Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2004, 09:24 AM
Cult of the Winky
Amagius is on a distinguished road
The Tales of Bandisar

The Tales of Bandisar is a going to be a new playerworld for Graal. It is in the phase of planning and tileset, but it being worked on as we state this.

Tales of Bandisar is being built by Jubei Saotome, MysticHaste, and others helping them.

It will be Real Time RPG (as if there would be many other options), featuring a SoM-esque system, and featuring a advancing storyline.

I'm not to offer psuedo-promises, but I'll tell you things that are plannerd and will be in Bandisar.

- Custom item menus, option to chose from more than one style.
- Custom chests that use ganis
- Custom tileset with images for effects like waves crashing on a beach and etc.
- Special uniforms for soldiers of high level, requires the levels to gain access to the costume.

There will, of course, be more. There seems to be a flood of servers trying to be a break, but I can tell you that this is something different ALREADY.

Check the site at: http://bandisar.rottenappleplace.net/
Old 01-20-2004, 10:14 AM
Mustang1988 is on a distinguished road
Looks very promising, the tileset is coming out really nicely. (Except the cliff tiles, look kinda 'moldy', may be just the quality of the screenshot.)

Best of luck to you, Jubei and company.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:15 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Interesting tiles, may wish to change the way you use them. That circle of raised land in the middle looks a bit too high and weird because of it, but its still nice.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Possibly Possessed
Qwert616 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
Interesting tiles, may wish to change the way you use them. That circle of raised land in the middle looks a bit too high and weird because of it, but its still nice.
That splash image is basically just a test level for the tileset to see what could be done with it. No actual levels have been made yet.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Banned
Graal2001_LAT is on a distinguished road
Haha looks like we got some Soulblade grainy-ness happening.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:36 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
The grass --> sand reminds me of Era's
Old 01-20-2004, 10:38 PM
The Great Nappa
Nappa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nappa
I'll play it because Jubei is a aussie weirdo. Then I will be banned because I will curse at him or do he doesnt like.(eg. living/breathing).
Old 01-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
Haste has been working on those tiles for, like, EVER. It's all original, he shows me something on it every once in a great while and it's turned out really uber!

You better actually finish it, or I'll send a horde of fleshing eating sponges after you!
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 01-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Banned
Thallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Thallen Send a message via AIM to Thallen Send a message via MSN to Thallen Send a message via Yahoo to Thallen
Heard of it before this topic, but is it true that it is a 'Doomsday revival project?' If so, I don't understand why Tifa would be involved if she was the one always telling people to "let it die."
Old 01-20-2004, 10:57 PM
Wizad! - It's Magic!
XJOKERX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XJOKERX Send a message via MSN to XJOKERX
Oh yeah

About 2 months ago MysticHaste showed me those tiles and was wanting to make a PW....good luck

Thank you Tsu for the awesome sig
Old 01-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Possibly Possessed
Qwert616 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Thallen
Heard of it before this topic, but is it true that it is a 'Doomsday revival project?' If so, I don't understand why Tifa would be involved if she was the one always telling people to "let it die."
No, Tales of Bandisar is not a Doomsday revival.

A DD revival was planned for a very short time, but it has fallen through.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:28 PM
:]
Thak2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Thak2
Looks cool, good luck to Jubei and everyone else involved.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:29 AM
Pixel Monkey
Goboom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Goboom Send a message via AIM to Goboom Send a message via MSN to Goboom Send a message via Yahoo to Goboom
Yea, what Thak-ie-poo said.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:18 AM
vashstyle is on a distinguished road
Replied because Jubei asked me to.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:49 AM
Cult of the Winky
Amagius is on a distinguished road
Our planning is virtually over and we have this, and a few others.

Probable:
- Level/EXP System; This is yet to be discussed, but we will most probably have this. It will most likely have point distribution similar to Diablo.
- Custom character bodies; which can equip headgear, shoulder pads, boots, capes and etc!
- Weapons; up to 10 different weapon classes, such as - Swords, Bashing and Bows.
- Monsters; Your typical RPG fare here, although we're looking at having MVP style monsters with it's own BGM Midi to set the atmosphere!
- Item Menus; So far we're planning on having either a FF style multi windowed menu or a SoM ring menu, may end up having both.
- Animation; Something I personally want for Bandisar, various emotional and status/battle animations.
- Chests, Items & GP; GP is going to be our currency and we'll have various items for healing and status fixing. We also aim to have the "Slam the chest on the ground" style chest opening animation similar to SoM!
- Kingdoms/City-States; At first there would be no kingdoms as the community would be new, but as players form friendships and rivalries, kingdoms would be made and destroyed.
- Plot Chapters; The RP Team would create massive plots for the players at key points in the PW's life, a site would handle previous chapter summaries!

Ideas yet to be agreed on:
- Town guards; basically where an evil status player would walk into town and have justice served onto him. Also if a player attacks another player, the guards would attack the attacking party. This is all within town limits, of course!
- Ambient Soundtrack; Nice background music that doesn't sound annoying. And actually fit's the location's atmosphere.
- Ghosts and Reviving; when you die you become a ghost and need to seek out a healer NPC or player to revive you.
- Notoriety Status; Basically just like AP, but this would effect Town Guards and such.
- Fame/Reputation; After killing great monsters or disreputable players, your fame would go up and down if you had done the opposite! Would add a title to your name, like The Hero or The Evil.
- Races; This might not end up on Bandisar, but we've been discussing Dwarves, Kobolds, Fish people and Elves.
- Party System; Not fully discussed yet, but up to 5 people would be able to adventure in a party together, with a messaging system. Experience would be shared, of course.

Also, we are looking for character designers.