its well known I'm not very good at PK usually

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Here a conversation beetween me and Masa.
Both partys agreed on publicing these Historys on the forums, so please don't delete.

, (Mon Jul 06 22:41:51 2009):
Yeah
Pelikano (Mon Jul 06 22:41:18 2009):
May I post this history on the Forums?
Pelikano (Mon Jul 06 22:41:18 2009):
Nice, 5 Months stuff are in development? I am sure people will be happy to see the end product of this.
, (Mon Jul 06 22:40:42 2009):
Regardless of whether you think so or not, things are being done.
They're just not being done the way you want them, that's all.
It isn't as if you've played this game long enough to have a favorable opinion over mine.
Yeah, of course I'm going to put my experience before yours, that's a given.
And hey, that's okay, it isn't as if you're entitled to know what's going on around here.
There are things in development, that's all you need to know.
Pelikano (Mon Jul 06 22:40:27 2009):
I hear no answer.

What have you done in the last months besides writing down your ideas?
Pelikano (Mon Jul 06 22:33:17 2009):
However, what did you do in the last 5 Months? Besides writing your toughts down .
I am asking again.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:20 PM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I'd really like anyone to propose a public system that would work in place of the private PPA (protecting players).

I've tried to think of something, but came up dry. I'm in favor of removing it completely.
I really don't think PPA would work at all as a public business. BHer made sense, there's a bunch of targets, anyone grabs it and completes it.

PPA's contracts are time-limits and activate immediately...so, who would you hire, and what happens if they don't even respond/want to protect you? I guess you could have a volunteer based system where people throw up their accounts as possible Protection Agents, but still...it wouldn't get any business.

There's just no real compelling reason to hire someone to protect you. From what? A death? Boohoo. +1 to the 5,000 the player already has.
Unless a system is in place where businesses or players risk losing money (ie, transporting mining goods) unless it's protected...

But then again, I think that idea wouldn't work out well at all. Unless they wanted to risk losing money, they'd have to hire PPA. PPA would have a monopoly, and it'd just make owning a business have one more annoying thing to constantly deal with. Then you'd also have the issue of needing to transport things when no agents are available, etc.

Bottom line, I just don't think PPA's worth that much work to make it useful.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 PM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
I think Bounty Hunter should just replace Grotto.nw, which is the sewer at unstick me. I do realise the point in "Making it hidden" behind a common place, like the Comic Club, but I think it would just be easier at unstick me.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:12 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
£> Grotto.nw <3
Old 07-07-2009, 03:27 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
PPA has been like this for years. nothing but an elitist group with access to unique and over powered weapons.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:41 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Eventually we'd like to get rid of (or limit the number of) player-owned/player-operated businesses where the main point is stocking. It's impossible to compete with an NPC shop, so unless the shops sell different things, there's no point to it.

What I'd like to do is have more businesses that do something other than mine and press A. Era News is a good example. PPA is the kind of business I am thinking of, but it's a really lame example. PPA will most likely be scrapped or be changed somehow. None of us have come up with a good way to fix PPA yet, so we're open to suggestions.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:59 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Eventually we'd like to get rid of (or limit the number of) player-owned/player-operated businesses where the main point is stocking. It's impossible to compete with an NPC shop, so unless the shops sell different things, there's no point to it.

What I'd like to do is have more businesses that do something other than mine and press A. Era News is a good example. PPA is the kind of business I am thinking of, but it's a really lame example. PPA will most likely be scrapped or be changed somehow. None of us have come up with a good way to fix PPA yet, so we're open to suggestions.
wrong thread? lololol