Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-22-2005, 12:21 AM
LordZen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LordZen Send a message via AIM to LordZen Send a message via Yahoo to LordZen
(!) My 2 Cents About Z-R Getting Elf Gang Banged ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZen
I think a clean change from the old ZR's system to a completely different and unrelated one should have been a whole hell of a lot more complicated than regicide. Standard rule of law in any semi-advanced civilization would not allow murdering a head of state to be grounds for assuming the victim's powers and status.

That, thats what really friggin bugs me. Honestly I dont care anymore if you dont hold true to the basic framework of the Zormite Republic and the Archist ideology. I dont care. You two already tainted that by continuing to call yourselves the Zormite Republic while disregarding its principles and throwing aside its structure. JUST AT LEAST COME UP WITH SOME REASON HALF WAY BELIEVABLE THAT WOULD EXPLAIN HOW A BENEVOLENT, QUASI-COMMUNIST REPUBLIC --- WITH ITS CENTRAL IDEOLOGY BASED AROUND STABILITY --- SUDDENLY COLLAPSES?

Friggin lame. "Oh, I stabbed you, I'm "Autocrat" now"

Plus, a Dark Elf? That would make sense in Forest. Go to Forest and pull that crap.
It doesnt matter that Etien left the kingdom. A kingdom which had established relations with its neighbors was suddenly "taken over" by the simple act of killing its leader. Retarded. That is reason enough to go to war with Bel'la Olplyn. You cant honestly argue that the other kingdoms should just sit back and let such actions go unpunished -- its simply inviting future problems.

Take Nazi Germany for example; Brittain decides to ALLOW Germany to go on a small-scale land grab, in hopes of avoiding a conflict. What happens? Germany gets greedy and goes on a LARGE-scale land grab, and conflict happens anyway.

Diplomacy simply doesnt allow for this kind of crap to happen realistically. If you all sit back now, then one of you will be next.

If you want to argue about RP: its simple. We are talking about nations, Rule of Law ought to prevail. The other kingdoms should not recognize the new government which has replaced ZR, because it was a hostile coupe by an independant non-citizen of that country who simply killed its leader! This act lacked the support of its people, and for the other kingdoms to sit back and allow this to happen, then you are aknowledging that there should be no punishment for killing members of a kingdoms governing body -- and that regicide is acceptable within your own borders.

What stopped Nazi Germany from continuing on its unjust conquest of nations which had made no transgressions against it? The surviving major powers of the world banded together for mutual benefit, liberated France and other conquered territories, brought the leaders of Germany to justice, and installed a new government in its place which was not land hungary and power hungary.

I really dont care that ZR is gone. It really makes no sense though how it happened considering what ZR was supposed to be (refer to my quote at top). The other kingdoms ought to band together and bring justice back to that region, and install whatever government you see fit. As long as it is independant.

Brad, if you can manage to depose this "Bell uh Ocra" crap, and you can manage to take over up there, then more power to you. If you want to bring back the Zormite people also, then thats fine. Seriously, it would fit RP better than if I would have up and done it in the middle of a fairly stable reign.

This is how it went:

That Zormite island was originally a Zormite outpost; an extension from the Empire in the old world. Its appointed regent, Torkanansu (a zormite), was overthrown by its citizens and the popular human Elder, myself, was thrown into the lime light. (There was 2 Elders technically, one zormite and one human, to represent the dual interests of the citizenry in the colony). The act of overthrowing the appointed regent is what broke the ties between the old world and the new world colony. There was a human outlash against the zormite citizenry in the beginning before Zen Archigos could fully restore order. The population of Zormites never fully recovered from the slaughter and their numbers steadily declined over time. Eventually the kingdom was predominately human, but seeing as how they were used to the Zormite way of life, they adapted their traditions and culture to be consistant more or less to what they had grown up with.

After some time with the Archigos family ruling in a monarchial styled system, there was alot happening in the other kingdoms. Alot of instability, a lot of revolutions (leaders changing very frequently). The Emperor decided to impose reforms to the Zormite government, adopting a constitution and stepping down to run for office representing a party while he was still very popular among its citzenry. This was done in hopes of regaining his former seat of power but this time with the consent of the people, which would be likely to spark less anger and instability. Once in power again, he amended the constitution to outlaw opposing political parties and highly organized the government. When his popularity began to falter, and age was starting to catch up with him, he handed his office to his daughter, Wren Sagesun Archigos, who was born out of wedlock to a Dustari woman of noble decent (Sagesun Family). This was done also to help garauntee longterm close ties between Dustari and Zormite

ANYWAYS, and this is how it could happen:

This Diamond Alliance is orchestrated to depose the unrecognized Bell uh Ocra despot. A couple surviving exiled Zormites (fish) which had been taking aslyum in Dustari or Samurai or whatever, would get involved in this war on the side of the Alliance. Once this Diamond Alliance finishes their mission, its a chance to start over again from scratch, and it would now be reasonable for an envoy to be sent back to the old world telling the Zormites there of the fall of the ZR, and further, the short lived reign of the uncivilized brutes which tried to take its place. The envoy would basically be offering to return the Zormite island in the new world to its original rulers -- and new Zormites would then be sent to repopulate.

-----

As for an RP explaination of how the simple act of regicide was all it took to cause the collapse of a quasi Communist Republic who's idealogy was centered around STABILITY -- pft, that eludes me.

-----

It could unfold any number of ways, it dont matter, it doesnt have to be Zormites again -- but I'm sure that's the likely outcome. The good ZR could be restored also, but I'm not holding my breath.

Good luck Brad and whoever else is in on it.

Click the picture!

FYI: I've pretty much retired from this game as it stands. Yep..

Contact Info
AIM: xxwarlordzenxx (not used so much anymore)
MSN: warlordzen(a)hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I heard they were pregnant from the same father from a VERY reliable tabloid a couple years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
Etien, you are the best proof I have ever seen that the human gene pool has algee.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
I hope you understand how myself, Nappa, Tseng, Brad, etc feel now. You worked hard for your kingdom and some random guy screws it all up. Welcome to our world .

And the metor cut communication off. The Empire could return and whoop the Zormite Republic or Bel'la Olypum to kingdom come.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Send a message via ICQ to LordZen Send a message via AIM to LordZen Send a message via Yahoo to LordZen
Yes but you have to understand it would not have made much sense to make such a change in the middle of a pretty well off period in that kingdom's history (Successfuly pushing Astri into the History books and off of our shores, for example ).

This, this is an opportunity, and I cant say that I object.

Click the picture!

Contact Info

Quote:
I heard they were pregnant from the same father from a VERY reliable tabloid a couple years ago.
Quote:
Etien, you are the best proof I have ever seen that the human gene pool has algee.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:38 AM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
Splke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Splke Send a message via Yahoo to Splke
I already thought about this, and hopefully with Brad's Zormite char we could easily turn this into a "kill drows, brad r remake ZR" type thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
No, that would look stupid, shut your stupid face, stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
In the words of the great Argosax

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Old 06-22-2005, 08:41 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
There isn't anything you can do about it.
It's not good when you hear about the same situation in every thread.

Stefan will not replace the current leader of Bel'. The reason why he won't replace him is because has has done nothing wrong.
When Nayoko, Misty, Zhalle changed Samurai, did you try to remove either of them? I don't recall seeing any threads.
I think you're all holding a personal vendetta against Bel' or Kefkin.
You're not the leader of 'Zormite' or 'Bel' anymore, there isn't anything you can do.
Zormite has created a 'spark' in all of the kingdoms. We have wars, we have RP, why should the staff want to change this?
Who is actually in the kingdom Zormite?
Old 06-22-2005, 09:15 AM
DrkXFactr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DrkXFactr Send a message via Yahoo to DrkXFactr
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZen
Yes but you have to understand it would not have made much sense to make such a change in the middle of a pretty well off period in that kingdom's history (Successfuly pushing Astri into the History books and off of our shores, for example ).

This, this is an opportunity, and I cant say that I object.
Agreed, Zen. Very nicely said.

Live for the moment.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Uh I'm trying to incite a war to overthrow an unjust despot. It wouldnt be such a big deal if they came up with a better kingdom idea and a better basis for how it came about.

You used to yell at them, too. This isnt an issue about kingdom activity, its an issue about crappy rulers and an even crappier idea for a new kingdom. Thats why I'm mad. I am encouraging a war and even supporting the creation of a government which is completely unrelated to what I ran. So it is not about wanting my version back, its just about getting a good legitimate version back.

Click the picture!

Contact Info

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-22-2005, 09:23 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
You want to change something but you don't have the rights to change it.
A war doesn't replace the current leader, it never has. The only way you can change 'Bel'la Olplyn' is to talk to Kefkin. If you had a 1 on 1 conversation he will probably listen to you.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:28 AM
DrkXFactr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DrkXFactr Send a message via Yahoo to DrkXFactr
I tried you little "1 on 1 conversation" with him, and he ended up saying nothing was wrong with the way Etien does things, then cursing me out, and threatening me, via his lame language. Find something better to do, Andrew.

Live for the moment.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:32 AM
I wasn't talking to you Drk.
And I wonder why he doesn't talk to you, look at the thread you made .
Old 06-22-2005, 09:50 AM
He approached me on AIM once and does not offer much room for leveled debate. He focuses on little things like how I word a point and he will go off on little tangents about twisting things and on and on about crap when all I'm doing is explaining what I said 2 lines earlier when he went off about the way I said THAT.

War allowed for Astri to install a puppet leader in Samurai, and war allowed for Astri's ultimate downfall. Stefan was even involved with the downfall of Astri. (Stefan is in the green hat)

http://www.graalonline.com/community....php?image=751

If a roleplaying game is RolePlayed correctly, and governed correctly, then the outcome of a major server wide kingdom war would have lasting effects, even if its nessisary for Stefan or some sort of RP staff to intervene.

I hear there is some promise of this possibility with this new RP team, thats what I'm hoping for. But even if that is not the case, if a major war is played out and nearly the whole server demands an in-game resolution according to the outcome, I am sure Stefan would step in and make the nessisary changes.

Click the picture!

Contact Info

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-22-2005, 10:08 AM
I understand what you're saying Zen. But as you can see Graal Kingdoms doesn't have any rules. That's why the RP team was created. Over the next few days/weeks we will be producing some rules.
Untill these rules are put into action, nothing can be done.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Keep in mind if I take over there will be no republic. I run empires, not republics. ZE will rise.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 06-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Just remember, you're RP team. You will need to choose. And I don't think you will get ownership, Kefkin shouldn't need to leave. He's done nothing wrong.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx
Just remember, you're RP team. You will need to choose. And I don't think you will get ownership, Kefkin shouldn't need to leave. He's done nothing wrong.
i talked to Sam already and I'd take zormite over rp team he told me its fine so thats no problem

and kefkins as dumb as etian

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad