Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Making a game "free" also doesn't magically increase the player count, it needs to attract more players first. We will see if we can do something once v6 is finished.
there wouldn't be anything magical about it - people who quit graal because they had to pay for it will come back in flocks. i wouldn't be surprised to see a literal 300-player population increase to what is currently active if the game was made free, and that doesn't include people telling people about it, or the ease of advertising that would then come with it - telling people the game is now free would have them trying it out (probably again) simply because it's free. i won't say that we'd have thousands of new players instantly or anything, but there would be a significant increase in activity in general

although if the games free and players are met with servers of atrius-quality, they might just quit (again)
Old 11-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
A lot of people act like they're experts around here.

I'm (clearly) no advocate of Graal, Cyberjoueurs, or Eurocenter obviously, but I'd like to see any single self proclaimed expert here make a game, and let it last 10+ years.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:27 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
I'm (clearly) no advocate of Graal, Cyberjoueurs, or Eurocenter obviously, but I'd like to see any single self proclaimed expert here make a game, and let it last 10+ years.
So because we can't program and lack the finances to start such a game 10 years ago we're not allowed to voice our possibly valid opinions?
Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:

yea because the community of people who played the game didn't contribute to graal's long lifetime at all, not even a little bit. we shouldn't listen to them at all, you're so right!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Wow, haha.. ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Valid opinions?

It's all the same old crap I keep reading.

People who think they know how to make Graal "a success", people who know how to market it, advertise it, and suddenly make it into something which it never will be.

Don't waste your time, upper management isn't listening to the same old stories that come from players fingers. Whatever they do is whatever they do, so stay on the sinking ship and ride it out, or jump onto something else.

You're asking, no wait, you're TELLING an owner of a game to turn around and make the game suddenly free again. If I were selling something, whether it was making me huge amounts of money or not, I would turn around and tell them to go **** themselves for asking me such a thing. Haven't you noticed every thread gets closed because of the sudden experts?

Hiro, I'm not talking about this game staying alive (barely) because of community development, I'm talking from a business stand point. You didn't help the business, so don't give advice on how the business should be run.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:36 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Valid opinions?

It's all the same old crap I keep reading.

People who think they know how to make Graal "a success", people who know how to market it, advertise it, and suddenly make it into something which it never will be.

Don't waste your time, upper management isn't listening to the same old stories that come from players fingers. Whatever they do is whatever they do, so stay on the sinking ship and ride it out, or jump onto something else.

You're asking, no wait, you're TELLING an owner of a game to turn around and make the game suddenly free again. If I were selling something, whether it was making me huge amounts of money or not, I would turn around and tell them to go **** themselves for asking me such a thing. Haven't you noticed every thread gets closed because of the sudden experts?

Hiro, I'm not talking about this game staying alive (barely) because of community development, I'm talking from a business stand point. You didn't help the business, so don't give advice on how the business should be run.
i agree that a lot of what has been said is common and repeated, but i won't admit that it is exhausted. this isn't a sinking ship, the sink has long since been sunk - we're on the lifeboat trying to figure out which way to sail to be saved. whether from a business standpoint of monetary gains and losses, or a community one of comradeship and player-created content, the people speaking out and suggesting alternatives are the ones who have stuck around long enough and have been persistent and passionate (make it sound so very epic lol) enough to have very valid opinions about the direction the game should take. they ARE the game at this point

the problem does not lye with us pointing out our opinions - your post would indicate that we should be quite because none of it will reach actuality, all we suggest is potentiality - and we seem to repeat these potentials because they won't ever reach actuality. fine, that's a good and valid point, but where is that going to take us? your negative viewpoint of "graal being dead already" doesn't help things at all - we should just all stop posting forever because nothing will happen - the people who fought for civil rights should have just stopped because the government just wasn't going to change, and wasn't going to listen to their repeated statements of advocacy for their civil rights

eventually something will happen, because you can only hear the same words so many times before you get frustrated and take one of two actions: accept, or destroy. when someone tells you that you're a thief, and he keeps telling you you are a thief, you can either accept his judgment (negative or positively or indifferently) or destroy it (kill the person, restraining orders, avoidance, moving away, etc.). with the amount of people all saying pretty much the same thing, they'll either accept and assimilated what we've been saying this entire time, or they'll destroy the option entirely. what we control is what we say about things and what we suggest would be most compelling. the rest is up to those who don't seem to indicate that they have been listening
Old 11-06-2009, 05:51 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I like Hiro's new avatar
Old 11-06-2009, 06:06 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I like Hiro's new avatar
thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 12:48 PM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
I freakin' hate how the characters look on Atrius... so stupid looking lmao...
Old 11-06-2009, 07:40 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
I freakin' hate how the characters look on Atrius... so stupid looking lmao...

i am really impressed with the mining on water.

very good feature.

A++++++++!!

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 11-07-2009, 08:16 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Photoshopped tiles ftw?
Old 11-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
Photoshopped tiles error ftw?
fixed
Old 11-07-2009, 09:17 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
fixed
o
sorry, I must've typo'd