Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
superb is on a distinguished road
Just because you don't like what I have to say doeesn't give you any right to tell me to stop talking. I'll speak my mind when I see fit.

-Pickles
Old 06-15-2003, 09:41 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by superb
Just because you don't like what I have to say doeesn't give you any right to tell me to stop talking. I'll speak my mind when I see fit.
Okay. Your mind is defective though, that's all.
Old 06-15-2003, 10:19 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
superb is on a distinguished road
Fair enough mate! I never said I was sane now did I? :P

-Pickles
Old 06-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
What you say is true for most hobbies, try to manage a football team, you will see how mush reward you will have, not a lot, most people come to you to complain but never come to say they are happy or give a little "thanks".

When I made the thread to speak about Player World hosting, 90% of the messages were related to price not functionality. Our minimum cost for a Graal server is ~$120 a month if we want to give Npcserver/g-server/Tools, enough memory to make a good server, no limit on the bandwidth, the Human time to make this service (Administration, support, Web tools ...) .

Player World owner doesn't want to pay more than $10 a month, so there is $110 to find. Right now Lifetime Classic Players have ~ 7 real server to play with (if we don't count PlayerWorld that are not finished), so what's wrong when we say to Lifetime CLassic Players, we give you the same number of servers free to play and we ask $1.5/month to be VIP and help paying costs for all the other new servers ?

Now there is something "strange" in your message, you complain on Graal "digging deeper and deeper into everyone’s pockets" and you want money for you ?

Why do you think we are the only Online game to make a lifetime subscription for $29 ($19 before) ? Because this "business" model give you back in your pocket just a few dollar and you can only pay costs because there is new Players that pay for the old one. It mean that if now we have to give a share on this few dollars to all PlayerWorld Owners, we go on the wall.

If Npulse or some Other PlayerWorld owner want to receive money, I am not against it, but it will have to be a subscription based game like is Graal Kingdoms.

Now about the general discussion, is it the good solution to threaten us to optain something ? Isn't it better to open a nice thread and speak before threatening ? The PlayerWorld thread was done for that ...

It was not in my idea to ask actual PlayerWorld to pay, but is it really fair to officialy announce that some will pay and some other will not ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
To touch base on what Moon Goddess said as well as konidias let me say this in this light. People have hobbies like Moonie and I it is Graal and people don't mind paying for their hobbies as long as they receive something in return from it . You derive different things from hobbies depending on the person and what they want from their hobby.

Some get a return of money from their hobby if it involves making something for retail sales; their reward is a good product and making money from it. Some hobbies you just get a satisfaction of a job well done from praise of your peers. Regardless of what your hobby is you have to get something back from it to justify keeping that hobby otherwise you will move on to another one that does give some sort of return back to you. Now as far as Graal and us, we worked on Npulse and got satisfaction of trying to make a good PW for others to enjoy as well as ourselves. The money paid out was minimal so it was considered a fair exchange for our hobby.

But lately it has caused nothing but stress due to the changes in Graal for the last year, there is no enjoyment in seeing good projects lay in waste for lack of good people to work on them. Nor is there any enjoyment that now Graal is digging deeper and deeper into everyone’s pockets. Money is only one of the issues, there has to be a return of something given back to those PW Managers who work so many hours to try to please their players and make a quality PW for people to play on. There is also no enjoyment in seeing a lack of rule enforcemment of Graal rules on all servers.All this does is handicap the servers who do by a lower player count, that seriously needs to change or we all will resort to ignoring Graal rules to increase our player count to stay up top.

It has come to the point where there has to be a give and take now from Graal to those who work for the betterment of this game (PW Managers and Global Staff) free hosting isn't going to cut the proverbial mustard, Graal is still receiving all the benefits here, not the ones who are working to make this happen and make Graal profitable.
Old 06-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
That's a fair way to open a discussion, it reming me the techniques from trade union people to make everyone go on strike.

"Guys! Your boss make money from you and you are the one that make the real work, go on strike and you will see who make the real work"

About "So many leaving Graal" , some go , some new come and some old one come back, it's the normal life of a community. That's perhaps not the case on Npulse but what is sure is the number of Graal player increase and not decrease.

If you think Graal have a problem because some people put there time for some others then lot of other community have problems including all the open source community, games like Half Life, Quake …

If like you say Graal is a Hobby then reward must not be focused on Money, isn't it?

Quote:
Its not going to increase quality of the PlayerWorlds if the ones making them quit due to it will cost them more than it's worth to do it. Again I will say people in Management from PW Managers to Global Staff need to get something in return for their efforts or it is simply not worth it anymore. What is being described here is more and more time and money just to stay on the free hosting, true Graal will benefit but Graal is the only one that will benefit from this (other than the players). The entire backbone of Graal PW Management and Globals are being left out in the cold.

The reason so many leave Graal is it simply gets to the point that all their years of time and efforts haven't benefited them at all, there is no benefit nor satisfaction of dealing with complaints, problems with players day in and out for long periods of time. It's a lot of stress and a very thankless job to have, especially since there is no visible means of getting anything out of it other than more grief and pay out more money. Having a PW on top for bragging rights seems like a small payment for the 100's of hours it takes to get it there. In fact it is more of a hassle that a pleasure to be there, more players mean you need more Staff to handle them and finding good Staff is not an easy task. I see more problems here than any real solutions to the existing problems Graal has always had, which are too numerous to start listing here.
Old 06-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Administrator
"That's Life"

That was some world of humor and a internal joke between Stefan and Me, we say that when one of us loose Playing a Console game.

It just mean everyone win or loose a day or another, even if a PlayerWorld is better than another one right now, it can change very quickly, so it's more a sentens to try to take everything with sense of humour than made to hurt anyone.

Quote:
Originally posted by Soul-Blade

What the hell are you talking about? Over the last years, I have busted my rear trying to make graal better, and the only one who has benefitted is you people. I work on debug, and the only one who benefits of GK. I work on my PW, and the only one who benefits is you people. I sometimes tell my friends I am busy when they want to go out and do something, because I want to get a piece of my work done, and you have the stupidity to say "Thats life"?! What is that supposed to mean? In other words you are saying
Hey EVERYONE! Why don't you PAY ME to make a PROFESSIONAL QUALITY GAME, which I will MAKE MONEY OFF OF...what about you guys? YOU GET TO PAY ME! HORRAY FOR YOU!

Give me a freakin break here, do you actually believe that is fair?! PW managers HAVE NEVER benefitted from doing free work, and to those making great PWs, slave work.
Now you have the nerve to charge them to work?!

No. I won't work. I have already done everything I can offline, that is why I said "Hehe so true" because I made something good offline.

This system needs some serious changes, else this system will loose the most promising PWs graal has to offer.
Old 06-15-2003, 12:00 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Unix Triple Post! =D
Anyhow, guys settle down, as Unix has pointed out it is cheap to play and buy. Its not going to break the bank, heck im sure most of you could get that much in 2-3months, and if you work, within a week. I know you wouldn't normally plan on spending it on graal, but there are many people out there who will arise to this opportunity and pay for one, so one less thats up right now, isn't going to worry graalonline.

And guys, im sure Unix wont mind me saying it, but the plans I was told about from him before were:

Monthly Fee: $19 (Which was the avergae plan, so you would have payed more if you needed more)
SETUP fee: $59 (something like that)

Consider your self lucky, they have gone out of their way to get the costs as low as they can be, but sometimes you need to pay for things, and stop taking a free ride. And what is there to worry about? Those PWs who feel they will MAKE money for graal, develop and finish in about 12-18months, and then surly you would remian in group 1/2 all the time, and maybe even 1 all the time, so you wouldnt have to pay...
Old 06-15-2003, 12:57 PM
Cerebrate
Neoreno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Neoreno
Quote:
Originally posted by unixmad
What you say is true for most hobbies, try to manage a football team, you will see how mush reward you will have, not a lot, most people come to you to complain but never come to say they are happy or give a little "thanks".

As Stefan will say, that's life

But anyway, no one has answered my question. Will the official servers have a permanent residence in their respective tab?

Quote:
Exitus Acta Probat: The Outcome Justifies the Deed.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Gah, I think Moon God and I speak a different language then everyone else
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
That's a fair way to open a discussion, it reming me the techniques from trade union people to make everyone go on strike.

"Guys! Your boss make money from you and you are the one that make the real work, go on strike and you will see who make the real work"

About "So many leaving Graal" , some go , some new come and some old one come back, it's the normal life of a community. That's perhaps not the case on Npulse but what is sure is the number of Graal player increase and not decrease.

If you think Graal have a problem because some people put there time for some others then lot of other community have problems including all the open source community, games like Half Life, Quake …

If like you say Graal is a Hobby then reward must not be focused on Money, isn't it?

Ok let me speak for Moon Goddess and myself for a minute, it never has been a focused on money till it has gotten to this point. We may not even care in the increase in money now if all the PWs were put on a equal basis in other words my greatest concern is the lack of the enforcement of Graal rules on all PlayerWorlds. This directly equates to the amount on money we have to pay does it not? It does because most players would rather play a Playerworld where many rules are ignored and not enforced, thus being popular because of this.

This is my gripe Unixmad.The Game has to make money I agree and you must do what you can to keep it that way BUT you cannot reward PlayerWorlds who break rules and stay at the top because of it, and this in effect is what is happening here. This is my problem with the system, not that you need to charge more money but unless you enforce all Graal rules on all PlayerWorlds the system will be in favor of those who choose to ignore some of those rules. Profanity is ramped throughout Graal as well as sexual content in masses on the Game. Now they have resolved on Npulse to putting sexual conversations in Guild messages because we strictly adhere to Graal rules (we are working on solving this issue).

This is something they don't have to do on other PlayerWorlds and do it openly without fear of reprisal. This is why I complain about the money, it now looks like we are paying for supporting those PlayerWorlds who openly and carelessly disregard the Graal rules established, I don't mind supporting the Game but I do mind supporting those who could care less about Graal in this matter. Then is it worth more money to me to support those kinds of PlayerWorlds who rise to the top for disregarding what we all should be following? No it isn't when it is broken down in this way.

I support Graal and the Game but not those who break rules and until the Graal Rules are enforced equally for all it simply is not fair to ask for more money to support those who are at the top for breaking the rules that we on Npulse strictly adhere to and yet suffer for because of it by a lower player count. If you fix this problem you won't hear about money from us because this is the only return from this game we are looking for. Our reward and satisfaction will come from a better Graal by rules being followed; this will be payment enough for us.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 06-15-2003, 07:15 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
BUT you cannot reward PlayerWorlds who break rules and stay at the top because of it, and this in effect is what is happening here.
the movement of servers from group 3, to group 2 is going to be based on QUALITY!, and NOT player count
lol, meaning your whole argument is pointless... as long as you have a high quality PW, you should be able to get into group 2, even if you have a lower player count... player count only deturmins if you get into group 1... which is the same as group 2, exept that trial accounts can play
=/
your whole argument is that servers with more players will get rewarded... but really servers which are higher quality will be the ones who are getting rewarded...
Quote:
Now they have resolved on Npulse to putting sexual conversations in Guild messages because we strictly adhere to Graal rules (we are working on solving this issue).
Oy, yea, i was there, it was my guild. I will say this... as a guild, you become good friends with your members, and we were haivng a discussion about a topic which had some sexual content... but there was just 4 members on at the time, and all 4 were participating, and had no problem with the content (if they did, i would have had them stop)... anyways, we weren't doing it in guild messages to 'hide' or anything... we were doing it there because we were having a talk in a group... anyways, the GP gave us warnings, and we stopped... and as far as i know, there hasn't been a problem since
0.o'
yet 2 days later, moonie felt the need to tell me that unless I (personally) stopped all my guild members from breaking rules in guild messages, she would ban my guild from the server... i do not understand how she expects me to act like a GP, for my whole guild, when i only play about an hour a day, and why should a guild as a whole be held responcible for a few member's actions?

anyways, it happened once, we were warned, and there hasn't been a problem since 0.o' meaning there is no 'issue' to resolve
=/
Old 06-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Originally posted by ETD
Stuff

=/
The post was directed to Unixmad not you and I don't really care about your explaintion about the movement from one group to another because it is based on the amount of players playing a PW if you would bother to read Unixmads post.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 06-15-2003, 07:25 PM
VIP runned out
Quote:
The post was directed to Unixmad not you and I don't really care about your explaintion about the movement from one group to another because it is based on the amount of players playing a PW if you would bother to read Unixmads post.
actually, if you would bother reading his post, he says that the PWA will be the ones who pick what servers go from group 3 to group 2, and from group 2 to group 3...

and the PWA will pick those servers based on QUALITY, and NOT their player count
-_-
Quote:
The PlayerWorld Team will decide what server go from the second group to the Third group.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:31 PM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Originally posted by ETD

actually, if you would bother reading his post, he says that the PWA will be the ones who pick what servers go from group 3 to group 2, and from group 2 to group 3...

and the PWA will pick those servers based on QUALITY, and NOT their player count
-_-
Reeeealy? and I suppose this quote has nothing to do with player count?

Quote:
The PlayerWorld Team will decide what server go from the second group to the Third group. For the calculation of point it will be based on the 3 servers you play the most, the server you play the most receive 3 points, second 2 points and last 1 point.

Then based on your subscription status we will calculate the real rating:

If you are gold it will be : Number of point X 3
If you are vip it will be: Number of point X 2
If you are Lifetime classic it will be: Number of point X 1

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 06-15-2003, 07:34 PM
VIP runned out
Quote:
Reeeealy? and I suppose this quote has nothing to do with player count?
that's for if a server goes in group 1, or group 2...

you might want to re-read his post, and try to understand it a little better... because you seem lost

Last edited by ETD; 06-15-2003 at 07:45 PM..
Closed Thread