Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Assistant
dabblercody is on a distinguished road
Application: Dabbler

1) Introduce yourself. Who are you? What do you do? Where are you known? Why do you play Graal?

Well First off, My name is Cody. Im 17 years old and live in Florida/Jacksonville. I often like to program in C++. I have a lot of computer knowledge. I like to play Graal because when i started I got addicted to it. So when I got addicted to it I started to love it even more! I learned how to make levels and script them. But the main reason why I just like to play Graal is every peron that plays graal has their own opportunity to be apart of some staff. My job is I program in a Database for this personal business of these people.

2) Experience with "online-only" staff teams, including playerworld work here on Graal.

I have online experience with "online-only" staff development because I work for a Beta Game still in beta called Spellcasters. Yeah most people think wow a GM! But no it's a lot of hard work and so much responsibility. But for the Online Staff Ive worked for many Servers As LAT some NAT some of the servers are Zodiac as an LAT and some playerworlds as an NAT

3) Assuming you have piqued our interest with your qualifications, what makes you stand out as an applicant?

I stand out as an applicant because of my knowledge of computers and games. If you don't know anything (like my parents) you would absolutely be lost you would freak out not knowing what do to as a playerworld administrator.

4) What is your education level? Are you employed? What amount of time can you dedicate to Graal-related duties each day?

My education is I'd say probably on a scale from 1 to 10 it would probably be 9. I do good in school. I want to be a Computer Programmer such as getting a job and programming applications that would be very useful in their process. And on the other hand I want to help out with Graal. The amount of time I usually spend on Graal is quite a bit. In 1 week I would be on Graal atleast minimum of 5 out of 7 days a week. I'm employed as a Application Designer I make Databases in C++ for a personal business.

5) What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?

To be honest I think your system into accepting playerworlds is great. No need to change it. But possibly upgrading more ideas in future references.

6) Show us some examples of your good judgement in certain situations.

One time I had a new years party at school. But that day I was crammed with homework and even my job. So what I did was went home studyed for a couple hours very hard. Later went to my job. I just didn't go to the party even though my buddies would be there. Whats more important party or getting a good job one day and being successful.

"Our work is the presentation of our capabilities."
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang Von
Old 03-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
I was thinking this as I was reading James' application too; choosing to study/work when its important instead of going to a party seems more like common sense than good judgement in an unusual situation to me, and common sense is something that has obviously become less common.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:29 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabblercody View Post
To be honest I think your system into accepting playerworlds is great. No need to change it. But possibly upgrading more ideas in future references.
If there is nothing to change, then how can you help us as a PWA? We don't need people to go around and check playerworlds for hosted, to check for stolen content, etc. Anyone can do that, that's easy. We need people who can make a difference in Graal.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Tech Assistant
dabblercody is on a distinguished road
Yes

I do agree with you. But being a PWA does not always have to know what to change before hand. Someone could be hired and make a major difference by what they bring not what they want to bring.

"Our work is the presentation of our capabilities."
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang Von
Old 03-24-2008, 11:50 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I was thinking this as I was reading James' application too; choosing to study/work when its important instead of going to a party seems more like common sense than good judgement in an unusual situation to me, and common sense is something that has obviously become less common.
Don't confuse good judgment and common sense, as they are two different things. I'd like to remind you that everyone has to make choices in life, and I believe people have different levels of common sense. You can sense that it'd be a bad idea, but if you really wanted to go out and party, you'd be using your good judgment not to.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 03-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Don't confuse good judgment and common sense, as they are two different things. I'd like to remind you that everyone has to make choices in life, and I believe people have different levels of common sense. You can sense that it'd be a bad idea, but if you really wanted to go out and party, you'd be using your good judgment not to.
Party vs. Study for Test(or similar) is too common a situation I think, everybody with a bit of intelligence knows what the right choice to make would be.

I hope people have better examples of their own good judgment than that.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:04 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Party vs. Study for Test(or similar) is too common a situation I think, everybody with a bit of intelligence knows what the right choice to make would be.

I hope people have better examples of their own good judgment than that.
He said make it short and to the point, so I did. I could have brought up plenty of examples, but they would have required too much explaining.

Regardless of it being common or similar it's still a choice of good judgment, whether it's a poor example or not, those were the two that were easiest to explain.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 03-25-2008, 02:25 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
He said make it short and to the point, so I did. I could have brought up plenty of examples, but they would have required too much explaining.

Regardless of it being common or similar it's still a choice of good judgment, whether it's a poor example or not, those were the two that were easiest to explain.
We don't want a lot of bad examples, we want one or two good ones, not one or two crappy ones.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:43 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
We don't want a lot of bad examples, we want one or two good ones, not one or two crappy ones.
Thanks for the insight.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 03-25-2008, 03:02 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Thanks for the insight.
No problem, always happy to help!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:24 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Party vs. Study for Test
Depends on how important the test is or who is at the party.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:27 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Depends on how important the test is or who is at the party.