Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 07:22 PM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabru View Post
I think a fair amount of the staff from Bravo during MD's management period would really disagree with you about Houdini. I digress, he's not the reason we're in this thread.

Robin for PWA!
I was there.

The horror! The horror!

Old 05-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
I wouldn't support you for PWA, simply because the addeventlistener() thread is my first impression of you and that impression is not very good since you don't seem to understand the simple concept of consistency in code and seem to be only focused on yourself and what you want.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:13 AM
The secret of NIMH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I wouldn't support you for PWA, simply because the addeventlistener() thread is my first impression of you
Your first impression of me? Why Inverness, you knew me four years ago, and you had no qualms about sucking up to me when I was on the Global Scripting Team. Why don't you remind everyone of that? Let me guess, you don't remember ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
and that impression is not very good since you don't seem to understand the simple concept of consistency in code and seem to be only focused on yourself and what you want.
Why, how is consistency in code a simple concept to understand? Perhaps to us scripters, but not to anyone else.

I'm not only focused on what I want, although obviously it's something I am focused on.

On code consistency, I believe in the consistency in all scripting languages, and of all scripting languages. Making Graal more compatible will make more scripters want to develop and play Graal. You don't seem to understand that closing off the scripting language will just make it an elitist niche, allowing only the bravest to come and try it out.

My thread, merely threatens change, and you're unwilling to accept that there are other ways to do things. Refer to that thread if you want to see more of my idea, if not, stop talking about it.

Does this thread matter? I suppose probably not in the end; I tend to find that becoming global has always been about who you are friends with, and who you know, and the second you choose not to be friends with someone at the top, is the second you are thrown out.

Although I see that the two people objecting to my becoming a PWA are Scripters, and both people who may feel threatened by my return. Why? I don't know. I'm not trying to threaten anyone, and I'm not even trying to become GST again, although I have already proved to myself how able I am at scripting, even though I was scared I would not be able to master it again what with GScript2 being completely new to me, and yet I have managed to create some very good scripts in a very short time.

I honestly believe Tig has more of a shot at being a PWA than I am, even with his past, so coming onto this thread and trying to act the tough guy you know you aren't and trying to hurt my feelings? Impossible.

I have a lot of patience, and this was definitely not so four or so years ago, a lot has changed. I have changed. I'm not going to be so forthrightly attacked by you, or by Ziro.

If either of you two have a problem, my AIM is [email protected] and it's also my email. If you're not brave enough to IM me, then hit me up an email. You obviously have something against me.

If you don't, and you truly believe I am incapable of understanding a simple concept such as you suggest, then have fun in your imaginary world. It's great, it revolves around you, and you can take what people say, and completely ignore it. I find that if people don't like what I'm saying, that's what they do, so please continue, because good lord, I would never try and stop someone from living their life, the way they choose.

I have focus, and I have drive, and I am at least willing to help, and often go out of my way to do so, so tell me, am I not fit to do the duties of the PWA?

Tell me why.

Last edited by Robin; 05-10-2008 at 02:33 AM..
Old 05-10-2008, 02:46 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Although I see that the two people objecting to my becoming a PWA are Scripters, and both people who may feel threatened by my return.
Why would I feel threatened by you, or anyone else, when all I do is work on my own playerworld with no other desire (besides joining the PWA team)? I was merely posting my opinion about you, which is why the hirings are made public, not bashing you.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 05-10-2008, 02:48 AM
The secret of NIMH
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Why would I feel threatened by you, or anyone else, when all I do is work on my own playerworld with no other desire (besides joining the PWA team)? I was merely posting my opinion about you, which is why the hirings are made public, not bashing you.
Then fair enough

Old 05-10-2008, 03:05 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I don't support Robin for this position, having seen how he handles himself, and others, in certain situations, such as this and the feud with xXziroXx.

In perspective: If I had a problem on a server, I'd prefer help from another PWA, should Robin rock up on my servers proverbial doorstep, so as to avoid the obvoiusly unavoidable conflict one can get into with him.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 05-10-2008, 03:14 AM
The secret of NIMH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
I don't support Robin for this position, having seen how he handles himself, and others, in certain situations, such as this and the feud with xXziroXx.

In perspective: If I had a problem on a server, I'd prefer help from another PWA, should Robin rock up on my servers proverbial doorstep, so as to avoid the obvoiusly unavoidable conflict one can get into with him.
Next scripter to not back me?

Old 05-10-2008, 03:50 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
I'm an elitist in that I use Mac OS X *gets ready for the bad rep torrent*, but I'm also not one since I use Parallels to virtualize Windows XP often.
And people tell me that it's people like me who give Macs a bad name
Quote:
Probably because you are always getting into fights with scripters, putting people down for what they cannot control, and insisting that we should stop what we are doing and rewrite all our code so that it complies with your ECMAScript standards.

I agree, you seem only to care about what Robin wants with scripting.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I'm not a scripter. My opinion comes from observing your posts, and how you've handled yourself and others when push came to shove, and this is how I saw your approach toward those issues. I'm not sure where this would have gone had I have said that I was a scripter, but something tells me (going by what I've seen) it would not have been a happy dance in the park.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 05-10-2008, 07:29 AM
The secret of NIMH
Quote:
I'm not a scripter. My opinion comes from observing your posts, and how you've handled yourself and others when push came to shove, and this is how I saw your approach toward those issues. I'm not sure where this would have gone had I have said that I was a scripter, but something tells me (going by what I've seen) it would not have been a happy dance in the park.
You misjudge me sir

Old 05-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
I hope this isn't just me...
It sounds like you are applying to be a GST not a PWA.
It's not just you. This app makes me think he would just be another GST except with a PWA tag instead. That's just my impression.

Quote:
I don't support Robin for this position, having seen how he handles himself, and others, in certain situations, such as this and the feud with xXziroXx..
I agree. I don't like the way you have handled the criticism in this thread. And that is a huge flaw in my opinion as I am quite sure PWA are criticized all the time.
Zting Ğarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 05-10-2008, 01:56 PM
The secret of NIMH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18 View Post
It's not just you. This app makes me think he would just be another GST except with a PWA tag instead. That's just my impression.
I'm not asking to be GST, In my opinion the GST are fine how they are, with maybe the addition of one or two individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18 View Post
I agree. I don't like the way you have handled the criticism in this thread. And that is a huge flaw in my opinion as I am quite sure PWA are criticized all the time.
I have handled criticism with cynicism and sarcasm. When it looks like I don't care, it probably means I don't. When someone says something plainly wrong, and ignorant, they can expect an answer.

However, I'm trying to go for change within the community, and to try and be helpful and if I need to change the way I go about things, then we'll see. I'll try to be less sarcastic

Old 05-10-2008, 02:52 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Tig is too busy with GK, all development would most likely stop if he became GST. Twinny I think once said he didn't want to be GST, I don't recall.

Anyway, a PWA doesn't pick the GST anyway ....

You have handled the criticism in this thread horrible in my opinion, which obviously mirrors other's opinions.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:38 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Tig is too busy
I really don't think that's your place to say.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 05-10-2008, 06:46 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I really don't think that's your place to say.
If you take it out of context, perhaps.

However, you do do a lot of work on GK, and if you stopped then GK would have little/no development.