Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Kavan
iBeatz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to iBeatz
Another attempt

This has been my greatest pixel art project yet, and I think it's pretty awesome. Let me know what you think.

Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
reminds me of the one on maloria
Old 07-07-2011, 04:45 PM
i can haz gold plz
Dumdumdidi will become famous soon enough
wont be too quick to criticize here, but are you sure u didnt copy the one on maloria? excluding the top and size it looks just like the one there.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:37 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless this isn't the Maloria fountain you're talking about, no. Generic fountain itt.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:04 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
I like kavans fountain. Maybe it should be more round
Old 07-11-2011, 07:59 PM
jedzed will become famous soon enough
It's not really a fountain... just two pools of water sitting on top of each other. You need something where the water would spurt from. Also I feel like the the second fountains base needs to be moved back a little.

Not really getting why the front wall of the fountain is dark either

Last edited by jedzed; 07-11-2011 at 10:14 PM..
Old 07-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Banned
ThomV is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedzed View Post
Not really getting why the front wall of the fountain is dark either, I'll make it easier on myself and make a few fixes for you, and you can take it from there
The fact that the front wall is dark (The light source could be coming from the back, so it isn't illogical.) really isn't one of the more important components of this image that need improvement.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:14 PM
jedzed will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomV View Post
The fact that the front wall is dark (The light source could be coming from the back, so it isn't illogical.) really isn't one of the more important components of this image that need improvement.
I'm focusing on the fact that the shadows underneath the second fountain base doesn't seem to lock in with the shadows at the front. It's which ever way you look at it I suppose. That said the light source on this fountain is obviously inconsistent. As it seems the light source seems to differ on different elements of the fountain. Light source is a very important component of every image of this sort.

Although I do agree, it probably does come second to the shape and proportions of the image.
And the fact that the image does actually needs more added to actually make it a fountain.

Last edited by jedzed; 07-11-2011 at 09:29 PM..
Old 07-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedzed View Post
I'm focusing on the fact that the shadows underneath the second fountain base doesn't seem to lock in with the shadows at the front. It's which ever way you look at it I suppose. That said the light source on this fountain is obviously inconsistent. As it seems the light source seems to differ on different elements of the fountain. Light source is a very important component of every image of this sort.

Although I do agree, it probably does come second to the shape and proportions of the image.
And the fact that the image does actually needs more added to actually make it a fountain.
It's not exactly uncommon for lightsources in this type of graphic to be thrown out the window. You really can just dismiss realistic light sources and instead focus on how shadows will compliment the structure and design. In such a simple design, having shadows cast directly below, even with contrasting wall shading, isn't exactly unheard of. He definitely needs to invert the wall shading like suggested above, though.