Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 08:56 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by Darlene159
If Npulse has nothing to offer, shut it down,,,plain and simple..it doesnt matter anyway because there are no staff.
I tell you what, we will just let people cuss, and talk about sex...no big deal right?
So when are the rules going to reflect the allowing of such things?
I go by the rules because people have to agree to them when they sign up. Unixmad told me once that there was a 0 tolerance rule against sexual content, and that he was totally against it, now he posts that he sees nothing wrong with it in private? omg, they have chat rooms for that crap. I wont be made to look like a fool anymore because I am trying to adhere to unixmad's wishes, then they get changed on a whim.
Rules are going to be allowed to be broken in order to bring in players, and money....it is all about the money now.
So fine and dandy.
And ETD, you are going to be another PW manager that allows whatever is needed to bring in the players, good for you...I am sure Unixmad and stefan will love you for it.
Konidias, you are right, Npulse is dead (except when we get 50 to 60 players once or twice a week)....not because it is a really bad PW, but because we have no staff, and the people who play there like to sit and talk alot...dont pretend that you know what is going on from going on there once or twice.
Yes, I am mad...I am tired of busting my ass just for people to trash me for following rules so thoroughly, and I am tired of people trashing npulse about not having or doing this or that, but noone wants to contribute anything except their complaints, and I am tired of rules written being changed at a whim, but the typed ones never change, and makes us few that follow the rules look foolish....I guess the people were right who said the rules are put there to protect the owners ass, and for no other reason.
This is what the players see, so there you go
I think my wife has pretty well summed it up for me so I really don't have anything to add to it. It is Fathers day and I will spend the rest of the day trying to enjoy it and not getting upset by what has just been revealed here by Unixmad and what appears to be a change on rules yet not the written rules. So be it; it is your Game Unixmad and your right to do it.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 06-15-2003, 08:59 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by unixmad
I reply to all Email message but not all ICQ.

For all other details about Player World hosting i will explain more later.
Well it’s better than nothing. My only real complaint is that some globals have instant real-time communication with those who can aid their job, and we do not. And it seems we have to look over the whole PW community to some extent, yet we do not have real-time communication. I asked Stefan:

Quote:
You (11/06/2003 15:35:49):

Also there is a BIG communication break between the PWA and you, no contact =/
---
Opposite (11/06/2003 15:39:02):
most admins can contact me on the debug server though
Dont get mad as I am not trying to make you be so, as last time someone complained about communication you replied what else do they want, you home phone, well no I dont, but if we wish to contact Stefan we seem to have to pass messages along a chain of people, and sometimes we only want Stefan or you to see such things... x_X

And I did email you a few days ago, but heres one part that needs doing:

Quote:
one being Cynical needs to be on player list again
Old 06-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Sir Pickles at one time
superb is on a distinguished road
UNIXMAD, what is going to hapeen to GRAAL 2000?!?!?!

-Pickles
Old 06-15-2003, 09:31 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by superb
UNIXMAD, what is going to hapeen to GRAAL 2000?!?!?!
lol, nothing!
Although its hogging resources, I say get rid of it, then one more can enjoy the free hosting...
Old 06-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Sir Pickles at one time
superb is on a distinguished road
HOGGING RESOURCES? Are you insane? We are a much more active server than MANY that are on the list.

-Pickles
Old 06-15-2003, 09:55 PM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
lol. I guess I need to get in gear again, huh? Trouble is, I'm still lacking a lot of what I need yet. I still don't have a working damage control NPC script(s) for damage between players. I've tried before and the NPC server seems to hate me doing triggeraction with params in it each time back and forth.
If I had something like that working then I could easily put everything else into place such as exp gain and leveling.

I've also tried to find people to assist with levels, but I fail to find anyone that can at least copy what I do. That's really all I need is someone that is quick to learn a person's particular method and go from there and be able to work from given instructions without much complaining.

Still need a person that is skilled in making character sprites. I deem it an essential part considering that I want custom animations for magic and attack skills and for using weapons.
Old 06-15-2003, 09:56 PM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
Originally posted by superb
HOGGING RESOURCES? Are you insane? We are a much more active server than MANY that are on the list.
UN had 173 when this was taken
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by CheeToS2

UN had 173 when this was taken
Exactly, you are above 3 MAX sometimes that I have seen...
Old 06-15-2003, 10:16 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And ETD, you are going to be another PW manager that allows whatever is needed to bring in the players, good for you...I am sure Unixmad and stefan will love you for it.
I am not worried about finding players... as long as i have a quality world, with quality staff, and a good community, i am sure we will have a nice playercount
=)
you seem to have forgotten the 7 months of GP service i did on n-pulse... people thought i was a good, and fair GP, because i know when, and when not to be strict...

if 2 friends are just having fun, and they mean no harm, then why ban them? such as this conversation... who was being harmed here? all involved was fine with it, and it was a private conversation... i'd understand if it was in masses, and people had a problem with it, but we weren't bothering anyone
=)
i understand the warning... but for MG to bring it up like 3 days later, and for you to say you'd ban my guild for that was just too much
0.o'
there's a difference between being fair, and being corrupt.
Old 06-15-2003, 10:19 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
ETD, I'm not going to reply because it has no place in this thread anyway...and it doesnt matter anymore
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-15-2003, 10:26 PM
Forbidden
Quote:
Originally posted by ETD

I am not worried about finding players... as long as i have a quality world, with quality staff, and a good community, i am sure we will have a nice playercount
=)
you seem to have forgotten the 7 months of GP service i did on n-pulse... people thought i was a good, and fair GP, because i know when, and when not to be strict...

if 2 friends are just having fun, and they mean no harm, then why ban them? such as this conversation... who was being harmed here? all involved was fine with it, and it was a private conversation... i'd understand if it was in masses, and people had a problem with it, but we weren't bothering anyone
=)
i understand the warning... but for MG to bring it up like 3 days later, and for you to say you'd ban my guild for that was just too much
0.o'
there's a difference between being fair, and being corrupt.
A quality world is not an instant or a given. Just because you may have fancy graphics does not automattcially make it quality. You still have to work for it. Having sparkly graphics yet a lack-luster world is not quality. Obviously, you're not going to please everyone. Personally, I focus on what I want not what players want. If such a philosophy works for Miyamoto then it certainly can work for me
Old 06-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
You (11/06/2003 15:35:49):

Also there is a BIG communication break between the PWA and you, no contact =/
---
Opposite (11/06/2003 15:39:02):
most admins can contact me on the debug server though
I believe this problem would be resolved if we could get a global right-less RC for communication only. I've been severely hindered in doing my job since my IP range was set to not allow local RCs (for global warpto). What used to take 20 minutes now takes 3 hours, and over 3 hours people come and go from the server and lines of communication get broken. If we had the RC we could get onto debug when we needed to contact stefan and not have to worry about who is online that we can ask to do it for us.

Old 06-15-2003, 10:36 PM
VIP runned out
Quote:
ETD, I'm not going to reply because it has no place in this thread anyway...and it doesnt matter anymore
isn't this a reply? 0.o' and if it has no place here, then why did you bring this up? (well, MG brought up the guild messaging issue first...)
Quote:
Originally posted by G_yoshi
A quality world is not an instant or a given. Just because you may have fancy graphics does not automattcially make it quality. You still have to work for it. Having sparkly graphics yet a lack-luster world is not quality. Obviously, you're not going to please everyone. Personally, I focus on what I want not what players want. If such a philosophy works for Miyamoto then it certainly can work for me
we have more than flashy graphics =P I have a dedicated staff TEAM... that's the thing about most of these better PWs that have been developed,.... they look awsome, but often, it's just a small group working on it... where-as, we have a large group of 'followers,' if you will, that want this server online, and are willing to do the work to get it there.

I am not trying to please everyone with this PW, and that is why i think we will do well
=)
I would not be slack on the graal rules, because that is not the type of players i am going to try to attract...
I am working on creating a world for oldbies, and more mature players, who want a break from the immature players of most servers, and they want to have fun =) lots of updates, and activitys...

anyways, yea, you're right, i am working for what i want a PW to be like =) and it seems others want the same thing...
Old 06-15-2003, 10:43 PM
Forbidden
Quote:
Originally posted by ETD

isn't this a reply? 0.o' and if it has no place here, then why did you bring this up? (well, MG brought up the guild messaging issue first...)

we have more than flashy graphics =P I have a dedicated staff TEAM... that's the thing about most of these better PWs that have been developed,.... they look awsome, but often, it's just a small group working on it... where-as, we have a large group of 'followers,' if you will, that want this server online, and are willing to do the work to get it there.

I am not trying to please everyone with this PW, and that is why i think we will do well
=)
I would not be slack on the graal rules, because that is not the type of players i am going to try to attract...
I am working on creating a world for oldbies, and more mature players, who want a break from the immature players of most servers, and they want to have fun =) lots of updates, and activitys...

anyways, yea, you're right, i am working for what i want a PW to be like =) and it seems others want the same thing...
A small team is easier to function with rather than a grossly large one. Better communication and no one trying to step on each other in order to have more power; everyone is trying to take care of each other. Again, large teams != quality. Its not how much you have is what you do with what you have. Oldbies? Please, they are long gone
Old 06-15-2003, 10:49 PM
VIP runned out
Quote:
Originally posted by G_yoshi
Oldbies? Please, they are long gone
i still talk to many on AIM, and many have said they would come back if i had my own server
=D
also, communication in my PW project is mostly everyone talks to me, and i talk to everyone
=P
and i am only accepting quality work
=)
anyways, back on topic
0.o'
*tries to remember the topic*
oh yea, PW hosting...
*has nothing more to say at the moment*
=x
Closed Thread