Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Mules is an unknown quantity at this point
Crypt - Leveling in GK

Leveling in GK is boring and time consuming. I believe we all know that by now, and once you hit a certain point in the game it gets to the point where it's unbearable and pathetic. Waiting 24 hours for my one chance at some good experience isn't very fun. It seems like maxing out every single skill in GK is supposed to be either a task that requires years of dedication, or just a out right unobtainable goal.

I believe players should have the ability to max out every skill and it shouldn't take them years to do so.

I understand some older players at higher levels might have a problem with what I will suggest because they have spent a lot of time getting to the point where they are now, but we have to think about GK's success before we think about ourselves.

I have a few quick fix options that would change GK dramatically for what I think will be the better:

#1. Take the 24 hour time limit off of Crypt, maintaining the same experience gain or cutting it in half.

#2. Cut the Crypt time in half to 12 hours.

#3. Cut the Crypt time in half to 12 hours and double the experience gain.

#4 Cut the Crypt time down to a half hour/1 hour and cut the experience gain in half.

#5 Release maps with easter level experience gain or somewhere near it permanently.

The ideal outcome would be for the time limit to be removed entirely, it seems like GK is all about accomplishing things gained through a hard, long, boring road, even trading up to a set of gear you want seems to take months some times, from newer players to veterans.

If you want to increase the player base, give players some thing to do and being able to Crypt all day would definitely be some thing to do. I know, it feels good to put your heart into some thing and work hard for it, but people can still respect and enjoy GK if they have the ability to reach some sort of a end point. Look at successful modern games, they have a end eventually and I believe maxing out all of our skills on GK could be our end. Also, having the ability for players to be flexible with their play styles by switching between physical/magic use would be another benefit.

I say, we at least try it out for a week or two. Announce it on the news, and I guarantee you it will increase the player base.

These are all temporary fixes to a bigger problem, it would be a lot nicer to see multiple instances available to complete but that takes a lot more work.

Last edited by Mules; 05-11-2011 at 01:42 PM..
Old 05-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Removing the time completely? There is a reason there is a time limit in the first place. If you've ever done the crypt with Kale, Chris or Chaosorc you will know they can finish it in about 4-5 minutes. Grinding the crypt for a couple of hours under those circumstances would make everyone have level 107 skills in no time.

And it could also be used to profit. There are only a handful of people who can clear the crypt so fast, and they could charge people for a slot in their party. I'm fairly happy for the crypt to remain as it is now, but work on new ways to level skills.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I agree with Naith that a complete time removal would be too much. Halving it to 12 hours i could live with, with experience staying the same.

I think focus should be put on new levelling area's instead though. Crypt is fine as a 1 a day thing, what we need is more instances like crypt, so that everyday you can complete 5-10 instances.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure what you're telling me Gothika, you just told me exactly what I just told you. If the experience from Crypt would be too much then reduce it anywhere between 50%-75%, but at least give players the ability to do some thing all day.

And, if people who weren't Brigid/Bile had a good chance of killing the monsters inside, that would help too. But as of now, people will have to rely on either experienced players or Brigid's to carry them through.

Balance is another topic though. Even if people were to charge for Crypt runs, at least they would be stimulating the economy as well as bringing in a new aspect to the game.

You seem to be afraid of having the ability to max out every skill, why is that? We should have the ability to max out our skills. We need to have a end goal to achieve here.

I agree that there should be new ways to level skills, but like I said this would be a quick fix that wouldn't require any thing more then them removing the time limit or reducing it.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:38 PM
^ That's me!
LUKEEE is on a distinguished road
Short term solution: Host Defend Bomboria and get all idlers from inside to come outside and kill everything. Exp gain turned on. Spawn hundreds of zombies/vampric priests and pwn them with Brigid. Chain lightning a herd of dunosaurs and get their diamonds. Just do simple things like this more frequently and maybe we might be able to level a lot more and easily.

While this is happening, work on new instances as MajinDragon said. Maybe an instance suited to other god's followers instead of Holywording with Brigid and ezing the instances, that'll make things more challenging.

Proud Graalian since 2009

GRAAL PC

CLASSIC IPHONE
Old 05-10-2011, 02:41 PM
How long do you guys think it would take to max every skill in GK, crypting every single day and doing brutals all day, realistically. Throw a Easter or two in there if you want as well.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Look at it this way, the casual gamer shouldn't ever hit max levels in anything but Agility and Alchemy. The casual max level is around 85, don't focus on people who get 107 magic/wis/phys because they sacrifice their lives to grind (i know some took advantage of situations).
Old 05-10-2011, 03:34 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
i sacrificed my life u heard it here first. come at me nerds
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
If the experience from Crypt would be too much then reduce it anywhere between 50%-75%, but at least give players the ability to do some thing all day.
50% lower wouldn't cut it, like I said some people can finish the crypt in the best part of 5 minutes, so they can do the crypt about 12 times in 1 hour, thats too much exp even at a 50% reduction. You could go from level 60-70 phys in about an hour and a half, that shouldn't be possible. Like Majin said, I'd be happy to see the time drop in half to 12 hours wait in between with the amount of exp you currently receive staying the same. And that is about as much as we could hope for without causing any major unbalance.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:25 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
50% lower wouldn't cut it, like I said some people can finish the crypt in the best part of 5 minutes, so they can do the crypt about 12 times in 1 hour, thats too much exp even at a 50% reduction. You could go from level 60-70 phys in about an hour and a half, that shouldn't be possible. Like Majin said, I'd be happy to see the time drop in half to 12 hours wait in between with the amount of exp you currently receive staying the same. And that is about as much as we could hope for without causing any major unbalance.
Going from levels 60-70 with no outside leveling takes 42 crypts. Still, I agree with you that no time limit wouldn't work. I think 12 or 8 hours (12 is quite polar as far as times) would work nicely.

The real problem is that there are no places to grind at. Zombies only last so long, and they're still far too tedious at the right level.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:34 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
If we cut crypt down to 12 hours it'd increase some training activity, and I think having more instances like Crypt is the best way to solve this problem.

in my opinion we should have an elf dungeon on Forest , as Crypt does, have Elf's outside for training. Make it lower level and possible to complete by using physical attacks. Then start expanding on that. Forest could be re-modelled and stuff.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:40 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Going from levels 60-70 with no outside leveling takes 42 crypts. Still, I agree with you that no time limit wouldn't work. I think 12 or 8 hours (12 is quite polar as far as times) would work nicely.

The real problem is that there are no places to grind at. Zombies only last so long, and they're still far too tedious at the right level.
58-101 @zombies
the grind isnt that bad
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
I want something I can use magic to kill. I really want 107 magic now that I have surpassed 18(imo the highest anyone should level their magic to). I don't like sitting there and mooching, I'd rather be able to level on my own time instead of waiting for someone who can bile zombies or someone who's brigid.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
58-101 @zombies
the grind isnt that bad
For physique, I agree, but for other skills it can be. Wisdom leveling, for example, is a pain in the ass if your god can't kill zombies (i.e. you're not Brigid).
Old 05-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Professional Rebel
Messiah will become famous soon enough
Possibly even release some exp potions, scrolls or whatever.

Would have more people doing brutals, immenses and other low level maps with a nice experience gain without having to risk getting PK'd and losing most of your money