Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2011, 02:19 AM
Kavan
iBeatz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to iBeatz
Creating a level via script?

Is there any way of creating a level via GScript without the conventional copylevel() function?
What I mean is creating a level file from scratch akin to the level that the GraalEditor program creates upon startup. I've tried looking for a function for this, but haven't found anything.

The only way I could imagine creating a level from scratch is taking a level file on the server, use the copylevel() function to create another and write the text content of the level file somehow so that it matches the GraalEditor startup level.

Any ideas?

Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:23 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Have a blank level stored on the server and copylevel() that, or simply write the level manually(levels are stored as text, open a level up in wordpad) and savelines or something like that.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:31 AM
Kavan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Have a blank level stored on the server and copylevel() that, or simply write the level manually(levels are stored as text, open a level up in wordpad) and savelines or something like that.
I'd rather do it dynamically if possible, ie. without having a blank level stored on the server.
So you're saying loadlines() works for .nw files? I can't exactly check for myself at the minute. If so, I didn't know that, so thanks!
So the method I suggested at first would be the way to go about it then?

Old 12-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
What's so dynamic about that? You'd end up with the same result, a blank level is a blank level. And yes, levels are text so anything you could do to a text file you can do to a level.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:36 AM
Kavan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What's so dynamic about that? You'd end up with the same result, a blank level is a blank level. And yes, levels are text so anything you could do to a text file you can do to a level.
When I mean dynamic, I mean I just want to make it so that only the script is needed for the process.
Thanks for your help.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:19 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
I think what you're after doesn't exist and has no need to exist. I don't see the problem in having a blank template level apart from the portability aspect...
Old 12-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Sorry If I misinterpret, but do you mean that you're looking for something for level generation? like for seperate people? If so then no clue. If not, then ignore what I asked.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Not really sure what you're asking for, but if you're trying to create levels on-the-fly and delete them afterwards, this will handle it for you.