FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:09 AM
N-Pulse Asst. Manager
The_Kez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to The_Kez
N-Pulse Rebirth Assistant

N-Pulse Rebirth

N-Pulse Rebirth is an RPG based server with a massive array of features and gameplay that does not appear in the current N-Pulse. The new N-Pulse will allow for the collection of items and strengthening of the character, though those who enjoy classic sparring and events will still be able to enjoy playing events and sparring with the classic Graal mechanics.
The classic leveling up system is not used and instead we'll be using a system which allows for more customization of the character than in other worlds. The tileset is revamped, and many inter-related jobs are being added.

I'm not releasing specific details yet about the server to anyone but staff on the server, but if you think you have the development knowledge to be staff on Rebirth then this may be your chance to see what we have created, and been long boasting about!

I'm looking for an assistant developer to help me finish the project. You have to be active on Graal so that you can have a reasonable amount of time to help out. I'm looking for someone with at least a decent knowledge of GS2. Right now I'm the only scripter, so the better your scripting knowledge, and the more organized your scripts are, the better it is for me. If you have development skills in additional areas, that's great also. You must also be someone with some level of creativity. I won't just be giving you rights to script with me, and giving you assignments. You may have assignments, but they will be more broad then a normal NAT. You'll be in charge of helping me finish the project, so what you can come up with on your own will be important.

I am only hiring once such assistant, you'll be considered a NAT on N-Pulse. If you think you have some knowledge of GS2, but aren't interested in helping manage the development for Rebirth, you may still be hired as a general NAT and you'll be given regular assignments and more access to do your own scripts as you've worked longer.

If you think you qualify for either of these jobs you can:
- Leave me a reply in this thread.
- PM me in-game (Account: The_Kez)
- Add me on MSN Messenger (preffered! [email protected])
Old 12-01-2008, 03:45 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Good luck on Rebirth, but I fear it will never be released. And if it is, I doubt many will play it. When I worked on it, it didn't really seem like the kind of thing that would appeal greatly to players. Seemed much like a Zodiac clone.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:02 AM
N-Pulse Asst. Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Good luck on Rebirth, but I fear it will never be released. And if it is, I doubt many will play it. When I worked on it, it didn't really seem like the kind of thing that would appeal greatly to players. Seemed much like a Zodiac clone.
Not here to start an arguement with you or anything, but this seems like a random flame comment for a few reasons.

1. You haven't seen Rebirth since Jan or Feb, when you worked on a failed job system. The project has completely transformed and grown since then.
2. You say it wouldn't appeal to players because it doesn't 'seem' like it would to you, without anyone's opinion but your own.
3. You call it a Zodiac clone when the only thing it has in common with Zodiac is that it doesn't use the classic Graal mechanics. In practically every other respect Rebirth is different from Zodiac.

Sorry if your post wasn't intended to randomly degrade our work, but that's how it came off, and so I had to reply. And thanks for the good luck.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:16 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kez View Post
Not here to start an arguement with you or anything, but this seems like a random flame comment for a few reasons.

1. You haven't seen Rebirth since Jan or Feb, when you worked on a failed job system. The project has completely transformed and grown since then.
The job system was not "failed". It was never started, due to a problem with a manager who disliked me from years back (Babylon).
Quote:
2. You say it wouldn't appeal to players because it doesn't 'seem' like it would to you, without anyone's opinion but your own.
That's not correct. I feel it won't appeal to players because it's an RPG server, and, from what I saw, it was almost exactly like Zodiac, minus the other small things such as the ghost mode, cannons for transportation, etc.
Quote:
3. You call it a Zodiac clone when the only thing it has in common with Zodiac is that it doesn't use the classic Graal mechanics. In practically every other respect Rebirth is different from Zodiac.
Have you ever played Zodiac? Unless the Rebirth project has changed dramatically since I last saw it, they are very similar.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:26 AM
N-Pulse Asst. Manager
Quote:
The job system was not "failed". It was never started, due to a problem with a manager who disliked me from years back (Babylon).

That's not correct. I feel it won't appeal to players because it's an RPG server, and, from what I saw, it was almost exactly like Zodiac, minus the other small things such as the ghost mode, cannons for transportation, etc.

Have you ever played Zodiac? Unless the Rebirth project has changed dramatically since I last saw it, they are very similar.
Since it appears you are here for the back and fourth I might as well stick around, I'm not busy.

First of all I'd say hearing criticisms from someone who has some ongoing grudge with the manager of the server doesn't exactly surprise me, but I'll respond either way.

You say you don't think it would appeal to players because it's an RPG server, when very successful RPG style servers such as Maloria and Zodiac stuck around for a pretty long time. Condemning every server which goes for the RPG style instead of classic mechanics I would say is a mistake.

I have played Zodiac, the fact that both servers are RPG does not make it a Zodiac clone. The comparisons are made on gameplay and ideas. The ghost mode is no longer in use, and there are other modes of transportation now.

I always appreciate constructive criticism, but it's difficult to do unless you've seen the server lately.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:32 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I always appreciate constructive criticism, but it's difficult to do unless you've seen the server lately.
It's also difficult to do if no information on the server is being released.

Quote:
I'm not releasing specific details yet about the server to anyone but staff on the server, but if you think you have the development knowledge to be staff on Rebirth then this may be your chance to see what we have created, and been long boasting about!
I have no interest in helping, even if I could, but I would like to know why NP is trying to pull off a Zodiac-style (reluctant to call it an RPG) server instead of just expanding on the classic version.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:39 AM
N-Pulse Asst. Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
It's also difficult to do if no information on the server is being released.

I have no interest in helping, even if I could, but I would like to know why NP is trying to pull off a Zodiac-style (reluctant to call it an RPG) server instead of just expanding on the classic version.
Heh this is what happens on the application forums eh? If it's difficult to do when no server information is being released, then don't critisize, it's that simple. There's no rule that says if there's a server, there has to be someone there to critisize it regardless of whether anything they say has any basis in fact.

We decided we'd do it because we thought we could create an RPG server that has the benefits of all the new features we can create while still maintaining the classic feel of PKing, and the classic sparring and events that people always played N-Pulse for.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:13 AM
the fake one
Quote:
First of all I'd say hearing criticisms from someone who has some ongoing grudge with the manager of the server doesn't exactly surprise me, but I'll respond either way.
I have no ongoing grudge with Chang, nor with Kay. And that would neither affect my criticism, nor change what I saw.
Quote:
You say you don't think it would appeal to players because it's an RPG server, when very successful RPG style servers such as Maloria and Zodiac stuck around for a pretty long time. Condemning every server which goes for the RPG style instead of classic mechanics I would say is a mistake.
This is not why I do not think it will appeal to players.
Quote:
I have played Zodiac, the fact that both servers are RPG does not make it a Zodiac clone. The comparisons are made on gameplay and ideas. The ghost mode is no longer in use, and there are other modes of transportation now.
The fact that it is an RPG server does not make it a clone. From what I saw and read in your document, the basic gameplay would be the same.
Quote:
No one has seen the server lately outside of your little ring of staff members I don't know how you expect criticism to be given, besides blanket criticism based on what we may have seen.

You seem to be drawing a lot out of a nothing; I did not intend to criticize what you were doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994
My original post even wishes you luck, and states that I haven't seen it in a while (not as long as January/February, however).
Old 12-01-2008, 05:35 AM
N-Pulse Asst. Manager
Quote:

No one has seen the server lately outside of your little ring of staff members I don't know how you expect criticism to be given, besides blanket criticism based on what we may have seen.
I'm not interested anymore in arguing with you point for point anymore so I'll just get to the underlying issue that bothered me about your initial point and leave it at that. If you want to reply to this afterward so you can feel you got the last word, be my guest.

The point is, we're not looking for criticism right now. The time for that will be when we have released a closed beta version of the server. Right now what I'm doing is looking for an assistant to help me finish the project, which is why any sort of criticism, especially from people who haven't seen the server in a long time, or at all, is completely irrelevant to the reason I posted this thread to begin with.

Again, if anyone is interested in helping with the project, then I gave instructions for how to contact me. For those of you who would rather critisize the server (whether intentionally or not) with the tiny shreds of information you may or may not have actually heard about the server, feel free to do so amongst yourselves, but I am through now with this conversation.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:48 AM
the fake one
Quote:
I'm not interested anymore in arguing with you point for point anymore so I'll just get to the underlying issue that bothered me about your initial point and leave it at that. If you want to reply to this afterward so you can feel you got the last word, be my guest.

The point is, we're not looking for criticism right now. The time for that will be when we have released a closed beta version of the server. Right now what I'm doing is looking for an assistant to help me finish the project, which is why any sort of criticism, especially from people who haven't seen the server in a long time, or at all, is completely irrelevant to the reason I posted this thread to begin with.

Again, if anyone is interested in helping with the project, then I gave instructions for how to contact me. For those of you who would rather critisize the server (whether intentionally or not) with the tiny shreds of information you may or may not have actually heard about the server, feel free to do so amongst yourselves, but I am through now with this conversation.
I apologize that you originally felt that I was criticizing the Rebirth project, that was not my intention.

In the future, you may want to consider giving basic information on the server in your hiring post. Most people aren't willing to blindly agree to work on a server.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
yea no ones going to bother without some specific information.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Chang
DesolateRestriction will become famous soon enough
Information delivered as requested.

1. A new fictional timeline that spans over 200 thousand years will be introduced that also attempts to tie in some of the other agendas introduced by past managements. The fictional time period of Project Rebirth is set around 500 years after the current server settings in which the land is in a rebirth phase, hence the name "Rebirth."

2.There is a new overworld, which spans over 700 (outside) levels, some levels from the current server have been reused and edited. Also, as Kez said, the tileset has been completely revamped.

3.Yes there are rpg styled weapons such as swords axes, daggers, projectiles, and bows. They are all organized into three categories: Generic, Complex, and Unique. Generic being common, complex being uncommon, and unique being rare. There is also magic, which is another topic.

4. There will be a realistic day-night system and weather system. Some quests will only be available at particular times of the day (or night).

5. There is a main quest storyline that the player can choose to advance in whenever he/she feels the need to.

6.There is also alignment. Your dialogue choices with npcs, along with your choices in quests, will affect this.

7. There is a job system. 8 jobs in total. A player can hold up to 2 jobs at once, and can quit when he/she wants to.

8. There are Mastery Areas. When you complete a quest, or kill a baddy, you will gain "skill point" orbs, which you can then spend in several different mastery areas. Example of Mastery Areas: "Swords" "Polearms" "Axes"
Each spell, item or piece of equipment you encounter will have some type of mastery requirement related to its type. As you develop your mastery rating
in an area the skill ratio also increases. Lets say for Example: For a mastery rating of 0, it would require 2 skill points to raise the rating to 1, then 4 skill points to raise it to 2, and so on. The max rating would be around 300.
There are limitations as to how many mastery ratings you can raise past a certain point. However this allows players to create their own combination or style. There is no central level scale, nor any class restricted system.
The mastery areas you persue will decide your "class" which will decide your stat boosts.

9. We are not using the overplayed stat system of "con" "dex" "str" etc.
We have created our own stat system yet is still technically on the drawing board and its details will not be released on this forum board.

10. Randomly generated chests with loot at the end of certain dungeons or caves or possibly repeatable multiplayer quests will in hope make the thrill of adventuring continuous.

11. Each town has its own history, its own problems, its own identity.

12. Spar zones, events, and the "classic pk" level are all completely preserved in their classical nature. When you enter one of these areas gameplay will shift to classic genre. Think of these areas as side minigames of sorts.
Since all these areas makeup the core of the current server, consider Project Rebirth an expansion rather than a replacement.

There are many other features that I cannot state because I am not sure they will make it into the final product. This is all the information I can give on this forum. If you are hired, you will be given the chance to hear all the plans, details, and features still being concept designed. There is also the "Chronicles of N-Pulse" which is a collection of 7 chapters detailing the fictional timeline of N-Pulse and the world beyond it that Project Rebirth will introduce. By reading all 7 chapters as they are released you'll gain a better understanding of the setting of the new server content before it is actually released. If you wish to read it simply send me a forum PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
See was that so bad ?

Sounds like -if- you guys make it, it will be pretty cool and chances are, better then zodiac.

anyway good luck.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:00 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Sounds interesting. Good luck with it
Old 12-01-2008, 02:11 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
We decided we'd do it because we thought we could create an RPG server that has the benefits of all the new features we can create while still maintaining the classic feel of PKing, and the classic sparring and events that people always played N-Pulse for.

Like Delteria's been doing.