Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 06:51 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Exclamation Announcement: Era iPhone

Based on the success of the Classic iPhone application, the Era staff team has decided to undertake the project of creating an iPhone version of Era. This iPhone version will be a fork from the current Era Dev project, and will be using the new systems that we have been working with there.

The goals of this project are:
  • To create an fun, self-supporting arcade-style playerworld based off of Era, where iPhone/iPod Touch users and possibly PC users will be able to enjoy a casual modern-themed Graal server.
  • To motivate the Era development team and speed the process development, especially with graphics. The application will be using a revised tileset which will eventually be brought to main Era with the conclusion of the dev project.
  • To put the Era Dev scripting systems to a test, especially the overhauled item system, to be certain that they won't fall apart when they are released on the Era main server.
  • To bring new players to the main Era server, as well as Graal, by properly advertising and promoting the desktop version of Graal. We expect to be able to get at least 200 players during peak times, based off the recent trends of the Classic iPhone server.

The staff team of the server will be almost all development, with later a competent manager who can oversee the development, and deal with player issues. At this time, the server will be co-managed by Sales (Era manager), Vulcan, and myself (Era development administrator).

The timeframe of this server is between 2 weeks to a month. We wish to develop this very rapidly and release it on the App Store. This means that in the very near future we will be hiring many development staff, especially levelers. We will post more about these positions as they open up.

We are announcing this early because this will place the development project on a temporary hold. We understand that the project has already been delayed many times, and that this is inconvenient for many people, but we believe that the benefits of this project, especially the rapid development of content to be used on both servers, outweigh the delays caused by it.

For those of you who don't want to read:
The Era development team will be working on porting an arcade version of Era to the iPhone platform. We expect this project to take between two weeks to a month of time. We will be hiring many development positions soon, and will post more information about that as the positions open up.

Last edited by cbk1994; 12-23-2009 at 07:10 AM..
Old 12-23-2009, 06:54 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
/clap
I hope this gets released soon... Looking forward to it

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 12-23-2009, 06:55 AM
Banned
LoStSuRfEr1 is on a distinguished road
gjdm <3
Old 12-23-2009, 06:55 AM
Dr. Almost Evil
swift is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool more distractions for you guys to not work on the reset.

/applause
Chris Vimes (Wed Dec 02 22:16:19 2009): id stab you if
i met you irl
Old 12-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post
Cool more distractions for you guys to not work on the reset.

/applause
It may delay it a bit, but progress will still be made on the dev server while this is going on. The tileset is being worked on, and it will give us an opportunity to test the new core systems that have been made (as Chris already stated).

In the end, I think this will be a big help for Era and Graal in general.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Oldbie
death_striker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to death_striker
Lol Hireing?
Old 12-23-2009, 07:17 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
This should be really cool and really fun. The way this is looking is that with the release of Era Iphone everyone will also probably get a small preview of how Era is going to look. I just hope that Era can find a better way to make money other than buying outfits for customization.. I think Era could be a lot more creative on how it brings money to graal. A gun might be a good idea =P (one that's not able to be traded)
Old 12-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
I hope by "arcade version" you mean that you don't need to work for money and that every person you kill automatically gives you $5 or so.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:28 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I hope by "arcade version" you mean that you don't need to work for money and that every person you kill automatically gives you $5 or so.
That's pretty much exactly what we had in mind.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
I support this.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Dark_Zeratul101 is on a distinguished road
I'm indifferent on this, but when I quit I'll still check it out.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:44 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Making me want to make iPhone Zodiac
Old 12-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Vulcan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Making me want to make iPhone Zodiac
You should do it!

If it's any encouragement, I'm sure we'll be releasing a lot of code for the iPhone interfaces we develop. Chris has already started the groundwork for a virtual joystick movement system and some menus that mimic the iPhone's touch scrolling.

Playerword Issues: Support Center
Email: [email protected]

Old 12-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
So not only will it take us another 7 years to actually make the Era server, now people are working on an Era iPhone app?

Excuse me while I die of old age.

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 12-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Can I come on board as a scripter?

I can show you a movement system (Uses WASD and mouse to fire), linear collision system (Make collision maps for levels out of showpolys instead of tiles), and a custom projectile handler. That's all I have in GS2 right now, but I can make something else for example :0

I have a near-infinite supply of cool GS1 scripts, and you saw my thread about some of them so yeah.

Then I can show you some of the work I've done in C++ for a game I've been working on for about a month now.

:>
Closed Thread