Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
20? thats a little number isnt it? they'd all be free...
Old 06-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by unixmad
I am still interested to known what hobby you can do for $19/year .

The VIP can indeed only reach gold servers Week-end but have a complete access on Classic and will have a complete access on all Player Worlds

I cant thing of any. $19! Thats dirt cheap. Its not just a game, its a game that updates all of the time, with new people, staff, and content, its very much worth the cheap price you have set.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:13 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
superb is on a distinguished road
Because you cannot buy a new account for only 19/yr! XD you ditched that plan already remember?

-Pickles
Old 06-17-2003, 02:33 PM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910

I cant thing of any. $19! Thats dirt cheap. Its not just a game, its a game that updates all of the time, with new people, staff, and content, its very much worth the cheap price you have set.
It was a trick question. If you answered it any other way you would get banned .

$99 dollars, while being a good price, lacks convenience for one reason:
You have to pay it all at once. But whatever works.

Also the VIP+gold thing isn't a terrible idea for servers, but perhaps keep ghost mode for the playerworlds players can't access? It would let them see what's up with the mid-to-gold playerworlds and decide if they want to upgrade.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:04 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
I can do alot at no cost. Not getting into real life stuff and just stuff online. I can design websites make mods for games. I can make levels for other online games my friends can code with me on other games. We prefer to stay with graal because its the First mmorpg we played. Which is why I keep my account upgraded even though I dont play. How ever my friends dont share my sentiment to where they wish to keep upgrading their accounts. They've upgraded in the past and they dont want to upgrade for something they wont be playing.
But thats fine you've made it clear how you feel in regards to people working hard to improve the quality of Your game we will be moving on to other things in which people wont be charging us to develop stuff for a server we have to buy then forcing us to pay money to access the server that we paid for in the first place.
For these reasons I won't be purchasing a server or continuing to upgrade my account. Once its expired I'll be saying goodbye to graal.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 06-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett White

Hmm so what? You have a problem with it, but then again you're leaving, so what you're doing now, is wasting your time, when it could be better spent on doing the other crap you like doing.
Obviously if you had half a brain you would realise I just came to this conclusion. I dont play graal but I do enjoy posting with some of the community here which I will continue to do until my account expires. As for the other things I like to do, I usually prefer to wait until an hour or two into my day before I start on various projects that I find interesting. Of course with your intellect and my post not concerning you I'm sure you realized this.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 06-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Banned
Golbez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Golbez Send a message via Yahoo to Golbez
I think Gold accounts should be able to own a server to
Even if you have to charge them more. I was plaining on buying a server for my self and me and my Graal friend could work on it, but I dont think it could happen because I dont have VIP =(
Old 06-17-2003, 08:19 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Correct me if I am wrong, but, are some of you saying that we not online have to pay to get classic servers access, but also pay to make things for the game? Heck, the players created Graal, and they are the only people keeping it running. If you ask me, paying to play, thats fine, but all the staff paying to make things? Thats just wacked.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:56 PM
US Marine
Soul-Blade is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Soul-Blade
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
Correct me if I am wrong, but, are some of you saying that we not online have to pay to get classic servers access, but also pay to make things for the game? Heck, the players created Graal, and they are the only people keeping it running. If you ask me, paying to play, thats fine, but all the staff paying to make things? Thats just wacked.
Fool! I only see 2 servers online which has improved Graal.

The reason this is being added is because Unixmad has been paying for playerworlds which do NOT add to the quality, rather drain from it. With this system, most of the crappy PWs will be eliminated, or turned into greater PWs, and new, superior ones will come into existance.

Now, the only thing I think should be added is making money. Not sure how that would work, maybe depending on the number of users, a group 1 PW can choose to "Go Gold". So if it has say, 200 players (which is very possible, and in my opinion to many) then the owner can ask to go gold. When they go gold, a small percentage of the gold account upgrades go to the owner. Of course, Graal would make more money then the owner because of the fact the owner brought so many players, a small percentage would become insignificant.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:

Um.. that's just VIP, think about gold prices, also that 19 dollars is for Americans. Think of us Australians
Maybe I do not understand this currency thing. But isnt a US Dollar the same value for everyone around the world at the same time? Okay lets take HongKong, $19USD is about... $250HKD? I think, but its still $19USD, it may sound more in differnt currencies, but its the same price?
Old 06-17-2003, 09:25 PM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910

Maybe I do not understand this currency thing. But isnt a US Dollar the same value for everyone around the world at the same time? Okay lets take HongKong, $19USD is about... $250HKD? I think, but its still $19USD, it may sound more in differnt currencies, but its the same price?
Yeah, its the same when comparing the two, but you have to consider that their products might be cheaper than ours and inflation, stuff like that. So maybe $19 to us isn't much, but to them, $19 probably feels more like $35 to $40 to them.
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 06-17-2003, 09:47 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by Nitkizi

Yeah, its the same when comparing the two, but you have to consider that their products might be cheaper than ours and inflation, stuff like that. So maybe $19 to us isn't much, but to them, $19 probably feels more like $35 to $40 to them.
Feels not the same, but is the same. Yes $19 US Dollars sounds or feels less than $xAUS Dollars. But its still the same... maybe a few cents difference..
Old 06-18-2003, 02:30 AM
Nil Recurring
Quote:

**** off. 40 Dollars or whatever it is for an upgrade for gold to American's isn't much, but over here, that's ****ing 80 dollars.
Why do you have to be such a butt-hole to everyone? >.>
Old 06-18-2003, 04:48 AM
Nil Recurring
Quote:

Why'd you have to post crap. You don't live here, so you do not understand the prices involved, please don't act like you even come close to knowing anything about other countries currency's.

I never said I did, did I? I've never been to another country before. But that doesn't dismiss the fact that every single post you make has to be an insult, it's annoying.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:51 AM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by unixmad
If a Player World has at least 20 supporters (including staff), he will have free hosting for the next 6 months.

There will be a special forum to present its Player World.

ok, 2 questions before my account runs out
=x

#1. will this just be fore NEWLY upgraded accounts? like, it'll give you the option when you upgrade? or will already upgraded accounts be able to sponcer?

#2. does this mean that the only servers that will get forums are the ones that get 20 sponcers, and the ones in groups 1 and 2? i mean, will EVERY server in group 3 get a special forums in the PW section, or not?

that is all for now
=)
Closed Thread