Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 10:10 PM
US Marine
Soul-Blade is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Soul-Blade
Quote:
Originally posted by Soul-Blade

Stuff
Ugh, sorry. I really do see the point of this now that I look at it, it is to filter out low quality worlds. And thinking about it, it is a rather good way to do that. It is just fustrating, so sorry about what I said above.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:05 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Soul-Blade

Ugh, sorry. I really do see the point of this now that I look at it, it is to filter out low quality worlds. And thinking about it, it is a rather good way to do that. It is just fustrating, so sorry about what I said above.
Bull, low quality player worlds can be filtered out by the PWA or other means....they dont have to charge for that to happen
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-14-2003, 11:22 PM
ohay
cloudstrifevii is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cloudstrifevii Send a message via MSN to cloudstrifevii
Quote:
Originally posted by Darlene159
Bull, low quality player worlds can be filtered out by the PWA or other means....they dont have to charge for that to happen
Didn't you leave? o.0

Nick: Peg Leg
E-Mail: [email protected]
Old 06-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
superb is on a distinguished road
This will be the downfall of Graal. You just wait and see. It's defintitely not going to help business in the long run. It will be a temporary fix at BEST. Then everything will go to **** all over again.

-Pickles
Old 06-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by cloudstrifevii

Didn't you leave? o.0
Does this have something to do with the subject at hand?
No it doesnt, and no I didnt leave
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-15-2003, 12:20 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
She said she was going to, but changed her mind because she couldn't make herself do it.. There's a strong connection to this forum...

I seriously hope this plan is revised. It seems more geared to what will line unixmad's pockets than what is actually going to benefit the players. Yes, if done correctly this will increase the quality of playerworlds. The problem is, I don't see it working in the long run. I do see some good things that will come out of it, but overall I think this will hurt business and drive away the playerbase. You think it's bad now...wait 6 months after this is in effect. If Graal flourishes, I will eat my hat and keep quiet. I seriously doubt this is going to help Graal though. It's just going to give unixmad some
short-lived economic stimulus.

Hey...by the way, what is going to happen to Graal 2000 when this comes into effect? Many forget that is also an official world. About 40 people play it regularly...not counting the trial accounts

-Pickles

Last edited by superb; 06-15-2003 at 12:57 AM..
Old 06-15-2003, 01:33 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by cloudstrifevii

Didn't you leave? o.0
She left the Modship of the Forum and it has nothing to do with the topic.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 06-15-2003, 01:38 AM
Administrator
superb, awhile back I quit the forums, but came back....I just quit the mod part, and this still has NOTHING to do with this topic
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-15-2003, 01:42 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
I know...You only quit for a couple of days. That's what I was saying. You said something like that you tried to quit, but you couldn't.

-Pickles
Old 06-15-2003, 01:56 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by superb
She said she was going to, but changed her mind because she couldn't make herself do it.. There's a strong connection to this forum...

I seriously hope this plan is revised. It seems more geared to what will line unixmad's pockets than what is actually going to benefit the players. Yes, if done correctly this will increase the quality of playerworlds. The problem is, I don't see it working in the long run. I do see some good things that will come out of it, but overall I think this will hurt business and drive away the playerbase. You think it's bad now...wait 6 months after this is in effect. If Graal flourishes, I will eat my hat and keep quiet. I seriously doubt this is going to help Graal though. It's just going to give unixmad some

Hey...by the way, what is going to happen to Graal 2000 when this comes into effect? Many forget that is also an official world. About 40 people play it regularly...not counting the trial accounts
Its not going to increase quality of the PlayerWorlds if the ones making them quit due to it will cost them more than it's worth to do it. Again I will say people in Management from PW Managers to Global Staff need to get something in return for their efforts or it is simply not worth it anymore. What is being described here is more and more time and money just to stay on the free hosting, true Graal will benefit but Graal is the only one that will benefit from this (other than the players). The entire backbone of Graal PW Management and Globals are being left out in the cold.

The reason so many leave Graal is it simply gets to the point that all their years of time and efforts haven't benefited them at all, there is no benefit nor satisfaction of dealing with complaints, problems with players day in and out for long periods of time. It's a lot of stress and a very thankless job to have, especially since there is no visible means of getting anything out of it other than more grief and pay out more money. Having a PW on top for bragging rights seems like a small payment for the 100's of hours it takes to get it there. In fact it is more of a hassle that a pleasure to be there, more players mean you need more Staff to handle them and finding good Staff is not an easy task. I see more problems here than any real solutions to the existing problems Graal has always had, which are too numerous to start listing here.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 06-15-2003, 06:56 AM
zrpgp2p is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett White

Hey, fool, let me tell you a secret, you can build a great playerworld OFFLINE, then still work on it when it gets up. Piece's of crap servers don't go up.
So according to you Era is a piece of crap...

Amazing how much that dosent make sense.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:36 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
Era IS a piece of crap, but that's not completely relevent to this discussion. I'm more concerned as to what this means to Graal 2000

-Pickles
Old 06-15-2003, 07:47 AM
zrpgp2p is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Era IS a piece of crap, but that's not completely relevent to this discussion. I'm more concerned as to what this means to Graal 2000
If it's so bad, I wonder how it stays at the top of the serverlist.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:50 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
I'm not denying that people like it. I just don't see why they like it so much.

-Pickles
Old 06-15-2003, 08:42 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Try running a business like Graal and benefiting the players while keeping the service running at least partly smoothly. Until then, put a sock in it.
Closed Thread