Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 05:25 PM
patrickp2p is an unknown quantity at this point
Not trying to post non related material to this thread, but I got dc'ed for having something "wrong" with my Graal clients files. I come to later find out by staff that some players in the past have tried to replaced Gani files with hacking Gani files. WHAT IS THIS NEW TECHNOLOGY. So I'm sitting here on my laptop thinking Graal crashed because my files messed up, when in reality I'm pretty sure it was a bug because where would one begin to find a hacking Gani file? (that is what baffled me). So as you cam see, it really is Staff scripts against a players word. For all they know, I was hacking. But although I wasn't it said I was. No one knows if every script will work for every player, that is why Graal has scripters >:O lolz. Thanks for collaborating on your post ^_^

Love me or hate me? O:

<--Are Questions Accepted Here? (:
Old 06-25-2011, 05:27 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
A different gani is just going to change the animations on your end. I don't see how that could result in "hacking".
Old 06-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickp2p View Post
Not trying to post non related material to this thread, but I got dc'ed for having something "wrong" with my Graal clients files. I come to later find out by staff that some players in the past have tried to replaced Gani files with hacking Gani files. WHAT IS THIS NEW TECHNOLOGY. So I'm sitting here on my laptop thinking Graal crashed because my files messed up, when in reality I'm pretty sure it was a bug because where would one begin to find a hacking Gani file? (that is what baffled me). So as you cam see, it really is Staff scripts against a players word. For all they know, I was hacking. But although I wasn't it said I was. No one knows if every script will work for every player, that is why Graal has scripters >:O lolz. Thanks for collaborating on your post ^_^
I guess my post was unrelated then, although that specific gani issue can hardly be triggered by accident. It requires a normal gani file to have been modified into a type 2/movie gani, this exploit was for a time being used commonly to warp around (and yes I didn't believe it when I first heard about it as it defies what I knew about how ganis work).
Old 06-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Agreed with pojo. I: I never even knew you could do it O:

Love me or hate me? O:

Old 06-25-2011, 09:37 PM
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
A different gani is just going to change the animations on your end. I don't see how that could result in "hacking".
this is all you need to know , by changing your ganis you alter the gani you see on your screen , but everyone else will see the gani that is suppose to be set (it's clientside) . this gani hacking warp bs is just that , bs . unless they made some really screwed up change that goes against everything i learned in my many years at graal .
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .
Old 06-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loakey_P2P View Post
this is all you need to know , by changing your ganis you alter the gani you see on your screen , but everyone else will see the gani that is suppose to be set (it's clientside) . this gani hacking warp bs is just that , bs . unless they made some really screwed up change that goes against everything i learned in my many years at graal .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
It requires a normal gani file to have been modified into a type 2/movie gani, this exploit was for a time being used commonly to warp around (and yes I didn't believe it when I first heard about it as it defies what I knew about how ganis work).
Old 06-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I can assure you nothing was wrong with how Unholy Nation detected what you were doing. I don't plan to get into an argument on the forums about what your intent was and if you did on purpose, or if someone passed it on to you and you tried it without knowing any better. You received only a warning for what occurred and as long as you don't replace your GANI files again, you will be fine.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:47 AM
Okay then. I'm not arguing either but I really didn't do anything.... That's what upsets me the most. :I

Love me or hate me? O:

Old 06-27-2011, 04:08 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickp2p View Post
The ones like Bell and Tig. don't just act like there the best thing around as some may do (which again I don't know anyone that's a like that)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Thought I'd answer that question.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:44 AM
(: Thanks. !

Love me or hate me? O: