Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
I'm talking about forum activity not money. The place felt more alive before the forum went P2P-only again.
Activity was higher in July than in June (and the forums were P2P-only for half of July). Though it went down in August.

Last edited by Googi; 10-09-2007 at 12:31 AM..
Old 10-09-2007, 01:17 AM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
The simple fact is making these forums pay to post is a small notch in the list of "ways not to run a MMORPG" that the Graal administration has been adding to over the years.

Making them free won't do much now, because the community is pretty disinterested in Graal in general. Even if 20 more people posted here on a daily basis, the community would still be far from lively.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Activity was higher in July than in June (and the forums were P2P-only for half of July). Though it went down in August.
Wasn't V5 announced to be released in July? Might explain that, but Classic accounts were able to post during that time too.

What about September?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
No, forums should cost. It'll keep all those damn newbies from flooding the forums. Not to mention that the forums are a feature that should only come when you buy a product, like a warranty of sorts. The only reason other MMORPG's offer them for free is because they don't see the huge potential in income a business can make by charging for the official community. Pull your heads out of the toilets and open your eyes to how much of a benefit you're receiving by paying for access to these forums; like your chance to get recognized by Unixmad and/or Stefan.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:23 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
No, forums should cost. It'll keep all those damn newbies from flooding the forums. Not to mention that the forums are a feature that should only come when you buy a product, like a warranty of sorts. The only reason other MMORPG's offer them for free is because they don't see the huge potential in income a business can make by charging for the official community. Pull your heads out of the toilets and open your eyes to how much of a benefit you're receiving by paying for access to these forums; like your chance to get recognized by Unixmad and/or Stefan.
Thus let Classics here, too :o
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:43 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
I hope you're being sarcastic with this post, either that or you're somewhat deluded.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Here's where I should put my rep
Old 10-09-2007, 03:03 AM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
I say let it be free but highly restrict content for the non-registered accounts, like allow them to view the general forums only but not the development ones. Also allow them to post only once every hour.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:18 AM
o.o
And acess to the PlayerWorld Forums (Bomy, Era, PWH, PWM)
Old 10-09-2007, 03:32 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Quote:
Wasn't V5 announced to be released in July? Might explain that, but Classic accounts were able to post during that time too.
Maybe if you could name some people who had to stop posting because of the forums going P2P-only...

Quote:
What about September?
It went down in September, but it went down in September of every year except 2001.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Maybe if you could name some people who had to stop posting because of the forums going P2P-only...
Hell if i'd know. You're the forum god, you should know.

Quote:
It went down in September, but it went down in September of every year except 2001.
Well has the number itself been lower this year than every other year for September?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 AM
o.o
Porbably
Old 10-10-2007, 09:19 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
Hell if i'd know. You're the forum god, you should know.
Can't think of any. Without doubt, Zoners quitting after v5 was a far bigger hit.

Quote:
Well has the number itself been lower this year than every other year for September?
Yes, but the all-time low was October 2004.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:09 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No, forums should cost. It'll keep all those damn newbies from flooding the forums.
You're right, because someone doesn't upgrade every year, they're a noob who doesn't deserve to have the 'benefits' we do.
Quote:
Not to mention that the forums are a feature that should only come when you buy a product, like a warranty of sorts. The only reason other MMORPG's offer them for free is because they don't see the huge potential in income a business can make by charging for the official community.
Is Graal the only game you play? Look at all those free MMORPGs out there that also have free forums. The ones that look and play better than Graal. They're not looking for income, so why should Graal?

Quote:
Pull your heads out of the toilets and open your eyes to how much of a benefit you're receiving by paying for access to these forums; like your chance to get recognized by Unixmad and/or Stefan.
Lost all respect for you with that.

I hope that was sarcasm

Old 10-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Sorry, /sarcasm
It seems if you post logical, educated and respectful complaints, Unix completely ignores them. I thought I'd try another tactic and maybe catch his attention.
Closed Thread