Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 04:26 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Questions

Hey, I just want a straight answer to these.
1)Why must we have a different movement/hit detection?
2)Why are we keeping levels that look new, not classic?
3)Why don't globals check out the server to see whats going on with it?
4)Can we have these guild gates removed?

Oh and we need a new Manager :/ Storm either you need to step up and do something already, or you could just continue being inactive and useless....
Old 01-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
1) Normal movement / hit detection won't work anymore. Or at least, you can't trust it for things like arrows on a gmap, etc. - in which case you can't really use it. (I suppose a True Minimalist would claim you could just script a system to hitplayer based off the direction of the projectile...)
2) Inevitability. In a perfect world they'd make a Classic that was a straight translation before Improving it, but LATers are inheritly impatient - that's why we edit the levels in the first place - so we tend to Improve and Innovate before it even gets posted.
3) What Globals?
4) That's a request, not a question. The answer to the question is of course, the answer to the request might be No you may not.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 01-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
1) Normal movement / hit detection won't work anymore. Or at least, you can't trust it for things like arrows on a gmap, etc. - in which case you can't really use it. (I suppose a True Minimalist would claim you could just script a system to hitplayer based off the direction of the projectile...)
2) Inevitability. In a perfect world they'd make a Classic that was a straight translation before Improving it, but LATers are inheritly impatient - that's why we edit the levels in the first place - so we tend to Improve and Innovate before it even gets posted.
3) What Globals?
4) That's a request, not a question. The answer to the question is of course, the answer to the request might be No you may not.
Okay thanks for answering
Old 01-04-2007, 07:59 PM
►Point Man◄
Terazel Tenjin is on a distinguished road
Looks like Tyhm should still be in charge of this circus.

Hey, you know, speaking of projectiles, my bow NPCW has been "broke" since mid-last year, I think I was amongst the first to encounter the problem, and then quite a few others followed suit.

As for guild gates, hell, we should just remove it all. The "system" is obviously a monumental failure. Turn it back into open areas. I would say scrap the levels that go with it too, but US for one has a nice set-up last I checked their area.

Fearless Leader of the Squirtle Squad Initiative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Once again I flipflopped
Old 01-04-2007, 08:21 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terazel Tenjin View Post
Looks like Tyhm should still be in charge of this circus.
I guess we'll have to bribe him to come back. I wonder if he'll accept crackers and cheese? It is all I have.

Quote:
Hey, you know, speaking of projectiles, my bow NPCW has been "broke" since mid-last year, I think I was amongst the first to encounter the problem, and then quite a few others followed suit.
Yeah, my bow randomly decides it'll hurt someone (including myself). If you fire a projectile around another NPC, you can hurt yourself (this includes throwing objects, I believe they use a similiar system).

Quote:
As for guild gates, hell, we should just remove it all. The "system" is obviously a monumental failure. Turn it back into open areas. I would say scrap the levels that go with it too, but US for one has a nice set-up last I checked their area.
Yeah, the idea had potential, but it didn't turn out right. Maybe if Massokre finished the alliance system it could have been salvaged, or if he listened to the people originally behind the project.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
The NBK guildhouse will be improved eventually.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Banned
p2p_Sir_Link is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild Gates were supposed to be my last monument to Classic, I haet u all
Old 01-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2p_Sir_Link View Post
They were my idea...
Old 01-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Banned
p2p_Sir_Link is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
They were my idea...
LIAR
Old 01-05-2007, 06:45 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2p_Sir_Link View Post
those were good times on classic, heh
Old 01-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
those were good times on classic, heh
NOPE
Old 01-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Still better than Peen Lake.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233