Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
All I'm saying is, is that Stefan never finishes what he starts. (Graal2001/Graal2002)

If Stefan was still behind the wheel of both of those, I would assume the player counts on both of those servers would still be very high. I'm not trying to bash Stefan, I just wish he'd stick with something for once.
When would you say it is finished? Not trying to defend against you not bashing, just curious. In both cases he left it in the hands of players who were the most convicted to keeping them going. I don't see where Graal would benefit by having him tied up dealing with hat trades and train scripts.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:45 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan View Post
I don't see where Graal would benefit by having him tied up dealing with hat trades and train scripts.
It wouldn't, however it would benefit more if he actually got people to work on this. He's got like one scripter on GK, and then Bjorn who does nothing.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
If a Classic server is not hiring you will not prevent anyone from making a similar playerworld.
If a Hosted server extremely similar to a Classic server rises up to or beyond the level of its Classic counterpart it will become a Classic server.

I'm quite certain that policy of yours will never happen.

Yes it is a good idea to go for existing Classic list playerworlds before going to an Under Construction playerworld or making your own, but I doubt that works 85% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
We get the best of both companies.
And we can also get whats called a monopoly.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:35 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
If a Classic server is not hiring you will not prevent anyone from making a similar playerworld.
If a Hosted server extremely similar to a Classic server rises up to or beyond the level of its Classic counterpart it will become a Classic server.

I'm quite certain that policy of yours will never happen.

Yes it is a good idea to go for existing Classic list playerworlds before going to an Under Construction playerworld or making your own, but I doubt that works 85 percent of the time.
I know you can not prevent people from making similar worlds. They look at Era and think to themselves, "Wow, that servers tileset is easy to make and look how many people it has. It sure wouldn't be hard for me to get a gun script either!"

I said I'd like to deter people away from recreating what we already have, unless they are ready to go up and beyond the quality of a current world. If they want to bring something new to the table that's similar to Era, has better graphics then Era, has better game play then Era, so be it. I'm just sick of people setting the standard of their playerworld from another playerworld. They need to raise the bar.

Quote:
When would you say it is finished? Not trying to defend against you not bashing, just curious. In both cases he left it in the hands of players who were the most convicted to keeping them going. I don't see where Graal would benefit by having him tied up dealing with hat trades and train scripts.
The "never finishes what he starts" was more of a play on words. You know that online games are never finished. I'm simply saying there should be much more content available on GK then there currently is. Stefan is a very valuable asset to Kingdoms and he should never let his projects be put in the hands of other people unless they are really going to add useful additions. What is a useful addition? I don't know because I haven't seen one yet for GK.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea either. I support Stefan and I love what he does for the game, but I can't stand it when he leaves his projects.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 03-24-2008, 10:58 AM
So what does Stefan bring to the table, specifically, that helps so much?

Old 03-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Daniel
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
I like how James is able to answer all the stupid questions HoudiniMan is asking. Also his application looks quite nice to me.

++
Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
when he leaves his projects.
Cough3Dcough....
Old 03-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Daniel
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Cough3Dcough....
3D should not have priority since it's a project on longer terms. It won't bring in any money if that'd be his main focus.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Incubator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I like how James is able to answer all the stupid questions HoudiniMan is asking. Also his application looks quite nice to me.

++
I hope you don't plan to apply for PWA anytime soon, I believe you lack the mentality for the job if thats your opinion of Houdini's questions. You probably also lack the mentality to judge his application.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:46 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
So what does Stefan bring to the table, specifically, that helps so much?
He's unlike any other person that runs a game. In most online games there are multiple teams that deal with their departments.

Stefan deals with client scripting, in-game scripting, bugs, unique player problems, serverside playerworld problems, and a lot of other things we probably aren't even aware of. For just one guy to do all of that, that takes a lot of work. He even will take the time to implement new scripting commands/functions for the scripters if it's a useful addition.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 03-25-2008, 01:03 AM
Incubator
I always thought Stefan needed more help coding, but hes probably possessive of his stuff like I am.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

++
These "stupid questions" are directly inspired by his claims where he is assigning objective values to things such as when a playerworld is "finished" or Stefan having a specific ability not seen in any of his successors.

If we can find out these specific qualities and find somebody who has them, it would promote the success of the world Stefan is leaving. If he is generalizing and really doesn't know which qualities make the difference, that reflects on his judgement as an applicant.

You can write your own questions when you are Playerworld Admin.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:18 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
You can write your own questions when you are Playerworld Admin.
Owned in the first class ...
Old 05-24-2008, 02:34 AM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Accounts Administrator - There was some dispute between me and contego over the job, and I left so contego could take over. contego deserved the job more at the time then I did. That is when we formed a new team called Account Reset Team, and I lead that a long with Lamer and IceHawk for a few months. If I remember correctly, that team, was then useless when the PWA was formed, so it was disbanded.

GO Game Master - I only held this position for a few months, as when NightLord left they decided to remove me from the position as well. I didn't seem to care at the time.

RO Game Master - Urashima, a former member of this community, had a private server called pillows, and he decided to stop hosting the server (it had about 100-130 players online on average). It was very professional.

I'd like to also mention I was Police Chief of Graal2001 and FAQ Chief when it was popular, so I've had quite a bit of experience with dealing with people. My current job in real life also deals with customer service.
I'm a little late, however I'd like to rebuttle and say that we didn't really have a dispute because my issue I had was that the automatic account creator and password changer was not functioning at the time. Therefore there was a vast amount of e-mail's pooring in over 100 e-mails a day. This required us to reply to each one and await a responce for them to answer security questions to insure the the person requesting was infact the owner, all of this has to be done daily. You were inactive for over a month which left me with all the work. Also there were server issues which required the use of our lvl 5 RC and no one with the lvl 5 RC was ever active, ever. So having said that, our "dispute" was that I was frusterated with doing all the work and when I confronted you weeks later you were offended and stepped down.

And just to note when Nightlord hired me from SL as Accounts Admin, you were the Assistant Accounts Admin at the time. I believe I replaced Mr. Bear and you were offended I stepped over you and if you recall correctly I requested they make you Admin and I your assistant. Anyway it was agreed upon until you left. Shortly after I promoted SnakeEyes and James205 as Assistant Account Admins. Soon after I was promoted to GM to work closely with unixmad and thereafter is history.

I left because unfortunately Stefan didn't support most decisions made my the global staff and it caused too much miscommunication between staff member's on server's which is why I decided to retire. Management should have open communications and willing to listen, more commonly known as an open door policy. In addition, Stefan and unixmad showed very little appreication for people who dedicated their volunteer time to help support Graal.

I have a degree in Management Studies and I'm a Branch Manager of a bank, so I can confidently say that Graal has a very poor management structure. And management shows very little support to their volunteer employees. Not to mention there's little incentive to work for Graal, or none that is highlighted.

On the flip side, Graal has had an improvement in the global staff hired. And there's little tolerance for those who abuse their rights.

Stefan and unixmad play key roles in the development and growth in Graal. As noted before by someone, Stefan is moreso development and updates and Unixmad works more with billing issues. They have little time to support staff and they lack the knowledge, experience, and patience to do so.

This is certainly not a bash against Stefan or unixmad because I have much respect for their accomplishments with Graal and how far they've come but they need some fine tuning and polishing. No one is perfect, but they are no where near it when it comes to managing staff and keeping open communications.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:47 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by contego View Post
I'm a little late, however I'd like to rebuttle and say that we didn't really have a dispute because my issue I had was that the automatic account creator and password changer was not functioning at the time. Therefore there was a vast amount of e-mail's pooring in over 100 e-mails a day. This required us to reply to each one and await a responce for them to answer security questions to insure the the person requesting was infact the owner, all of this has to be done daily. You were inactive for over a month which left me with all the work. Also there were server issues which required the use of our lvl 5 RC and no one with the lvl 5 RC was ever active, ever. So having said that, our "dispute" was that I was frusterated with doing all the work and when I confronted you weeks later you were offended and stepped down.

And just to note when Nightlord hired me from SL as Accounts Admin, you were the Assistant Accounts Admin at the time. I believe I replaced Mr. Bear and you were offended I stepped over you and if you recall correctly I requested they make you Admin and I your assistant. Anyway it was agreed upon until you left. Shortly after I promoted SnakeEyes and James205 as Assistant Account Admins. Soon after I was promoted to GM to work closely with unixmad and thereafter is history.

I left because unfortunately Stefan didn't support most decisions made my the global staff and it caused too much miscommunication between staff member's on server's which is why I decided to retire. Management should have open communications and willing to listen, more commonly known as an open door policy. In addition, Stefan and unixmad showed very little appreication for people who dedicated their volunteer time to help support Graal.

I have a degree in Management Studies and I'm a Branch Manager of a bank, so I can confidently say that Graal has a very poor management structure. And management shows very little support to their volunteer employees. Not to mention there's little incentive to work for Graal, or none that is highlighted.

On the flip side, Graal has had an improvement in the global staff hired. And there's little tolerance for those who abuse their rights.

Stefan and unixmad play key roles in the development and growth in Graal. As noted before by someone, Stefan is moreso development and updates and Unixmad works more with billing issues. They have little time to support staff and they lack the knowledge, experience, and patience to do so.

This is certainly not a bash against Stefan or unixmad because I have much respect for their accomplishments with Graal and how far they've come but they need some fine tuning and polishing. No one is perfect, but they are no where near it when it comes to managing staff and keeping open communications.
I'm sorry if I failed to mention any specifics, it was quite a long time ago, and I don't exactly remember everything that had occurred.

I will actually take the time now and withdraw my application because I don't believe I'm fit for the job, and there are several applicants that I know would be willing to make this job their first priority in life, as old as I am I have too many responsibilities to take this position with a full head of steam.

I didn't know you were still active contego, it's nice to see that you're around still.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers