Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
Don't follow what every other LAT is doing now
This seems like a strange thing to be said, though not that this level isn't a very good example of what it's supposed to be.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:15 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeatz View Post
I did say I was experimenting.
And what's wrong with detail? I hate straightness. It's just so boring and repetetive. Every LAT does pretty much the same thing.
Why not spice things up a little?
It's fine to experiment, but every LAT has a phase where they hate straights and try to diagonal everything. Personally I think it's ugly and a lot have agreed with me in the past. I'm not saying to make everything straight, im saying make it less diagonal. After one clump of dirt atm it just looks so repetitive.

Every LAT doesn't do the same thing, and that's the way it should be. Take criticism as a good thing, and just improve your style. :-]
Old 05-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Winning
ISonic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ISonic Send a message via MSN to ISonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeatz View Post
Okay, so my outside levels are normally full of tiles, most notably grass tiles, and I've had a lot of mixed feedback for a while, and I just wanted to see what you guys think.
The whole point of this level was to make it look overgrown, so I pretty much filled the level up with grass details.
remembers this level lmao it was a fun area
Old 05-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
Lovely levels!! Keep up the fantasic work

I really like the style and if you're comfortable with it - don't change it. Don't follow what every other LAT is doing now as you won't progress.
I agree. You want feedback on your style, not to make it like others. I would be happy to play in this level. Good work kavan!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Kavan
iBeatz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to iBeatz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
The problem with the huge level of detail you've put into your outside level is that it hinders readability. It's unpleasant to look at (for me at least) and the placement of most objects doesn't even make any sense. As a level designer, you should consider usability first. And random pieces of fence here and there are useless, to say the least.
The outside level was really just for show and tell. It serves no real purpose whatsoever, other than showing what I can do.
I agree with you that it looks a little unpleasant, but it really was just for viewing purposes, and I did make it a while ago.

To be honest, I think the plainer it is, the neater and tidier it looks, but the trick is not to go overboard on this.

I wasn't exactly trying to say this is how I normally level, I was experimenting.
My normal levels are a lot neater. These took stupidly forever to make.

Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Nicely done! A little too overdetailed for it to work as an actual level but I like the creativity!

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 06-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Here to learn Gs2
Dayson2001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dayson2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Nicely done! A little too overdetailed for it to work as an actual level but I like the creativity!
Agreed.although the outside level would work well for an over grown ghost town. But the fences would have to be fixed to make it seem like it used to be a fence. Other than that the creativity is great! Top notch.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Level Administration Team
kabouter is on a distinguished road
I like the style!