Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Nature2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Nature2 Send a message via AIM to Nature2 Send a message via MSN to Nature2 Send a message via Yahoo to Nature2
yes it cost more but you can stop/start your subscription so you only pay if you play.. and you can play on all servers !
Old 06-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Mursle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mursle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature2 View Post
yes it cost more but you can stop/start your subscription so you only pay if you play.. and you can play on all servers !
Yeah, I don't mind this new feature its just the fact that graal has changed it to the Euro.

They could still do these features and keep it as the dollar price?

Its ironic how it turns out they complain that they lose money and now they get more money from us.

Possibly to compinsate there loses i take it
Old 06-16-2008, 11:45 PM
osnap.
Xterminator will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mursle View Post
lol consider yourself lucky....imagine if the price was changed to pounds you would be ripped off even more lol.

I liked it the old system basicly cause its was half price (sorta!) for the stuff i wanted lol.

like server renting for a year was only £50 (round abouts)
Yay i guess..But i guess they need more money or there just greedy.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
They make plenty of money from gelats on Zone.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well if you lose 5 percent or more each month just for converting the Dollar to Euro because the currency exchange rate is fluctuating a lot then you would like the new system too The only annoying thing are probably the odd numbers, but if we would round up the numbers then you wouldn't like it either.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:53 AM
100 IFP and runnin'
Nabru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nabru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Well if you lose 5 percent or more each month just for converting the Dollar to Euro because the currency exchange rate is fluctuating a lot then you would like the new system too The only annoying thing are probably the odd numbers, but if we would round up the numbers then you wouldn't like it either.
Well then I suggest rounding down. WAY DOWN. This game isn't worth 50$+ a year tbqh.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:15 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Well if you lose 5 percent or more each month just for converting the Dollar to Euro because the currency exchange rate is fluctuating a lot then you would like the new system too
Like I've said, we really don't give a damn how much money you make; to us it's all about how much we have to pay.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:01 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Also the Euro is not as recognised as the dollar so most people can relate better to the dollar than the euro. (For example I know that for £1 you get round about $2)
Using a Euro base for the prices makes sense, but the converted USD price should still be displayed on the site, and there's no reason it can't be.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Mursle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mursle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Using a Euro base for the prices makes sense, but the converted USD price should still be displayed on the site, and there's no reason it can't be.
I was thinking that too...but then the dollar exchange rate goes up and down like a yoyo and the numbers might be inacurate.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Daniel
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
I really like the new prices myself. I think it was a good choise for both, 'Cyberjoueurs' and 'the players of Graal'. With gelats you can not only buy gold subscriptions but also get hold of some valuable items (atleast on Zone). I also like the bonus at the 64€ subscription.

Ofcourse the fact that you can buy your subscription month by month is a good thing too. When not playing for 2 months you won't lose any money.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:52 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I really like the new prices myself. I think it was a good choise for both, 'Cyberjoueurs' and 'the players of Graal'.
How is it a good choise for the players of Graal?

Quote:
With gelats you can not only buy gold subscriptions but also get hold of some valuable items (atleast on Zone).
What does this have to do with the increase of prices? Unless you're trying to justify the change in price with zone's Gelat items...then you're just silly.

Quote:
Ofcourse the fact that you can buy your subscription month by month is a good thing too. When not playing for 2 months you won't lose any money.
You never lost money when you didn't play for 2 months to begin with. I know what you're saying though.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Daniel
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
How is it a good choise for the players of Graal?
Because of what I last said, you don't lose money if you save your gelats and don't buy all your subscriptions at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
What does this have to do with the increase of prices? Unless you're trying to justify the change in price with zone's Gelat items...then you're just silly.
Because you get gelats if you pay. With those gelats you can buy your gold subscription (OR other stuff).
Old 06-17-2008, 06:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Because you get gelats if you pay. With those gelats you can buy your gold subscription (OR other stuff).
How the hell is this better than paying LESS for what you WANT?

Quote:
Because of what I last said, you don't lose money if you save your gelats and don't buy all your subscriptions at once.
Doesn't justify for:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus
Are you aware that the 8 months package is the price of the previous 12 months?
Old 06-17-2008, 08:51 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
I was thinking that too...but then the dollar exchange rate goes up and down like a yoyo and the numbers might be inacurate.
They can use live rates to do the conversion. It isn't hard to do.

PHP Code:
<?php
//Subscription prices in Euros
$sub1 24.00;
$sub2 36.00;
$sub3 48.00;
$sub4 64.00;
//Gets the value of 1 Euro in USD.
$url "http://finance.google.com/finance/converter?a=1.00&from=EUR&to=USD";
$findcurrstr "<span class=bld>";
$findcurrstr2 "&nbsp;USD";
$file file($url);
//What we're looking for is close to the end of the file, so reverse the array.
$file array_reverse($file);
foreach (
$file as $value) {
  if (
$pos strpos($value,$findcurrstr)) {

$startpos $pos strlen($findcurrstr);

$len strpos($value,$findcurrstr2) - $startpos;

$currvalue substr($value,$startpos,$len);
    break;
  }
}
//Check if something is wrong with $currvalue that would mean something went wrong.
if ($currvalue) {
  if (
is_numeric($currvalue)) {

//Display the prices in USD.

$sub1usd number_format($sub1 $currvalue,2);

$sub2usd number_format($sub2 $currvalue,2);

$sub3usd number_format($sub3 $currvalue,2);

$sub4usd number_format($sub4 $currvalue,2);
    echo 
"2400 Gelats = \$$sub1usd<br>";
    echo 
"4000 Gelats = \$$sub2usd<br>";
    echo 
"5600 Gelats = \$$sub3usd<br>";
    echo 
"8000 Gelats = \$$sub4usd<br>";
  }
}
?>
Not the optimal way of coding it, but illustrates that it's possible.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:19 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
With gelats you can not only buy gold subscriptions but also get hold of some valuable items (atleast on Zone)
Then maybe Classic servers should also have their own Gelat shops that they put stuff in for their own price, much as GK does (did?) and Zone.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Closed Thread