Old 09-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by destructo104 View Post
Server Features List
Achivements
Achievements don't change gameplay, but ok, it's an interesting thing, though a bit overused these days. Aren't you afraid you'll guide the players in directions that limit their options?

Quote:
NocBay:
I'm reading Auction House in this. Not too interesting, and a minor difference from a public trading area.

Quote:
Quest:
Doesn't Era have quests as wel?

Quote:
Zombie Hunting:
This might be interesting. How is it going to interfere with people who don't wanna kill zombies? Is it gonna be the main thing to do or a side job?

Quote:
Shoveling:
Not interesting. Seems like tedious job...

Quote:
Fishing:
Doesn't every server have this these days?

Quote:

Paramedic:
So it's just another job? Or will it be part of combat?

Quote:
Crate Delivery:
Mail delivery in a different jacket.

Quote:
Wanted Levels:
So you can't PK anymore because you'll get AI mobs after you? Isn't the most fun on graal to PK each other?

Quote:
Businesses:
Not sure if Era does this, but it's not that interesting. Just a way for the rich to get richer I guess.

Quote:
Condos:
Houses:
How are these different features? Bigger and smaller playerhouses are exactly the same thing.

Quote:
Vehicles:
Nothing new, moving on...

Quote:
Clothing:
Why would you pay for bodies you can set with text?

Quote:
Radio Stations:
Radio is cool, will anyone be able to stream music? Why wouldn't I just put up grooveshark or something and have more music and better music than player X?

Quote:
Lockers:
This is a good thing. Should be done alongside of playerhousing.

Quote:
Pawn Shop:
So this is the only place to sell stuff?

Quote:
Npad:
Sounds exactly like the radio.

Aside from the zombie and the wanted level (both of which might warrant an entirely different server), all the features seem kind of outdated or edits from what Era already has. What makes your server better than Era?
Old 09-09-2011, 05:46 PM
destructo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Few typos that I didn't look over that's all :P

IRCBot1: McChucken joined the Channel!
McChucken: Hey mate.
McChucken: Grow up.
IRCBot1: McChucken has left the channel!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Achievements don't change gameplay, but ok, it's an interesting thing, though a bit overused these days. Aren't you afraid you'll guide the players in directions that limit their options?

I'm reading Auction House in this. Not too interesting, and a minor difference from a public trading area.

Doesn't Era have quests as wel?

This might be interesting. How is it going to interfere with people who don't wanna kill zombies? Is it gonna be the main thing to do or a side job?

Not interesting. Seems like tedious job...

Doesn't every server have this these days?

So it's just another job? Or will it be part of combat?

Mail delivery in a different jacket.

So you can't PK anymore because you'll get AI mobs after you? Isn't the most fun on graal to PK each other?

Not sure if Era does this, but it's not that interesting. Just a way for the rich to get richer I guess.

How are these different features? Bigger and smaller playerhouses are exactly the same thing.

Nothing new, moving on...

Why would you pay for bodies you can set with text?

Radio is cool, will anyone be able to stream music? Why wouldn't I just put up grooveshark or something and have more music and better music than player X?

This is a good thing. Should be done alongside of playerhousing.

So this is the only place to sell stuff?

Sounds exactly like the radio.

Aside from the zombie and the wanted level (both of which might warrant an entirely different server), all the features seem kind of outdated or edits from what Era already has. What makes your server better than Era?
Zombie hunting is in a certain location and is a choice, you can also make money off killing zombies.

Npod - It is similar to the radio stations but more of a private radio station for yourself, you can upload your music and save it on the Npod.

Wanted level - If you kill someone you gain a wanted level, AI's do not come after you actual players come after you, it is a faction , they can either cuff your or kill you either way you will go to jail if you to kill the officer.

Nbay - Its not an auction house, its more of a market place, you grab a pc and GUI pops up and you can sell or buy items on there.

Auction house - We do have one of these, theres nothing different just a place to auction off things

Houses,condos, Businesses - Are businesses system is a bit different from era,s you buy your stock instead of having to stock, as for the houses,condos, those are just places to live, the basics

Clothing - The outfits that are for sale are locked so if you were to try and set your outfit it wouldn't work.

Paramedic Job - This job you can take inside the hospital, its like doing missions pretty much once you accept the mission you have to go to a location and revived the dieing patient. It also allows you to gain access to the ambulances during the mission.

Shoveling, Fishing, crate- these are just the starter jobs to get you up and going.

Achivements - You can earn theses from doing various things like going on a kill streak, catching 100 fish, etc

My point is that we are not trying to copy off of era in any way. We do have some features that set us apart from era but we also have some that era has as well, Some of the basic stuff like Houses, Businesses, Cars, Shoveling, you know the simple stuff. When I log into any Open world RPG that is modern Im looking for houses, vehicles, business. All the time because that's what I like and that's what other people like as well. We aren't attempting to be like era but we do have some of the same things they do. I personally try my hardest to think of new ideas that era dosen't have, but instead of trying to make it seem like we are an era shadow try looking at the common things any modern game would have then comparing that to Noctorious and Era.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Do not compare Noctorious to that horrible server, it was lame because you tried to use CE and got caught and banned the first day you played. When we opened the server we were also debugging as well and trying to find and fix as many bugs as possible and we did. So next time get your facts straight before posting.
1. I never got banned.
2. Still lame.
3. The content is still the same, what exactly was fixed/changed?
4. My facts are straight, and most of what I posted earlier is an opinion. ysodefenseless? trol

Last edited by Supaman771; 09-09-2011 at 10:08 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
That was not at all my point. I saw some interesting and good ideas on there, but how are you going to appeal to the people who mostly will say: Meh, I've got good gear on Era already.
How are you planning on sweeping them off their feet to get them into your server?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Levels Artist
Volken is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Volken
Quote:
*criticizes*
Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean you have to go and criticize it.
If you made a "new Era" modern server, how would it make you feel if people started raggin on you because it has...
Guns
Cars
Jobs
and such...

AH NAH BRO
Old 09-10-2011, 01:50 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Once again: I'm not critisizing. I was wandering exactly what I was saying.
If Era took all these ideas, I might play Era, but if I played Era for a while (which people have) its hard to pull them away from it.
Not trying to be mean, just trying to figure out how you're going to do it.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:49 AM
i can haz gold plz
Dumdumdidi will become famous soon enough
last time i knew, noctorious was planning a make-your-own gun system, where you can customise your gun in skin and attachments, down to its barrel and scope. Not sure where that went though.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
What a horrible server! :o
Old 09-15-2011, 09:09 AM
We are working hard everyday to improve Noctorious, heres the update we did and finished last night.

[Latest Update - Sept 14]
Hunting has been added - it is located in the sholea woods
(What you can earn from it is varies items like herbs which you can either sell at the pawn shop or eat and gain 1maxhp point, you can also get ore, and wolf meat, and gold coins and a few other items as well. All of these can be sold at the pawn shop)

Killable NPCS - The civilian npcs can now be killed but beware they will attack back with guns.

Car Hijacking - Yes you can steal cars only if they are stealable, you will need a pipe to break the car window then hotwire the car and its yours, you can then take it to the pawn shop and sell it for some mula or just drive it around but once you exit the car you must break into it all over again. You will also gain a wanted level for attempting to hijack the vehicle

Newbie Protection - this has been removed due to it having to many bugs/side effects

Old 09-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Pro!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Noctorious is currently staff only at this time. We are conducting a few updates to the server. When we open it back up we will announce it here.
Thanks

Old 09-20-2011, 05:21 AM
[Featured Update]

Extortion - This will only work for Factions the 3 Mafia families, how this should work is, they can go into any NPC ran shop and attempt to extort them. When they try to attempt they have a certain amount of time to press certain buttons if they fail, they cant try again for at least a day, if they succeed, they get paid 1-5k. This should be fairly difficult since the pay is quite high.

Vehicles Features **Trunk system has been finished and added
Vehicle Menu/GUI
*What this menu will hold
-Engine button - Turns the car on and off (If possible)
- Trunk System - So they can store up to 5 items in there car trunk
- Alarm - This will go along with another feature so see below, it will alert all Ultor memebers on or off duty, and the player if they are online.

Hitman JobPurpose: To kill AI(NPCS) You go talk to whoever the hitman NPC and get a job, after that you get the name of the NPC and its your job to find this npc without any clues. After doing that you find them and attempt to kill them, these AI's should fight back after being shot at. After killing the target you get paid. (Pretty simple)

Police Missions
Purpose: To chase down AI criminals and attempt to arrest them, you will have to press a series of buttons to arrest them and detain them, if you mess up they start attackin you. If you kill them you do not get the arrest but you get paid a smaller amount than you would for arresting them.

Rentable Aparments/Condos
Purpose: To rent a placce to live

Pretty much I want this system to have a gui pops up when players grab the door to the apartment. This gui will have the following Rent Room: (Thene there will be a few different buttons with the time frame) 3 Days, 5Days, 1 Weeek, 2 weeks, 1 Month.
After lciking one of the buttons it will tell them a price then they can either accept or deny.

Latest GMAP Update-

There are a few things I left out but will reveal later on. Feel free to post your opinions or ideas.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Quote:
[Featured Update]
I feel like the islands limit growth and free roaming, why did you make that decision?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:
I feel like the islands limit growth and free roaming, why did you make that decision?
I got tired of the standard modern gmaps. So I decided to make an island and well it turned into a few islands. Wanted to do something that wasn't done on a modern server as well and it turned out pretty good and it goes with one of the ideas for the server that I haven't revealed yet. In my opinion it dosen't limit growth or free roaming because the islands can be expanded at anytime, actually I just expanded one. As for free roaming you can actually explore and have a reason to have a car and drive it around. Traveling from island to island discovering the secrets of that island is a lot better than one gmap covered with grass and a small lake, it's a new look...a new idea.