Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-07-2012, 08:00 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Doesn't anyone want to pool together to make something?

I bet if all the development staff working on current servers made a new one it might actually get done.

Not that that'd ever happen realistically but, something new needs to happen.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:29 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
Not that that'd ever happen realistically but, something new needs to happen.
To give stefan another chance to fart-ass someone around again?

It's genius.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
To give stefan another chance to fart-ass someone around again?
It'd be cool if Stefan made the server.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Developing an entirely new server isn't going to solve any of the current problems.
Solving the current problems however could make it more feasible for new servers to be developed.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:22 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Developing an entirely new server isn't going to solve any of the current problems.
Solving the current problems however could make it more feasible for new servers to be developed.
Keeping things stale isn't helping either. We need something new.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
If people can't cooperate together on their own private projects, what makes you think they will come together to create something? Put three NATs together and you've already got one trying to cut down the other; the third never logs in.

Quote:
something new needs to happen.
Oh? Why? The path of least resistance has worked pretty well, as far as business models go. I don't see any reason for why something new needs to happen. It'd be nice, but what's the impetus?
Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Keeping things stale isn't helping either. We need something new.
So you're saying that all of the developers on current servers, which they may have already put a lot of time and effort towards, should get together and focus on an entirely new server, where it's likely they'd have different ideas and practices, to spend an incredible amount of time and effort building it from scratch, then be faced with either dislodging existing players from their home server, or attracting new players in light of a deer price for a temporary subscription with harsh trial restrictions, all for the sake of something new?

You're also saying that a Graal Administrator, who isn't known for being astute with server design, should push aside the massive to-do list of things that are arguably overdue, in order to attempt a mountainous task that so many teams of developers have failed to accomplish in over half a dozen years?
Old 10-07-2012, 11:12 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
If people can't cooperate together on their own private projects, what makes you think they will come together to create something? Put three NATs together and you've already got one trying to cut down the other; the third never logs in.

Oh? Why? The path of least resistance has worked pretty well, as far as business models go. I don't see any reason for why something new needs to happen. It'd be nice, but what's the impetus?
Problems like that are sure to arise but it's been conquered before.

And something needs to happen because PC Graal is boring and not worth paying for, sad to say. At least for what they're asking, and especially given how successful iGraal is.

Quote:
So you're saying that all of the developers on current servers, which they may have already put a lot of time and effort towards, should get together and focus on an entirely new server, where it's likely they'd have different ideas and practices, to spend an incredible amount of time and effort building it from scratch, then be faced with either dislodging existing players from their home server, or attracting new players in light of a deer price for a temporary subscription with harsh trial restrictions, all for the sake of something new?

You're also saying that a Graal Administrator, who isn't known for being astute with server design, should push aside the massive to-do list of things that are arguably overdue, in order to attempt a mountainous task that so many teams of developers have failed to accomplish in over half a dozen years?
In a eloquent way of being biased, yes that is what I'm saying.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Banned
Quote:
PC Graal is boring and not worth paying for
Given that the development of an entirely new server requires developers to pay for Gold, there are much simpler and obvious solutions to this problem.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
And something needs to happen because PC Graal is boring and not worth paying for, sad to say.
Of course. You're preaching to the choir on that one. Not a single person frequenting this forum would ever suggest that PC Graal is worth the money, except maybe Unixmad.

But why is it up the community to make it worth money, and not say... the people taking in all of the profit?

I'll cut to the chase: it isn't worth it for any player to clean this mess up, not until we've been given better tools, clearer communication, or just a slice of the pie we're selling.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:15 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Given that the development of an entirely new server requires developers to pay for Gold, there are much simpler and obvious solutions to this problem.
The current management is incompetent to keep itself on it's feet. Unless you'd rather have PC Graal die in favor of iGraal, what other alternative is there?

Quote:
Of course. You're preaching to the choir on that one. Not a single person frequenting this forum would ever suggest that PC Graal is worth the money, except maybe Unixmad.

But why is it up the community to make it worth money, and not say... the people taking in all of the profit?

I'll cut to the chase: it isn't worth it for any player to clean this mess up, not until we've been given better tools, clearer communication, or just a slice of the pie we're selling.
Which is why it'd be nice if Stefan lead the development at least somewhat. However, the obvious focus for him has been iGraal since it's actually made money.

Maybe he would get interested in a big project and provide some support for it. Farfetched but, still maybe.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:57 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
hell yea bro im up for it lets pool our **** together
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:33 PM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
This.

I have no clue why people are accepting this, it's a reversed world.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormYs View Post
This.

I have no clue why people are accepting this, it's a reversed world.
Because the people are just stupid. They develope their ass off to be someone great in this game, but all the money goes straight to Stefan + unixmad. Thats it. You can be Manager of Era, Zodiac or whereever you want, even Iphone Classic or Era. You dont get even 1% of the profits they make. Why not working for free in real life? Show me how you pay ur bills then.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 10-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Because the people are just stupid. They develope their ass off to be someone great in this game, but all the money goes straight to Stefan + unixmad. Thats it. You can be Manager of Era, Zodiac or whereever you want, even Iphone Classic or Era. You dont get even 1% of the profits they make. Why not working for free in real life? Show me how you pay ur bills then.
I'm just going to say if you develop a game on Graal, chances are you already should be reconsidering your tactics for your idea, because Graal is its own thing, why would you create your own game on something you have no control over. It has always been a place for hobbyists to do something, talking to people or developing an idea. The rules even state more or less that whatever non-copyrighted material is uploaded to Graal servers, it is theirs to own.

I feel like anything beyond that reasoning right there is just ignorance waiting for exploit, Which Stefan feeds off of.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.