Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-14-2010, 07:46 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Lightbulb New Login Server

I think with the upcoming (maybe) release of v6, Login should be revamped. I think that the news can be shrunk, to make room for other things. I would like to see a guild menu that does all the things you'd normally have to go to the website for. Maybe even a chat bar to chat with the other people on login... Not many people hang out here, but it would be kinda cool to chat with people without being on a server. Just an idea, but maybe a custom serverlist could be added, where players can add their favorite servers to the list. (The current Gold, Classic, and Hosted servers could be "stickied" to the list, and not be moveable. Throw in customization of the background and colors, and this could be very nice.
Login is the first thing players see on Graal-If the server they first login to isn't up to their taste, at least they should have a really positive image of what Graal is based on the login server. Right now, Login is bleh, and I think lots could be done to improve it.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Small ideas and opinions.
Sounds alright to me.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:57 PM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
The login chat room would become the most popular server ever!
Old 11-14-2010, 04:27 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulg0resama View Post
sounds alright to me.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
This would work out very nicely. I, too, believe the login needs a revamping.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
If the new login integrated the forums and a new chat system WE would see an amazing boom in community activity. If they integrated gelat skill games into this new login system THEY may see a big boom in gelat sales.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:02 AM
the KattMan
Bump?

Isn't it possible that the PWA could assemble a team to pull this off?

Last edited by MattKan; 04-11-2011 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: removed the word 'possibly'
Old 04-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
If they worked long and hard, this could easily be done. Nicely explained Matt! Rep for you
Old 04-11-2011, 12:48 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Isn't it possible that the PWA could assemble a team to pull this off?
PWA are basically customer support now.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
i agree crono.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:30 AM
the KattMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
No PWA cares enough about Graal to do this?
Old 04-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
I would love a new client log-in. I love my Steam dashboard. ( I leave it logged in all the time. )

Weee!~
Old 04-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:20 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
I agree that a Login server redesign should happen some time in the future.

I think the website should come first though.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:21 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Code your own server-list, submit it to Stefan, ???.

PWA have no control over that kind of thing anyway, don't know why you would expect them to do it.