Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 08:00 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
If you take it out of context, perhaps.

However, you do do a lot of work on GK, and if you stopped then GK would have little/no development.
It's not really a matter of taking it out of context. Lets say (this is not true) I do not want to continue my work on GK any more, that is in no way your decision. Besides, I never plan to completely stop my work on GK. I really don't think a PWA job would take up 100 percent of my time.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 05-10-2008, 08:11 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
It's not really a matter of taking it out of context. Lets say (this is not true) I do not want to continue my work on GK any more, that is in no way your decision. Besides, I never plan to completely stop my work on GK. I really don't think a PWA job would take up 100 percent of my time.
I apologize; I had recalled you not wanting to be PWA anyway ... for some reason I didn't remember that you applied

My bad
Old 05-10-2008, 08:34 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
I didn't remember that you applied

My bad
It's quite alright

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 05-10-2008, 10:06 PM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Although I notice not one person has added me on AIM nor emailed me, hell they haven't even forum pm'd me which would have also been fine.

Just proves that when there is animosity between people on this board, instead of sorting anything, they prefer to let it simmer until someone lashes out towards them.

Ah well :P

Old 05-11-2008, 01:38 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Why do we need to email you or add you to AIM?
Old 05-11-2008, 02:36 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Your first impression of me? Why Inverness, you knew me four years ago, and you had no qualms about sucking up to me when I was on the Global Scripting Team. Why don't you remind everyone of that? Let me guess, you don't remember ^_^
I was wondering why you were so familiar. But I certainly don't remember the sucking up part, so I'm going to assume you're flattering yourself.
Quote:
My thread, merely threatens change, and you're unwilling to accept that there are other ways to do things.
Stop assuming things, of course there are other ways to do things, but Graal already has its own way that people are familiar with and that doesn't need to change just because you want it to. If GraalScript is to change it should be done full-scale not with small things one at a time.

I would welcome change in the form of GS3 which would eliminate compatibilities with older scripts and be fully object-oriented (no global functions/vars). It should be just like C#.
Quote:
Does this thread matter? I suppose probably not in the end; I tend to find that becoming global has always been about who you are friends with, and who you know, and the second you choose not to be friends with someone at the top, is the second you are thrown out.
I wouldn't want to be a global, because then I couldn't be a lazy person and I'd actually have to do what someone tells me to.
Quote:
Although I see that the two people objecting to my becoming a PWA are Scripters, and both people who may feel threatened by my return.
No, not threatened at all.

Anyhow, I take back what I said before. You have experience being on the global staff team so I think you'd make an OK addition to the PWA. As long as you stay away from Valikorlia's NPC-Server that is.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:08 AM
The secret of NIMH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Anyhow, I take back what I said before. You have experience being on the global staff team so I think you'd make an OK addition to the PWA. As long as you stay away from Valikorlia's NPC-Server that is.
I have heard of the horrors contained within Valikorlia's NPC Server but had assumed they were merely myths!

Old 05-11-2008, 03:47 AM
Incubator
Quote:
I have heard of the horrors contained within Valikorlia's NPC Server but had assumed they were merely myths!
That was from before I got there.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:48 AM
the fake one
Quote:
That was from before I got there.
I was once asked to fix a script on some random UC server.

They had trouble figuring out why this wouldn't work:

PHP Code:
if (weapon is fired){
shootbullets at players));

Was Valikorlia anything like that? Or not quite that bad?
Old 05-11-2008, 03:52 AM
Incubator
Quote:
Was Valikorlia anything like that? Or not quite that bad?
Valikorlia actually worked, but so can a 2000 character script thats all on one line.

Basically all the scripts on Val were horribly formatted and took time and effort to understand. There were also many scripts in levels and such that only worked because GScript overlooked many errors and made allowances that should not have been allowed.

That all changed when we released New Valikorlia which isn't finished btw.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:35 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
I'm not going to be so forthrightly attacked by you, or by Ziro.

If either of you two have a problem, my AIM is [email protected] and it's also my email. If you're not brave enough to IM me, then hit me up an email. You obviously have something against me.
Well considering you say you two referring specifically to Ziro and Inverness, I would assume that after the way you treated them they probably would not want to AIM or e-mail you. Or were you saying that all objections should be AIM or emailed or forum PM'ed to you? Sorry if I am misinterpreting what you meant by reading your post.

I don't see why you would not want to have the objections placed in this thread so that you can prove your abilities to defuse situations. If you can not deal with these objections in the open for everyone to see your abilities, then surely you can not deal with the harsh criticism you would receive if you were a PWA. I have a problem with you but I am not one of the two people you addressed. I am also not a scripter so I believe that proves your latter point incorrect.

Quote:
Although I notice not one person has added me on AIM nor emailed me, hell they haven't even forum pm'd me which would have also been fine.

Just proves that when there is animosity between people on this board, instead of sorting anything, they prefer to let it simmer until someone lashes out towards them.

Ah well :P
Old 05-11-2008, 05:57 AM
Incubator
No need for me or Ziro to derail this thread with arguments if the conflict can be solved over AIM or E-Mail.

But I don't really have a problem with Robin.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:13 AM
The secret of NIMH
To be honest I think the mudslinging is not confined to me, or this thread. Reading posts lately has been like an agonizing exercise in fail x-x

Old 05-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
But I don't really have a problem with Robin.
Nor do I, as stated.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 05-11-2008, 04:48 PM
the fake one
I suggest you AIM Robin, he is much nicer on AIM (we are friends now )

I think this is because no one wears pants when browsing the forums, so when you're on AIM (and wearing pants) naturally you are more comfortable talking to people?

Robin is nice though, I suggest you AIM him and deal with your problems. He helped me jailbreak my iPhone (which I could have done; he more or less convinced me to)