Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Hello, it's me.
Aimee is on a distinguished road
Smile Application: Aimee

Introduction
Simple, and straight to the point. I'm Aimee, I mostly interact on Unholy Nation and Zodiac. However, I always find the time to visit other servers to interact with their players and get a taste of how other servers operate and commit themselves to Graal. My main server would have to be Zodiac. I am very commited to online communities such as Graal, and would like to make it a professional career in the future. I have learnt a lot from player GraalOnline in the last previous years.
I love meeting new, different and unique people and Graal is a great way of doing this as everyone is unique in their own way shape and form.

I have previously taken upon the position as GP on Unholy Nation, however I am no longer a GP on Unholy Nation. I am currently a GP on Zodiac and it has been a great experience working on both of these great servers.

Previous Experience

Unholy Nation

Graal Police (GP) - Assisting, interacting, controlling and monitoring players.

Temporary Events Team (Events Team) - Entertaining and interacting with players.

Graphics Team (GAT) - Improving the graphics around the forum.

Zodiac
Graal Police (GP) - Assisting, interacting, controlling and monitoring players.

Habbo Hotel
Moderator - This position is similar to a GP. Dealing with players.

Hobba - This position is also similar to a GP. Dealing with players.

Other Servers..

Rudora
Endora
Enigma
Metropolis

Why choose me?

I am a very unique person, who comes as a full package, batteries included! Due to my previous experience, I feel that I have the talent and abilities to fulfill a position of this nature. I have dealt with many players with many different problems - So this position would be very natural to me as i've been in positions similar to this previously.

I interact with a lot of players. I am a very relaxed and chilled individual who is always ready for a challenge. I thrive to complete my challenges and take upon new challenges.

Five words that would describe me would be:
Honest, Hard-Working, Loyal, Friendly, Positive.

I have various skills and qualities that will be very beneficial for GraalOnline if a position of this nature was taken upon by myself.

As far as I know, there is currently no PWA located in the same time zone as myself, or in the United Kingdom. I feel that it would be a bonus to have different timezone PWAs recruited as there would be some sort of around the clock service and assistance for players, rather than having them wait for a reply to their tickets and problems.

Education, Work, Dedication
I am no longer in education - I am currently employeed, however my hours are flexible as I am Team Leader for a bank here in the United Kingdom. I would be able to dedicate the majority of my spare time to Graal, as I currently do already. I currently work Monday to Friday, 9AM to 5PM, however some days I finish earlier than my contracted hours.

I currently have two qualifications that are highly recognised here in the United Kingdom, these are RSA Level 1 and Level 2. I am currently under going my RSA Level 3. This is in word processing and editting.

What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?
I feel that there are a lot of young players who participate in the day-to-day playing of GraalOnline. These young players are forever seeing unacceptable language and actions from the older generation of players and this is unacceptable.

A system should be put in to place to ensure that younger players are immune from seeing content which they should not see, such as mentioned before, unacceptable language. Racism is a big issue as far as i'm concerned on quite a number of servers, and younger players learn from others and this can become a habit.

I feel that players should have the ability to enable a swearing filter in-game, this swearing filter would change the swear words to appear as asterics '****'.

Players letting others borrow items is a big issue also - and should be made clear that if players let other players borrow an item, they do so at they're own risk. This can cause quite a lot of hassle, however I feel that it is in our best interests to ensure that players are made aware of such things.

Show us some examples of your good judgement in certain situations.
As mentioned before - I have a lot of experience to be proud of. Judgement is a big issue when being a staff member, as judgement is what you think is the best solution to the problem and I always use my judgement to help solve problems.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or visit me on Zodiac.

Thanks.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:15 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
'ACCEPTE
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Wow, you come with batteries? Not often does that occur. Where do they get inserted?

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 03-07-2008 at 10:30 PM..
Old 03-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Hello, it's me.
Bwahaha! Wouldn't you like to know?! Haha. I'm a full package ;]

Old 03-07-2008, 10:36 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Aimee4PWA
She's shown she's worthy
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Hello, it's me.
Ha, Switch. You've always made me smile. Thanks for the thumbs up!

Old 03-07-2008, 10:51 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
Ha, Switch. You've always made me smile. Thanks for the thumbs up!
Yea but seriously I didn't even have to look at the app for that, I just posted xD After looking at the app I wanna say "Aimee4PWAx5"
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I can't say I know Aimee, but, this application is given an Approved sticker by me!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 03-08-2008, 06:29 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Hmm, I can't say I agree on your ideas of 'immunity to harsh enviroments', mainly because it's impossible and annoying to try to do so. I do think if it's ever reported, then it should be dealt with... but I don't think we need a 'system' to do the work, IE a censorship thing. You can't censor people, I find it annoying when people try to censor because it just leads to others avoiding the censor and odd problems with normal words being censored. This is the internet, you're never going to be able to censor people, and harsh environments aren't exactly rare.

Though... if it is done on the clientside and people can enable it themselves and not actually censor the person when they talk, this may discourage avoiding the filter since you're not actually censoring the person. I doubt it though, because the stuff you really want to censor will be slurred at others... and people will purposely avoid the filter just so they know the other person can see it.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Hello, it's me.
Personally I think that if it was done clientside, it wouldn't be such a problem. If people are excessive swearing, they are reported anyway, so if they avoid the censor then they're going to be reported anyway aswell.

Those who are swearing at another player would not be able to identify if the player who they are swearing at has the censor on, therefore it wouldn't be a problem I don't think.

But I can see your point, and fully understand where you are coming from. I really appreciate your view.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Banned
Banditz is an unknown quantity at this point
Aimee for PWA, she seems like a really nice person and can deal with people well.
Good luck.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Hello, it's me.
Banditz! Thanks for the thumbs up - Very much appreciated. I do try my best at all times. Thanks once again

Old 03-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
I hope you get it Aimee. You sould like you know what your doing.

About the swearing thing. I can agree to a point (example: you lock someone on zone they spend the next 20 minutes swearing at you etc) but people generally should have freedom to express themself. However, the racism thing needs to stop.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Hello, it's me.
I'd like to think that I know what i'm doing I do try!

Yeah, Racism is very excessive everywhere, it really does annoy me to see so much racism going on - Hence why I brought up this solution. It's the type of solution where there are advantages and disadvantages to it.

But thanks for the thumbs up, Raven!

Old 03-09-2008, 05:05 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
Yeah, Racism is very excessive everywhere, it really does annoy me to see so much racism going on - Hence why I brought up this solution. It's the type of solution where there are advantages and disadvantages to it.
I don't think racism is as big of a deal that you're making it. It doesn't seem like it's something that should be focused on, however; I have worked with you several times before and you're a good GP. You have the experience in a GP aspect to be a good playerworld administrator. I do support Aimee for PWA.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”