Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Global Scripting Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 07:08 AM
Freelance Coder
Kyranki is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kyranki Send a message via MSN to Kyranki
Quite Interesting

Well, this is something new. It's quite interesting (to say the least) that there is actually a way to be able to assist Graal with global staffing (finally). I assume that Graal is indeed in dire need of global staff to make operations go smoother and I am happy to see that unixmad/Stefan etc. are showing interest in doing just that.

Since seeing this, I was wondering will there be any guidelines posted which must be followed in order to apply? I don't plan on applying myself to such a thing but it seems as if this forum is just a little empty for something so important. So I assume eventually Skyld or Stefan will throw something up here for everyone to follow if they wish to apply to be a member of the GST.

Anywho, I was just posting some concerns and was curious is all.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:18 AM
BP
Bp852912 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bp852912 Send a message via MSN to Bp852912 Send a message via Yahoo to Bp852912
You probably just have to e-mail them some info about yourself and sample work. Thats what it usually is, all the time.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:54 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
When a position opens up, then chances are that guidelines/application will be stickied here. For now, I think it's safe to assume that the GST is not currently hiring.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Stefan has always said that the GST is always looking for talented new members, so if you wanna apply - post your application. Impress then.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-13-2008, 02:36 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Stefan has always said that the GST is always looking for talented new members, so if you wanna apply - post your application. Impress then.
Well, for example.. What should I put in the application? GST is different from for example a FAQ job on GK
(where you just apply name, account, time player, hours etc.).
GST is different, so, what is Skyld/Stefan looking for?

What you know about GS2? How long you've scripted? List past server experiences? Must I supply with scripts in the application? How long I've played Graal?

I have no idea what to put in the application though..
Old 01-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
Well, for example.. What should I put in the application? GST is different from for example a FAQ job on GK
(where you just apply name, account, time player, hours etc.).
GST is different, so, what is Skyld/Stefan looking for?

What you know about GS2? How long you've scripted? List past server experiences? Must I supply with scripts in the application? How long I've played Graal?

I have no idea what to put in the application though..
Quite often when I consider new GST members (which I silently do regularly), it is not what goes in the application.

As much as anything, it's the community input we can see. Does the candidate post useful responses and/or code samples on the forums? Does the candidate update and add new information to the wiki? What is the candidate's overall reputation in terms of helping people, solving problems?

An ideal Global Scripting Team candidate stands out from the crowd without necessarily needing an application. An application as much as anything would be a way for us to almost shortlist, and details would be posted if and when the need is there.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:01 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Quite often when I consider new GST members (which I silently do regularly), it is not what goes in the application.

As much as anything, it's the community input we can see. Does the candidate post useful responses and/or code samples on the forums? Does the candidate update and add new information to the wiki? What is the candidate's overall reputation in terms of helping people, solving problems?

An ideal Global Scripting Team candidate stands out from the crowd without necessarily needing an application. An application as much as anything would be a way for us to almost shortlist, and details would be posted if and when the need is there.
Hmm, ok
Old 01-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Daniel
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
If I wouldn't be working for Graal already, I'd apply for GST . It's always been some job I wanted.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Freelance Coder
Kyranki is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kyranki Send a message via MSN to Kyranki
Moo, I don't know. There are quite a few candidates who don't always receive much recognition for their contributions/who are very good contributors but not the best scripter/have other more redeeming talents who need to be put up for consideration I think.

Dusty/Chompy etc.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:47 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyranki View Post
Moo, I don't know. There are quite a few candidates who don't always receive much recognition for their contributions/who are very good contributors but not the best scripter/have other more redeeming talents who need to be put up for consideration I think.

Dusty/Chompy etc.
I disagree, to a certain extent, though I've only seen good things from Chompy, Ziro and Napo.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Bowie's Deciple
Kristi has a spectacular aura aboutKristi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kristi Send a message via MSN to Kristi
Psh to applications. I just look at their current work and make sure they aren't jerks to other people (which rules out 90% of the people that post in the scripting forum \m/)
Old 01-15-2008, 12:16 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Woo for jerks! *trips Kristi into a mud puddle*
Old 01-15-2008, 03:10 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
CheeToS is the best GST, he had time to help me with what most find to be too simple to even bother explaining or showing, and he scripted something for Classic for no gain at all, which we all appreciate. Twinny has a similar nature to that too actually.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:58 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
The only reason I would want to be GST is for a global RC. While I do enjoy helping others most of the time (ego++) I like doing what I want when I want.

So if you ever have a free global RC to hand out I'll be there for you.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:03 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
The only reason I would want to be GST is for a global RC. While I do enjoy helping others most of the time (ego++) I like doing what I want when I want.

So if you ever have a free global RC to hand out I'll be there for you.
With that said and done, not likely.
xD
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.