Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Drakeero will become famous soon enough
Who's interested in my RP background?

I'm working on building lists and summaries of Drakeero's RP experience. Think of it as a portfolio of quests and experience. However this is not the mechanics of my RP system or a detailed race/stat/ability list for Drakeero. Not only do I want to know if anyone is actually interested in seeing it, but also the best place to put it.

Being a relatively low level player to the Kingdoms sever, and not having the immense fame (or notoriety) throughout Graal history that other people enjoy, I find myself being challenged a lot in terms of my RP background, storyline, and Drakeero's actual capabillities.

This list that I have prepared is just the first part of three 'eras' of Drakeero's life.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:06 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
It'll be an abridgment right? I suppose I'm interested so long as it's not 20 pages.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:10 AM
Ajogamer is on a distinguished road
I'd be intrested in reading some of your RP history. As for where to put it, right in this thread would probably work fine.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:11 AM
Drakeero will become famous soon enough
Oh yeah. It might still be a bunch of pages, but its not an in-depth description of each quest. (Heck, that'll be enough for a few novels.)
Old 08-01-2007, 05:19 AM
Supa Highlander
SuperCornGuy is on a distinguished road
Sounds rather intresting, course, I'm not of Zormite anymore. I still say this could be fun, being as long as this sounds.

I totally made this Pete sprite by myself, I know its Ninja!!
Old 08-01-2007, 05:24 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol graal should make some RP story books/novels, then they could then sell them, the players could also make some of their own, then CJ could approve them, then sell them, and the player that made it could have about 2% of the profits and but they had to use it on subscriptions.

ontopic, I'd like to see it

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 08-01-2007, 09:27 PM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
Hah, no.

Publish my writing and you will find an army of lawyers at your office.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbosh View Post
Hah, no.

Publish my writing and you will find an army of lawyers at your office.
Wow umm considering anything done online is in Public Domain I don't think you would have a case.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:53 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Not me.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Foxy
Butz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Butz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Wow umm considering anything done online is in Public Domain I don't think you would have a case.
o.O;

Wait... no...

o.O;;

There, that's better.

Creating something and posting it online in any way shape or form does most definitely NOT make it public domain.

FoxKelfonne @ DeviantART(updated: Dec 14, 2010)
Many Thanks to konidias for my avatar

Shawn Kelfonne - Aegis Mage of Dustari
Old 08-02-2007, 04:50 AM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Copyright laws do not work the same online. It is very hard to prove who did what unless there is physical proof which there is none online.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:09 AM
Foxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CABAL49 View Post
Copyright laws do not work the same online. It is very hard to prove who did what unless there is physical proof which there is none online.
Hard, not impossible. There are ways to prove you're a creator of a work. And copyright law is copyright law, regardless of whether it's online or not.

For example, a band posts a new track online that they've just created, putting it up for download on their web site.
Jimmy McLarceny shows up, and decides he can make some money off of it, placing it up for sale on a paid download site of music he claims he made.

Now obviously, if it went to court, the band would be able to produce other things relating to the song. Sheet music, track recordings, things that the person who took it and sold it wouldn't have.

Granted, this becomes more difficult with something like say, pixel art, but there are still ways to prove ownership.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Every attempt for real play on gk ended into something silly and nonsense.

Just spend your time with the usual hack and slay on gk.. probaply a better method on wasting time than having low quality-absurd rp on gk.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
meh as long as he copyrights it then its not in public domain. But if he don't then its property of public domain.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Foxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
meh as long as he copyrights it then its not in public domain. But if he don't then its property of public domain.
No.

At least, not by US Copyright law. (I'm not sure how it works for those of you elsewhere.)

In the United States, Copyright is automatically granted to the creator of a work at time of creation. If the person wishes to do so, they can go through the copyright office and actually register the copyright, which strengthens their claim on the work. But in no way does something automatically become public domain just because you didn't write "Copyright 20XX by blahblahblah" on it.

Of course, there are some exceptions to this. Many businesses that deal in the creation of artwork, design, programs, stories, and other intellectual property have conditions in their contracts that anything created by an employee while on company time or equipment becomes property of the company. (Technically, my college owns all the programs I wrote while I was a student, so if I were to try to sell any of them, I would need to get permission from the college first.) As far as I know, Graal's own agreement states that any files uploaded to a server become property of Cyberjoureurs Inc. Other places have the stipulation in their upload policy that by uploading, you grant them a non-exclusive license to display and distribute your work, basically, granting them permission to use it.

But nothing is ever placed in the public domain by default. You will always have a copyright on a work that you create, barring special circumstances. Whether you choose to enforce that copyright however, is entirely up to you.