Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 10:17 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
hmm. I wonder if those top 10 would be willing to pay good level makers and scripters to work for them. It's a nice blackmail to use aginst the top 10 if you make good levels or npc's.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:18 AM
Banned
Nemesis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Send a message via AIM to Nemesis
When I gather more details or if Unixmad himself posts here to correct me...Then details will be given. Until then it's made for people to know whats coming in the future, so you are aware of things and can prepare your servers accordingly. The price is approx. 10-20 usd. But the fact is...you won't be paying 10-20 a month because there will be goals to meet, and money prizes to help pay for the worlds per month. That is the aim to basically
Old 03-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis
When I gather more details or if Unixmad himself posts here to correct me...Then details will be given. Until then it's made for people to know whats coming in the future, so you are aware of things and can prepare your servers accordingly. The price is approx. 10-20 usd. But the fact is...you won't be paying 10-20 a month because there will be goals to meet, and money prizes to help pay for the worlds per month. That is the aim to basically
Good, that's better than GOD DAMN paying money and crap, because what if someone misses a month of paying ;x
Old 03-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Freelance Web Designer
JrTerrorist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JrTerrorist Send a message via MSN to JrTerrorist
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis
Im sure we will be able to say, pay for two months in advance?
Or soemthing like that..

10-20 usd.. ah crap.. into Canadian cashmonies thats more ;_;..
I make about $40 on average (Canadian).. a month.. but I need that for when I break my decks and stuff <=/

Yes, I'm really Arcadius Canavi.
Games I Play: CS, CS:CZ, CS:S, DoD, HL2, Halo2, World of Warcraft, NS
Games I used to Play: SWG, L2, EQ, FFXI, MoH:AA, BF1942
www.gamersmark.com > you.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by JrTerrorist

Im sure we will be able to say, pay for two months in advance?
Or soemthing like that..

10-20 usd.. ah crap.. into Canadian cashmonies thats more ;_;..
I make about $40 on average (Canadian).. a month.. but I need that for when I break my decks and stuff <=/
Its still only 10-20usd, it will be slightly more but by 1-1.5usd MAX so its not much of an increase.

Devil has a point here, what if we miss a payment? Does Unix run to our house and take chairs and dishes to the value of 10-20USD, lol.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:26 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
wow, my first post on these forums
=O

ok, i got some questions...

#1. will servers which are already online have to pay as well?
#2. you said that the top servers will get a free month, or something? will this be only the top paid servers, or top servers out of all of them?

anyways, i agree with the "paid servers" tab idea... you could just have an icon next to the under construction PW's...

also, someone said you might get 'only' $3 from an upgrade... but if you have to pay only $10 a month... that means you just have to get 3 or 4 people a month to put your server down when they upgrade.... that's not too bad (added in with the more players = less money thing)

I don't think this will lower the quality at all... since now new servers will die out if no-one plays them, since the owner won't want to pay for it to stay up... and if they are willing to pay to keep an empty PW up, more power to them
<3

oh, and to MG... if you read what Nem said... he said that even the paid worlds would have to follow the graal rules
=X
so i dunno what you're so worried about...

and server managers can already jail/ban someone for ANY reason they want... since i went on Val... and got jailed just for wearing my (Dragon Knights) tag... since the guild was not 'approved' of
Old 03-21-2003, 05:38 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
and server managers can already jail/ban someone for ANY reason they want... since i went on Val... and got jailed just for wearing my (Dragon Knights) tag... since the guild was not 'approved' of
no they cant either....some servers have different rules, but that doesnt mean they can jail/ban for whatever reason they choose, like if they simply dont like a person....they have to have a valid reason

Quote:
This is clearly a scheme to make more money. Unixmad doesn't care about the quality of the game, he just wants more money.
ok, just how do you propose unixmad gets the money to make the quality of graal even better?
I dont think letting people buy space is a good idea unless there are strict rules, but from what I understand, the rules for the purchased space will be slack compared to the "free" servers...I hope I am wrong
But I do agree that if this is done, it be a hefty price to keep the crap out
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-21-2003, 05:48 PM
Beam me up, Scotty.
MadWolf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MadWolf
I do like this idea, thank god I didn't quit my job. I think I might purchase a years worth of time once this program comes into play. Hmm.. I will create a global spar server. lmao!
Old 03-21-2003, 07:47 PM
VIP runned out
Quote:
Originally posted by Darlene159

no they cant either....some servers have different rules, but that doesnt mean they can jail/ban for whatever reason they choose, like if they simply dont like a person....they have to have a valid reason
yea, and you can change the rules however you want...

I was also banned on Val, because 'ETD' is not a "real" name
=X

i mean, comeon!

anyways, you can BS a reason for banning someone easily, since there are so many loop holes in the rules...

and besides, if no-one plays that server because of bad management, then the owner has to pay more money to keep it up... and i see no problem with it if they want to pay for an empty server
=x
just gives graal more money to work with
Old 03-21-2003, 08:46 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by ETD

0_0
Anyway, when ever I see Valk and its open, I see about 50-70 people so its not empty.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Problem with this is if there is no limit then people will pay money to get there playerworld up. Yet it could suck and draw like no players. And if you got like 30 some playerworlds up, it uses alot of server %usage, and servers will start lagging alot more.

Problem with a limit is you get a limit of say, 10 servers, but them 10 could draw a small amount of players and other playerworlds won't have a chance to get up.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:35 PM
VIP runned out
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910

Anyway, when ever I see Valk and its open, I see about 50-70 people so its not empty.
I never said it was
0.o

and Zell, if graal now has all this new $, thery could afford a new server
=o

i mean, with charging for servers now, the owner is basically paying for that server space... if he waists it, that's his problem, but at least they're giving something back to graal
=0

besides, what's the harm in having so many servers? people might start experimenting with new ideas and such
=D
Old 03-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Can't expect Unixmad to buy new servers anytime soon. hehe
Old 03-21-2003, 11:15 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by HoudiniMan

I don't really see anywhere this is mentioned, but i think the user agreement will still apply globally unless they ammend it and mature content should be outlawed period. You have to be 13 to play, so keep it PG-13 or below. Banning based on personal feelings is thier choice, some people should really be banned even if they are within the parameters of the official "rules" and what not... They have to know if they're going to be jerks they'll be gone.

As for the serverlist, this is my personal opinion. If i'm paying money each month to Graal for my playerworld i want it on the server list. I just had an inspiration. What if rather than hiding the worlds and only people with RC being able to really see them all, why not just make a third tab? We have gold and classic, we could just add a "payed worlds" type tab in the server selection screen. I'd certainly settle for that. For that guy that wanted competition between worlds, the payed worlds could compete for top of their list.

Nem, can you provide a ballpark, off the record estimate for how much they'd want to charge? I saw $20 USD a month up there and multiplied by 12, I would not pay $240 a year for a Graal server... Personally, i would want to keep it at most somewhere under $50 a year... I don't know how greedy they're going to be about this paying for worlds thing... Maybe they could charge you more based on size... I think a world having 10 levels for really lag free sparring (my idea ) shouldn't have to pay as much a month as a server with 5000 levels taking up 500 times the space on the server, not to mention npcs, graphics, etc...
$50 a year is not a reasonable amount considering the extra work, HD space, bandwidth and upkeep management of the Servers for the *******s, taking a guess it will be in $25 to $75 a Month range to make it anywhere profitable for Graal. You can't host any game of any quality on the net for such a menial amount. This remember is not being done for you players convenience of wanting a PW up, it is being done to turn a profit for Graal for salaries, upgrades and future development of Graal. This takes money; nothing is cheap so you guys need to realize it is not being done so the average 16 year old can afford to do this. Also keep in mind you will share in the subscription money if players designate some of his/her upgrade to your server. This will offset your cost of the server and if enough do then even make it cost free for you to run. As I understand it, this will be done as some sort of online bank account, real money doesn’t exchange hands, your account is just credited a certain amount that players want to go to that PW.

note to ETD: Unixmad has 20 servers now, not all are used for Graal.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 03-21-2003, 11:23 PM
Kill Pirates
SingleChance is on a distinguished road
k i didn't read most of this thread but i have 2 questions:

1. Will the servers that are already up on the playerlist have to start paying too? and servers that passed reviews but haven't been put up yet, will they need to pay?

2. Does the player have to donate money or whatever to help pay for the server if they like it or is that just optional?
Closed Thread