Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2009, 04:55 AM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Bomy Island

So who exactly is running this server now and what do they need help on?
Old 05-29-2009, 05:53 AM
osnap.
Xterminator will become famous soon enough
Rufus is running the show now.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
its pretty cool spanks. the new body system kicks ass and i never thought i would like a new body system. the item system is pretty crunk too. the main messup in my opinion is like 80% of the levels were deleted. so you are looking at an almost blank overworld. no birdbird slums no dustari no nothin. i miss ThT's desert. idk maybe you can find a way to get on and check it out but if it got a ****load of new levels it could be brought back :0

in defense of current management. it is way better than it was when stuff died down originally, the new content is friggen dope.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Level Designer
No one has a backup of the Graal2001 levels? Or did they delete them on purpose?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura aboutgravator has a spectacular aura about
I had asked rufus about that today and the only info i was given is that andrew (Snake Andy) is doing much of the scripting there, i definitly would like to see more people helping on the project, but there may not be enough help to go around or the talent is not going to be good enough for what is planned for bomy island.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:03 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
its been handed down to so many managers the levels were just lost/deleted in the process i assume. anyways. NO one has backups. unless you do. that would be swell
Old 05-31-2009, 06:12 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Rufus has all the old 2k1 content up to the very end. Even heads.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:45 AM
Level Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Oh ok, because I have the backup of the levels, scripts and all that too.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:10 PM
Prinking Droblem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post

uh what? im pretty sure you dont know what you are talking about. I'm sure some of the levels would be appreciated. they took ALL of the kingdoms back to before dino's existed. samurai castle, dusrai, there isnt even a pirate crew kingdom anymore. The Slums. im pretty sure the backup levels would be useful just to go from there instead of going from scratch. last time i logged into 2k1 they did not have the backups. which was not very long ago.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:22 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
uh what? im pretty sure you dont know what you are talking about. I'm sure some of the levels would be appreciated. they took ALL of the kingdoms back to before dino's existed. samurai castle, dusrai, there isnt even a pirate crew kingdom anymore. The Slums. im pretty sure the backup levels would be useful just to go from there instead of going from scratch. last time i logged into 2k1 they did not have the backups. which was not very long ago.
I do have various backups, just not the one with The Slums in.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:33 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I want to know what sort of definitive plan there is for Space Jam Mountain.

Last Graal2001 release we did the impossible and filled it with trees, gave it some cool new ice tiles, etc.

It never really lacked things to do, it just lacked any sort of structure or even stlye reflecting the rest of the overworld. It has historically always been a snowy wasteland with completely blank levels in many spots.

I've asked Rufus about this but I'm not really sure I got a coherent answer. The problem could be my memory.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Banned
sid.gottlieb@googlemail.com will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I'm working on the scripting.
Major systems seem to be done, just doing content. I'm having to re-code the most of it however the hard part is done (the item system, it's done in SQL, makes the item handling alot easier too).
Old 06-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Prinking Droblem
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yeah, I'm working on the scripting.
Major systems seem to be done, just doing content. I'm having to re-code the most of it however the hard part is done (the item system, it's done in SQL, makes the item handling alot easier too).
you are awesome.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:51 AM
G2k1
I am extremely pumped by this project. The last progress I saw of it was around 2006-2007, but what I saw was extremely impressive. There were a lot of surprises and secrets about the server I learned and apparently a lot of secrets I was not given clearance to know.

So pumped.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:59 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
If you guys need some development help, I am able to help on my free times.