Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 11:50 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I'm well prepared to handle the PMs. When my pw is public, and I'm not neck-deep in development. Sitting around talking to people about what your playerworld will be, won't make it get done any faster.

Guess what? Nobody that actually does work, has the time to talk with everyone that messages them. Look at Stefan for example. He gets on for short amounts of time to add things. He doesn't stay on to answer the quazillion pm's he gets, because he would never get anything done if he did.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 10-31-2002, 11:52 AM
Jeff is on a distinguished road
I think the warpoff is no worse than pigeonholing the player to a level having nothing but a logo.

Either way the player can't play. So why not serverwarp them to newmain or classic?
Version: 3.12
GO d+ s++:+ !a C++ UL+(UL+++)@ P+ L+(++)>+++ E---- W++@ N- !o ?K w(w--) !O !M@ !V PS- PE+ Y PGP t+ 5 X R tv(tv+) b++(b+)>b++++ DI(DI+) D-- G e->e++++ h! !r y
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Old 10-31-2002, 11:21 PM
Circa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Circa
Warcaptain, don't be so damn dense. It's their playerworlds and they can manage them the way they want. Do you know how much it pissed me off when you would always try and log onto Graal2230 to see if me or Jagen were on? Oh cmon, give me a break. The playerworlds are not the serverlist because they are underconstruction. OK? So obviously, if you have to type in the name of the server to even try connecting to it, you shouldn't be. Nobody is forcing you, it's not affecting you nor harming you in anyway.

Example: Construction workers are building a two story apartment building. You come to their site and walk around all day getting in the way. Think they would like that? NO, which is why they have signs saying "No Trespassing" (sp?) and such and such, and they can kick you off the site.

Same thing as a UC PW captain. Now, go make your server and stop whining about others.

aim // CircaPixel
job // Graal2230 artist

alias' // Klonoa - ScottyWolf - Circa
Old 10-31-2002, 11:26 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
...guys, the reason we don't want you on our UC worlds is because it's a pain in the ass finding Unixmad to get him to reset all accounts for a server. If you come on while it's under development and get infinite gralats, an improperly removed weapon, or a flag that later scripts detect, you start with an unfair advantage or disadvantage. The server could be scripted with version numbers to compensate, but that defeats the purpose of it being Under Construction - the whole point is rapid production without sweating players' accounts yet

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 11-01-2002, 12:38 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally posted by Tyhm
...guys, the reason we don't want you on our UC worlds is because it's a pain in the ass finding Unixmad to get him to reset all accounts for a server. If you come on while it's under development and get infinite gralats, an improperly removed weapon, or a flag that later scripts detect, you start with an unfair advantage or disadvantage. The server could be scripted with version numbers to compensate, but that defeats the purpose of it being Under Construction - the whole point is rapid production without sweating players' accounts yet
Yeah, all the players recieve on our pw is a weapon that kicks them when they log on. So when the pw goes public, we just delete the weapon and everyone is fine.

Warcaptain is just mad that he can't go snooping around in other pw's to take ideas or something.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 11-01-2002, 02:30 AM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Quote:
Originally posted by G_yoshi

However, being distracted while busy with other things is not good. Too often, I've gotten into dumb PM conversations and lost track of what I was doing :/ This is a good way to prevent it from happening

if you cant handle the pm's gotten from people who KNOW about hidden worlds

dont expect to handle it when its public, and everyone sees it.
Old 11-01-2002, 02:42 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Just ignore the PM's! Everyone else does who doesnt want to talk.
Old 11-01-2002, 02:44 AM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
you have to type the name of the pw in not so that players WONT connect to them, but so everyone can access the UC worlds.

and in regards to the construction site metaphore

they dont just have the area open to the public and you can walk in whenever you want, and if you do you get kicked out

they put walls up to keep you out, but you can still go to the walls and look at it.

if you want, you can walk in and ask someone there some questions about it if you wanted.

they dont just have guards near the perimeter and kick you in the nuts when you come near it, and say GO AWAY.

thats what im saying
put up a barrier, to stop them from accesing anything, so you can work privately, without players gaining any type of unfair advantage, without them seeing your work, etc.

and maybe a little PR would help your server out more?
Old 11-01-2002, 02:50 AM
Circa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Circa
Quote:
Originally posted by Warcaptain
you have to type the name of the pw in not so that players WONT connect to them, but so everyone can access the UC worlds.

and in regards to the construction site metaphore

they dont just have the area open to the public and you can walk in whenever you want, and if you do you get kicked out

they put walls up to keep you out, but you can still go to the walls and look at it.

if you want, you can walk in and ask someone there some questions about it if you wanted.

they dont just have guards near the perimeter and kick you in the nuts when you come near it, and say GO AWAY.

thats what im saying
put up a barrier, to stop them from accesing anything, so you can work privately, without players gaining any type of unfair advantage, without them seeing your work, etc.

and maybe a little PR would help your server out more?
The barrier they (UC PWs) have is, kicking you off. No need for you to see it. If you don't like it Captain, don't type it in then.

aim // CircaPixel
job // Graal2230 artist

alias' // Klonoa - ScottyWolf - Circa
Old 11-01-2002, 11:18 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Quote:

if you cant handle the pm's gotten from people who KNOW about hidden worlds

dont expect to handle it when its public, and everyone sees it.
psst...your ignorance is showing.

I'm well capable of dealing with people. But as Konidias already put it, its easier to stay on task without them So just shut up and mind your own business, ok?
Old 11-01-2002, 11:43 AM
Banned
Androk2k1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Hidden Worlds

Quote:
This is a comment\complaint directed towards hidden worlds.

I do not like how hidden worlds direct players to other servers automaticly, or do things like, reset their accounts to log them off.
Yeah, EG's cool because it doesn't disconnect you; it justs asks you for something you don't have.

Btw, Rudora doesn't have that script put in place.
Old 11-01-2002, 12:04 PM
Michael Jackson of Graal
XxxxneosoftxxxX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XxxxneosoftxxxX
1. Koni, why are you still workin on Oasis, one should think that you should be concentrating on that job that they pay you for.

2. Warcap shutup, we all know you try and get on every server so you can steal their crap