Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 01:55 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Xazier: Hiring

Xazier: Hiring

Xazier is a new Classic Server with a, well, FUN, fell to it. The server is being designed to be lively and active, with several cool events, several cool weapons, and several cool towns. In my opinion, that is the basis of what every good server should be, and Xazier includes each of those things.

But is that enough to make a server succeed? Of course not, and that's why there's much more coming to Xazier!

-Legions: Join a legion, and fight for your city. Legions will be player owned, not staff owned (or "server owned"), which means there will be a lot of player interaction in store for you. Examples: Diplomacy with other legions, including trade and peace/war, a full fledged war system, including various NPC baddies that you can purchase for your legion, a city building system, and more.

-Markets: Maybe you don't want to fight in a legion? You can live a peacful life in the market, producing and selling things to your player customers. But beware, you may not be safe if a legion decides to come after you!

-Questing: This is not the z word, this is Xazier. There won't exacly be a huge central storyline, because we decided that it wouldn't go well with the other points of the server. Through your travels around Xazier, you will come across some NPCs who have "problems", and embark you on some "side quests". Sometimes, however, you will need to go on quests to obtain certain skills or items for either your enjoyment or to assist in your tasks around the world. A quest book may be implemented, if we decide that one is needed.

This is just a glimpse of some of the things Xazier has to offer. Other things will be kept secret for the time being, mind you.

To host some of the events that have been completed, we have a small Events Team. To help some of the new players, we've put together an, also small, Player Relations Team. If you are dying to be a part of one of those staff teams, please visit the server and contact the Player Relations Admin or Events Team Admin who can tell you if new members are being hired. Developers are obviously our main concern, so here's what we need:

-1-2 Levels Staff
-2-3 Scripting Staff
-2-3 Graphics Staff
-1-2 Sound Staff
-1-2 Storywriters

Note: You can apply for more than one position and you can do work for two areas of development, if that is your wish.

To apply for being hired as a developer, you will need to contact either me or Astram using the methods found below. In your application, you will need to include the following:

-Account and Community Name
-What you want to apply for
-Examples of work
-Credentials
-Where you currently work (time you can put into this job)

Send applications to

[email protected] (Astram)

OR

[email protected] (Me)

OR

MattKanGraal (AIM, Me)

I'm eager to here from you. If you have any questions, load 'em up and blast them into this thread.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Ez
Fogell is on a distinguished road
Forums are a place to share your ideas with a community guys. :/ stop swearing at other people.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Personally I don't like the idea of another sandbox server for we already have such a server already but good luck I guess?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Personally I don't like the idea of another sandbox server for we already have such a server already but good luck I guess?
With a gmap I made ages ago. Fun stuff.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
Lol, Xazier GMAP was messed up so bad that Chaotic kinda ditched it and gave to Astram :/
Old 01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogell View Post
Lol, Xazier GMAP was messed up so bad that Chaotic kinda ditched it and gave to Astram :/
The original one was, I fixed up the one that MattKan is currently using.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Ez
Lol regret, what is the URL/whatever it is to but the "Xplayer is offline"
Old 01-19-2011, 10:34 PM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogell View Post
Lol regret, what is the URL/whatever it is to but the "Xplayer is offline"
Dunno, I forgots. Ask Deas, he knows.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:03 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Regret, you in no way fixed up the gmap we are currently using, and for you to pretend that you did is complete rubbish. I don't know if you are trying to make yourself seem superior to servers like these, or what, but I suggest you stop and 1) realize you are not some old, wise player (as we understand), 2) get hired on a noob server and try to actually develop skills.

The Gmap was from the old Xazier, and it was a huge mess. (It was made by various noobs, some of which, including myself, are more experienced and working on the server, while some of which, such as Regret, are simply going to troll around the hiring thread complaining about the server.) We've created an entirely new gmap with much better levels, though it includes some of the buildings from the old gmap. I like to think that we're have better quality than the other new servers out there, and some of our recent development has proven that.

I think that those of us working on the project are learning a lot more about development than we would if we were working in some of these other new servers, and maybe someday we'll get bigger jobs on bigger servers, but for now this is lots of fun, productive practicing. And if anyone would like to mess around on a server with us, bearing in mind that there is a small playercount to enjoy things you create, then I encourage you to apply. If you are (an oldbie?), and expect development to be top notch, then this server is not for you.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:15 AM
Bwaze is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
rubbish.

I always laugh at that word

anyways all i have seen on there are events.. i think you guys are heading in the wrong direction starting with those i hope someone is working on the gmap.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:36 AM
the KattMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaze View Post

anyways all i have seen on there are events.. i think you guys are heading in the wrong direction starting with those i hope someone is working on the gmap.
Ahem, sorry for not being so obvious in my last post.

THE NEW GMAP IS BEING WORKED ON.

that should clear up further questions
Quote:
Old 01-20-2011, 04:03 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
inglip summoned
Old 01-23-2011, 01:59 AM
Fuzzoodles
iFuzzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
Actually, no. That was my GMAP that I made ever since I started Leveling. It's pretty fun to run on though.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:00 AM
Fuzzoodles
iFuzzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaze View Post

Iv'e seen worse in yours then Matt's.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:37 AM
the KattMan
I was fired from this server due to expressing my belief that the owner was doing no work and treating me poorly.

And now today, someone else has apparently destroyed the server. Naturally, I am to blame since Astram fired me yesterday. The proof? There is none. The defense? My RC and all staff tools were removed prior to the incident. May I suggest that nobody apply to work here.........
Quote: