Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum > Classic Bugs and suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 01:20 AM
Mighty is on a distinguished road
I think the new HD is great.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:33 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
It's terrible, I've just hosted the Tag Team Titles and a ton of hits were missed. I've also just sparred and Trip and I directly hit each other standing still and it didn't count them.

I prefer the other.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:59 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Yeah i was just going to say the same. Hits have to be so ultra close

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 06-29-2007, 06:11 AM
OggMonstah is on a distinguished road
I think everyone has realized that something is messed up with the sparring/pk system. I'm not sure if it is due to the actual hit detection or the illusion of missed/landed hits due to lag.

My biggest problems with it now:

The tie hits are not consistent. I've seen both opponents receive hits in these "tie" situations and only one opponent in very similar cases.

I've seen hits land from both 90 degree and even a 180 degree swing in the wrong direction from an opponent.

The hit recovery time either doesn't work accurately or lasts way too long. I miss pre-NPC server days, when someone would run away from you all the time and you finally pin them in the corner of spar area, you could unleash a combo on them to teach them a lesson. Maybe I'm just too impatient to play the usual chase back and forth game, but it seemed a lot more fun to me when you could combo easier.

Hope that helps...

Last edited by OggMonstah; 06-29-2007 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: I meant 180 instead of 360 degree (360 doesn't make much sense)
Old 06-29-2007, 06:22 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
I can replicate the default hit detection in GS2 but sadly, it would probably be all clientsided (no use of triggeractions either) to make it smooth and thus easily hackable (but the default HD is just as easily hack-able so what difference would it make?).

Last time I tried to help classic though, Storm said "Wait till we have such and such ready"

You're just pulling a Stefan on me Storm!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:51 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Guys Classic's systems feels like **** because it's serverside hit detection. It appears Stefan had told MS to use it...
Old 06-30-2007, 02:20 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Guys Classic's systems feels like **** because it's serverside hit detection. It appears Stefan had told MS to use it...
Would be nice to have both systems and have it dependent on the level you are on like:

level.protectedcombat = true;
Old 06-30-2007, 04:06 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
get us the old one back, simple.
yes MS we probably whine but it seems the only updates u agree with are sucky updates, and the worst part is u only approve 1 update every 6 months or so