Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 08:27 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Application: Clockwork

Introduce yourself. Who are you? What do you do? Where are you known? Why do you play Graal?

Hi, I'm known as Aeko in Graal, mostly Zone, and various unhosted servers such as Symphonia, and Utopia. I mostly create graphics, but possesses the ability to lat, gani, and sfx when needed on those servers.

Experience with "online-only" staff teams, including playerworld work here on Graal.

I have worked with many staff teams! Within Graal itself, I have worked for:
  • Zodiac
  • Symphonia
  • Utopia
  • Endora
  • Many Dev servers, and several short term jobs at places such as Ol' West.

While also, outside of Graal I have been a Gamemaster for games such as Rose Online, and Ragnarok Online. I have owned my own private servers of a few online games and have before owned servers with a steady player count of around 100. Before all this though, I was an avid MUD player and admin. Mostly into building them, and coding them before I got into Graal.

Assuming you have piqued our interest with your qualifications, what makes you stand out as an applicant?

The qualities that would make me stand out as an applicant is my being a pacifist, I do not get into arguments, or get angered easily. I try to apply myself at anything I'm being given the chance to, and generally make friends with anyone I meet.

While I did review other applications that have been turned in, and they all listed that they have a unique timezone, I believe my timezone would allow me to see and help the most players as I live in EST timezone.

What is your education level? Are you employed? What amount of time can you dedicate to Graal-related duties each day?

I am currently a 12th grade senior in high school. By the time this application will likely be pooled in with the others though, I will be a high school graduate, and be working towards a bachelor's degree in Japanese and English, with my TESOL.

I am not employed, but plan to get a job by mid-July. On the weekends, I can usually dedicate 5-6 hours daily to Graal. On the weekdays I spend a little less, with around 3-4 hours a day.

What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?

One of the first things I could recognize for changing would be regarding trials and having advantages over paid accounts. For awhile now, the line between trial and paid accounts have been blurred with recent updates.

The policies themselves need to be more readily available and easier to find, while currently a copy of them is not even available in the forum rules and documentation thread (Despite the title of 'Forum'), and a search in Graal.net for 'policy' or 'policies' ends up with no matches.

Show us some examples of your good judgment in certain situations.

In the past I have saved playerworlds like utopia by conversing with Pwa's and respecting their decisions as I removed stolen content. While also on the same server, days later, I had been asked to edit stolen graphics. I have since quit utopia...

One last example was to fire people who had abused on the first offense. Once I had fired a man who I later found out was running an anti-graal website with many server files posted on it.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
One last example was to fire people who had abused on the first offense. Once I had fired a man who I later found out was running an anti-graal website with many server files posted on it.
Those examples are logical, not realy something that is a unique perk of you...
I mean...Dude!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:53 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Those examples are logical, not realy something that is a unique perk of you...
I mean...Dude!
Did it ask for unique examples? :P And anyways... I can't think of any. I really am bad at writing about myself. And anyways, why write about unique examples that most likely won't come up again?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:05 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I vote against you.

Great person, I don't think you would make a very good PWA.

As the former Co-Manager/Co-Owner of Utopia, Aeko quit, according to him, because he was sick of the staff (not because of stolen content!)

Also, Aeko makes great graphics, and I think that his talents at developing are much stronger than his talents at managing, and he would do best to continue developing.

Chris Zakuto
Former Co-Owner/Scripter of Utopia
Former Scripter for Vesporia
Freelance Developer
Old 03-04-2008, 11:09 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
This was while you weren't on utopia chris :P
And how can you judge my talents at managing when you haven't even seen me manage. Especially since the facts are that I've managed people before I've ever even developed with graphics.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:26 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This was while you weren't on utopia chris :P
And how can you judge my talents at managing when you haven't even seen me manage. Especially since the facts are that I've managed people before I've ever even developed with graphics.
If it's when I wasn't on Utopia ... okay ...

I've seen you managing your GFX team before, did a decent job, but nothing extraordinary. I have not seen you take any true managing positions however.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:39 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
I had been a manager on symphonia. Though now we run on a different staff basis which has no managers.

And the only place you have seen me manage is utopia, which while I was on, you wouldn't trust me with barely any rights... Thus I could do nothing more for them than tell them what needed doing. Even after asking you for more rights to help them, you turned me down.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:43 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Take it to PMs please?
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:44 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
I Did.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:15 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Take it to PMs please?
Why?

I am saying that I do not believe he would do well as PWA.

I believe that we are allowed to, no?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:38 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?

One of the first things I could recognize for changing would be regarding trials and having advantages over paid accounts. For awhile now, the line between trial and paid accounts have been blurred with recent updates.

The policies themselves need to be more readily available and easier to find, while currently a copy of them is not even available in the forum rules and documentation thread (Despite the title of 'Forum'), and a search in Graal.net for 'policy' or 'policies' ends up with no matches.
I don't think the differences between trial and paid accounts are included in playerworld policies as such. Seems to be an issue to be examined higher up.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:40 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
I thought I remembed it being in there...I checked and It's in playerworld rules x.x;
Old 03-05-2008, 12:49 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
I thought I remembed it being in there...I checked and It's in playerworld rules x.x;
There is a, "don't save data for trials" addition but that's there so you don't get your butt kicked by PWAs/Management since trials were to have absolutely nothing back then. Unixmad and Stefan completely changed that concept at the beginning of v5. To define what trials shouldn't have compared to paying players may be stepping on management toes. It's in their business plan: not pwas
Old 03-05-2008, 12:57 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
It asked what policies should be changed and I picked that one. If nothing else, then it should still be changed on where I read it.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:00 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Why?

I am saying that I do not believe he would do well as PWA.

I believe that we are allowed to, no?
Yes, but you guys made it into a conversation between yourselves.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.