Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Thumbs up Mercenary: Era's Finest

Hello all,
Mercenary has been established as Era's premier elitist guild. The following message entails the guidelines by which players may enter in this guild, and thus, among the ranks of era's finest players.

As we all know, measuring a player's skill is an elusive task because of the many variables that go into it. Most often, one simply knows where they rank a player, but can never express it verbally, or otherwise. It just seems to be an internal awareness we all have.

In lieu of this issue, we are going to employ a method we believe is rigorous enough to meet the implicit demands of an elite player.
The manner by which one may show himself proved to be an "elite" player, and thus, one that is suited for Mercenary, will be as such:

- The player must demonstrate his/her's influence on the game through clearly becoming an anchor, or an extremely valuable player, of another gang. To those who seek the easy way out, MVP awards in events will not be enough to cut it. While they may play a role, we understand that ALOT more goes into determining a player's value to a gang than those. You must demonstrate this through points, activity, and significance in all areas, especially gang events.

- The player maintain this level of play for an extended period of time (most often a month or more).

Once these requirements are met, the player will receive notification of an invitation to Mercenary, at which point, he/she will be granted a tryout. The tryout will consist of a battle against one of our top members, as well as a 7-day trial period within the gang itself.

Warning: Do not ask any member to join Mercenary as this can warrant one being added to the blacklist. Once on this list, you will not be allowed entry or consideration for Mercenary for at least two weeks. Also, display respect to the members of the guild for it is their recommendations that will ultimately lead to your being reviewed closely.

A quick insight:

Once a member of Mercenary, there is a numerical system used for ranks. Through this system, the players are ranked from 1 to the last player. For now, it is 1-15, but could change if expansion is warranted. The # 1 player is the best player in the guild and would be the last to be removed, after leaders and council. The #15 player, or lowest player, is the weakest and is the one on the chopping block.

In addition, a lower-ranked Mercenary player can challenge a player one-ranked higher than him a maximum of twice a month. If a person is removed due to inactivity, the ranks are each shifted up one, leaving the lowest slot open.

If there are any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me, Q. Duble (Venom_Fish), via client, or Corey Soul (urmom04).
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11

Last edited by Venom_Fish; 06-18-2013 at 01:06 AM..
Old 06-18-2013, 01:50 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
elitist
I never could put my finger on why I didn't like you. (Besides the obvious fact that you're better at the game than me; Yeah, beat you to it.)

That solves that mystery.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:00 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
I'll take my #1 spot now, thanks.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:08 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I am ERA!
Old 06-18-2013, 02:44 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
You're all bad.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
I'll take my #1 spot now, thanks.
And I'm #2

Old 06-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
And I'm #2
Who does #2 work for?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
this one was nicer

William Soul (Mon Apr 11 00:55:22 2011):
Mass message:
Hello, ladies and gentlemen.
Been a long time coming, however, here goes!
I'd like to formally announce an opening position in the prestigious Soul Family.
We are currently in-seek of an undetermined amount of members.
The Soul Family has been Era's most elite and prestigious organization since, lord knows when.

If you are interested, simply give me a holla and I'll make sure to keep a constant watch on your accomplishments. If you are outstanding, I will then pass your name through our ranks and other members will view you as well.

Thank you.

- William Soul.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
you didn't mention wealth or lag, does is come in play with Mercenary? and since it's called "Mercenary", i suppose gang hopping isn't frowned upon is it?

William Soul *Mastermind* (Blazian Bandits) (Fri May 06 00:55:31 2011):
Mass message:
The Soul Family has never hired an individual based on wealth nor lag.
Never will, we're an elitist guild... any hiring on either of those basis would simply diminish our reputation. Secondly, Soul Family never sends offers to individuals. We hire who we choose, when we choose to. No one has ever denied, no one ever will.

-William Soul
Old 06-19-2013, 06:06 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
You have such good timing, William. You always send your messages at 00:55.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 06-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
subtle racist comment is not so subtle
Old 06-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Mr. Steal Yo Girl
Gambet1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
so this is a new gang ..?
or Bher changing its name to Mercenary?
Old 06-20-2013, 05:25 AM
The_Federov's dad
Xloria is on a distinguished road
Woah nobody took Wil's very important e-gang serious?

I'm shocked.

"The Beauty isn't in climbing the mountain, it's about the view once you're at the top."
Old 06-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Era since 2005
mercenary is as serious as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nobody is asking to join cuz u get blacklisted otherwise. the hiring process is extremely complicated, it'll be months before anyone is granted access to the most 3lit3 gang of era's history
Old 06-20-2013, 06:17 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
The most elite gang Era has is the Rocks gang. Member of one for 10 years!