Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by ETD
and the PWA will pick those servers based on QUALITY, and NOT their player count
-_-
Yes, although playercount will be involved in a decision. More than likely quality and developements along with good communication among staff and players, and probably enforcment of rules will be considered, as just because you have little player count, doesnt mean you arent working your ass off trying to get players..
Old 06-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
MoonGod, it's not that these playerworlds are getting more players because they don't follow rules. (well in a sense, yes) But the main reason is because players want to be entertained. The only form of entertainment that is provided, is the form of being able to use profanity and talk about sexual things freely. Which the top playerworlds seem to be providing.

I agree that the rules should be enforced, but I also think that N-Pulse is going to have a low playercount either way. It's not like these high playercount worlds are stealing your players. Even if they didn't exist, nobody would go on N-Pulse. Because your server is boring and old.

I mean, when you can't even attract me to your server at all, it's a pretty sad case. Because I'm up for trying new things, but I went on N-Pulse, and I'm beginning to wonder if the N stands for No. Because your playerworld has "No Pulse". It is dead.

Yes the rules should be enforced, but even if they were, your playerworld would not stay in the top seven in it's current state.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 06-15-2003, 07:54 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
I went on N-Pulse, and I'm beginning to wonder if the N stands for No. Because your playerworld has "No Pulse". It is dead.
omg that pwns
=O
i didn't even think of that...
lol
your post is harsh... and MG, and Moonie will probably start flaming you for it... but i admire you for having the guts to say it
lol
Old 06-15-2003, 08:00 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
The only form of entertainment that is provided, is the form of being able to use profanity and talk about sexual things freely. Which the top playerworlds seem to be providing.
Era has a swear filter, and most sexual/offensive words are blocked.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
Well it's my fault my message was not very clear...

Movements from group 3 to group 2 and group 2 to group 3 are managed by the Player World team (PWA) and are based on QUALITY and not QUANTITY (number of players).

Rules need to be enforced but there is not so mush abuse, I don't see the problem of 4 friends talking privately about sex if this is a private meeting, the problem is not the same if this is someone broadcasting messages or making sexual harassment.

Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
The post was directed to Unixmad not you and I don't really care about your explaintion about the movement from one group to another because it is based on the amount of players playing a PW if you would bother to read Unixmads post.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:22 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by unixmad
Movements from group 3 to group 2 and group 2 to group 3 are managed by the Player World team (PWA) and are based on QUALITY and not QUANTITY (number of players).
Shouldn’t we also be able to move down from 1 if we feel a certain PW does not deserve 1 months free host, let’s say for abuse, lack of security, illegal material, copying etc. OR be able to place 2-3 out of the 7 in there for things OTHER than playercount? So the lower PWs that are working hard get a break, yet there are still 5 off playercount?

Also that would only work if we had more communication to you and Stefan. At the moment we have, well all but Nem seem to have none, which is an annoyance and hindering our job efficiency.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910

Also that would only work if we had more communication to you and Stefan. At the moment we have, well all but Nem seem to have none, which is an annoyance and hindering our job efficiency.
Introducing the PWA team's problem, lack of communication, a problem that always was, and most likely will continue to be
Old 06-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by Python523

Introducing the PWA team's problem, lack of communication, a problem that always was, and most likely will continue to be
Yeah it seems so =/
But it can be solved so simply, if we had a communication medium that was reliable.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:30 PM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
One question that still needs to be answered, Unixmad:

When the beta version of this system is put into effect, will the PWAs have already decided which pws will go into which slot for that day or will it be solely based and the amount of players for that first day?

Secondly, do the current playerworlds have about a month long range to get in the money or they will be shut down or something?
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 06-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Nil Recurring
Quote:

Yeah it seems so =/
But it can be solved so simply, if we had a communication medium that was reliable.
Why don't you just set up a mIRC chat to set up meetings and whatever, or just use Nova's Graal Messenger program if it is completed?
Old 06-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett White

Hmm, they have created, email ya know? unixmad responds to every email, unless it's crap.
Not to me he doesnt. Besides he uses ICQ, yet he doesnt respon to my messages, I know he is busy, and he has said recently he not longer uses it for chat or talking much on. But I get IMs almost every day, of people saying:

Quote:
[ICQ UNIX AND WHOEVER CHAT LOG]
=D
Old 06-15-2003, 08:34 PM
Scripter
amonrabr is on a distinguished road
Its cool. but I see alot of pws closing cause that =/ its not everybody that can get this money fast

Ps.. Im also testng my "sign" on this message, did you like it? lol X))))
Old 06-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Nil Recurring
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett White

Do you mean, a month as in, after the money is due to send it in, or it's shutdown? If so, that's bull****, a month is way too long.
Note the keyword about. You never know though, most people who own playerworlds don't have jobs so it may take them awhile to save up the money.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:47 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
If Npulse has nothing to offer, shut it down,,,plain and simple..it doesnt matter anyway because there are no staff.
I tell you what, we will just let people cuss, and talk about sex...no big deal right?
So when are the rules going to reflect the allowing of such things?
I go by the rules because people have to agree to them when they sign up. Unixmad told me once that there was a 0 tolerance rule against sexual content, and that he was totally against it, now he posts that he sees nothing wrong with it in private? omg, they have chat rooms for that crap. I wont be made to look like a fool anymore because I am trying to adhere to unixmad's wishes, then they get changed on a whim.
Rules are going to be allowed to be broken in order to bring in players, and money....it is all about the money now.
So fine and dandy.
And ETD, you are going to be another PW manager that allows whatever is needed to bring in the players, good for you...I am sure Unixmad and stefan will love you for it.
Konidias, you are right, Npulse is dead (except when we get 50 to 60 players once or twice a week)....not because it is a really bad PW, but because we have no staff, and the people who play there like to sit and talk alot...dont pretend that you know what is going on from going on there once or twice.
Yes, I am mad...I am tired of busting my ass just for people to trash me for following rules so thoroughly, and I am tired of people trashing npulse about not having or doing this or that, but noone wants to contribute anything except their complaints, and I am tired of rules written being changed at a whim, but the typed ones never change, and makes us few that follow the rules look foolish....I guess the people were right who said the rules are put there to protect the owners ass, and for no other reason.
This is what the players see, so there you go
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
I reply to all Email message but not all ICQ.

For all other details about Player World hosting i will explain more later.

Quote:

Not to me he doesnt. Besides he uses ICQ, yet he doesnt respon to my messages, I know he is busy, and he has said recently he not longer uses it for chat or talking much on. But I get IMs almost every day, of people saying:

Closed Thread