Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Everyone is welcome to go check out the misty mug tavern on GK for an example of some of her levels that are on GK at the moment. She has also contributed endless numbers of levels to Unholy Nation when she was LAT Admin there for over a year.
I posted some of her Unholy Nation levels and you said they're outdated?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:32 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Any additions to any global department, should be documented and a reason stated for hiring that person.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:36 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
Any additions to any global department, should be documented and a reason stated for hiring that person.
I believe there should also be a list of all members showing what each individual member can do very well or better.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:36 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
I hope this isn't another Malinko and Artanis thing. =\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
Agreed. Which is why people question the GDT, and how legit it is.

I guess we'll see when she contributes to a project that she's assigned.

Last edited by Sam; 12-06-2009 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: quoted part is deleted
Old 12-06-2009, 12:37 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I posted some of her Unholy Nation levels and you said they're outdated?
They are, those are her house levels made over half a decade ago. She has since contributed a lot of time working on levels for Unholy Nation after she became an LAT Admin.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-06-2009, 12:45 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
They are, those are her house levels made over half a decade ago. She has since contributed a lot of time working on levels for Unholy Nation after she became an LAT Admin.
You know, if you just posted some levels the entire thing wouldn't have been blown out of proportion. The content I have seen from Katie, coupled with nobody knowing who she is, does not put her in a position to carry out any of the roles of a GDT member from where I'm sitting.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
After working on Era, I told Bell no one should be hired as PWA if there girlfriend plays Graal. I was joking when I said it but maybe it should be a real rule
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 12-06-2009, 12:49 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
If they were not qualified for the position, they would not have been added; and if they were added and were not qualified, I think it's pretty clear that they will end up being removed eventually anyways when we ask them to do work and they are unable to complete it properly.

this implies the GDT has put out some work, so on a completely different subject, where can I go to find GDT members' work?

After joining the GDT, of course.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
I am considering resignation from the team; take it as an invitation, or more simply as an observation - but all of this in-fighting is pretty destructive to the sense of a "team". Even more, it's very destructive to image of effectiveness we portray as a team to the Graal Community.

Personally, I'm not very impressed by the development and nature of this situation.

The work which I have seen by Katie has been excellent and I am a very critical person - but I have only seen recent work by her, which I would suspect reflects her abilities. Her abilities, after all, are what is in question. I'm sure my older work would not reflect well upon my current talent.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:38 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I am considering resignation from the team; take it as an invitation, or more simply as an observation - but all of this in-fighting is pretty destructive to the sense of a "team". Even more, it's very destructive to image of effectiveness we portray as a team to the Graal Community.

Personally, I'm not very impressed by the development and nature of this situation.

The work which I have seen by Katie has been excellent and I am a very critical person - but I have only seen recent work by her, which I would suspect reflects her abilities. Her abilities, after all, are what is in question. I'm sure my older work would not reflect well upon my current talent.
What exactly did you do on your time on the team?

I don't want this to offend anyone, but I still don't get what the point of GDT is and haven't seen any contributions other than some of Streetys work.

Can a GDT elaborate on some things that they accomplished because from my standpoint I haven't even seen anything done.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
What exactly did you do on your time on the team?

I don't want this to offend anyone, but I still don't get what the point of GDT is and haven't seen any contributions other than some of Streetys work.

Can a GDT elaborate on some things that they accomplished because from my standpoint I haven't even seen anything done.
I'm afraid I was only recently added before this juvenile in-fighting started. It's not very impressive.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:47 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm afraid I was only recently added before this juvenile in-fighting started. It's not very impressive.
When you were hired were you supposed to do something? Maybe assigned to do something?

I just don't get the responsibilities of the GDT. So can someone explain? I want to know how the GDT is supposed to help me as an Admin on a server.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Vulcan is on a distinguished road
Right now the GDT is nothing more than a glorified think tank and will continue to only be that until Bell puts in place some sort of leadership structure so that jobs can be properly assigned and pushed down the chain of command.

Playerword Issues: Support Center
Email: [email protected]

Old 12-06-2009, 02:16 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
GDT is just to identify quality developers, in my eyes. I remember a few threads months ago that the GDT could work on, but haven't seen any major projects be started. I mean there's the Polling System, and the website revamping being worked on by a select few, but i doubt either of those will be a complete success.

I think i noticed only 3 of the GDT roles being fulfilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Right now the GDT is nothing more than a glorified think tank and will continue to only be that until Bell puts in place some sort of leadership structure so that jobs can be properly assigned and pushed down the chain of command.
This was posted while i was typing everything before this, but that's what i wanted to hear and sort of figured. I hope that's taken care of soon.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:38 AM
|Mêrçy|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Oh, thanks for clearing it up for me. Lets hope that you get it up and functional then Vulcan.