Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Valikorlia Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Dragonosteel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
lol is Val ever going to change?

Player goes on Val. Player has a little bit of fun that isn't disruptive towards RPing whatsoever. Rogue GP jails them. No staff respond. Except for LoneAngelIIbesu but he's not a GP.........

LoneAngel should be Manager.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonosteel View Post
Player goes on Val. Player has a little bit of fun that isn't disruptive towards RPing whatsoever. Rogue GP jails them. No staff respond. Except for LoneAngelIIbesu but he's not a GP.........

LoneAngel should be Manager.
If your having issues with the staff there and the admins/manager isn't listening, make a support ticket at support.graalonline.com and they usually do a good job checking it out.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:10 PM
It's not that big of a deal to complain to globals about it. I was just wondering if they're ever going to change their attitude towards players..
Old 08-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Former Manager of Val
WarriorCam will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to WarriorCam
Sorry if staff/players were rude to you, but we do have rules regarding roleplaying and being out of character and they are clearly stated when you login and enter via the tutorial level. Follow them and you should be all right.

By the way, just thought you should know, even "LoneAngelIbesu" was advocating disconnecting you due to your behavior and refusal to listen to the rules.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Don't you ever agree that Val's GPs are way too strict? I've had friends run around Valikorlia to try the server out and they were impressed with the ganis and other things Val had. GPs jailed them, because they were just running around having fun. Were they disrupting anything? Nope. Did the GPs respond? Nope.

I understand that Valikorlia is a strict roleplaying server, but randomly jailing people because they're having fun is going way too far.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Former Manager of Val
It's usually because people are complaining. If people are complaining that players are being disruptive, GPs must act accordingly. Even if you don't think your behavior is disruptive doesn't mean others won't find it disruptive.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Former Manager of Val
By the way, I agree with the sentiment.

I understand the attitude on both sides.

To new players, Valikorlians are a bunch of stuck up nerds who are rude to new people.

To Valikorlians, new players are usually trolls who only login to harass people and make fun of roleplaying, so try to understand the attitude that has developed on their part, as it is only a response to immature players who login from other servers in order to deliberately make fun of Val.

Here's a copy of a mass I just sent out, and I am serious about this. Trolls will still be dealt with. New players who can't abide by our rules after a plethora of warnings will still be dealt with. Hopefully, though, we can become more accomodating to new players.

"I am going to be instituting new rules regarding the treatment of fellow players, mainly those who are new to the server ("newbs")

or who don't come here often. I honestly cannot believe it is even necessary to do this, as I am typically pretty lax and

generally an advocate of free speech and opposed to rules designed to "protect people's feelings" but the fact of the matter is,

there are players that are giving the server a bad image, and preventing new, legitimate players who are interested in the server from playing.

This isn't something I want to do, but I am doing it nonetheless. Players who are rude to new players, or who report them to

GP/staff for little to no reason, or who deride them or tell them to leave because they do not understand the concept of

roleplaying, will be punished.

Again, I find it very disappointing that such a rule is even necessary, as I would expect a server with a reputation for being

"intelligent" would be more mature, friendly, and open to new players, but it would appear that it is necessary."
Old 08-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Well hopefully that fixes some of Val's problems then. I'm not sure how well your mass addresses the issue of players getting jailed on the spot and having little to no staff respond to them, though.

I can't blame Valikorlia for easily labeling unfamiliar players trolls because I know the server is a target for people who are bored. For that I'm not sure if staff tend to ignore people because they don't care (most likely not the case) or that they're too impressionable now (most likely the case). It just seems as though they easily outcast people :o
Old 08-23-2009, 03:54 AM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Personally I am making an effort to be part of Val's community, and I can tell you that not all of them are elitists. I have met some very nice RPA's and other staff members and player. Val expects people to follow a certain code. However; they don't make this code very clear.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 08-23-2009, 04:16 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I've been OOC and never wear an OOC tag or use OOC tags around my text for 6 years and have never had a problem. It just depends on who you are, what you do, and how you do it. It also depends on which douchebag is flexing his powers on you, I've had tards warp me to random gmaps just for standing around innocently chating away with friends.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:56 AM
perfection
Oni has a spectacular aura about
Vals pretty sick when u got a dedicated leader liek Omake helpin u. You can have alotta fun. But it really sux when omake logs.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:50 AM
Rusty Bedsprings
Rice2k will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rice2k Send a message via MSN to Rice2k
If a player wants to run around to check out a server that is no reason to jail them. maybe warn them first about the rules. i say 3 warnings then your out for 30mins.

Also staff should not be on RC if they are AFK. Also the whole point of having staff is to help players not to be a jerk or to just ignore them like trash. It should not be any special privileges either for people that are popular or if you just know them. Staff has a job and they should do it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOd View Post
did anyone else see "Cubical killed rice2k with lightning (spar)" flooding the right side of the screen yesterday? You killed the poor guy like 5 times a second

Last edited by Rice2k; 10-28-2009 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: forgot to comment on staff
Old 01-11-2010, 08:26 AM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
Val... makes me sad..., such a beautiful server gone to waste... 20 player's tops on Good days? I can honestly say I miss the good ol' Val days :{ It's not fun RPing with the same people every day =[
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 01-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimsonSky View Post
Val... makes me sad..., such a beautiful server gone to waste... 20 player's tops on Good days? I can honestly say I miss the good ol' Val days :{ It's not fun RPing with the same people every day =[
This this this this ^!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Currently on UN :>
Nomad_P2P will become famous soon enough
People from Other servers talking smack about val doesn't help the playercount rise, but then Players on Val picking on newbies doesn't really help either.

Val has alot of things in the works, even if theres a huge time gap in between updates. It's getting there c: Just wait like we do (it's players)