Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Re-use everything Eye of the Beholder made.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
use the bodies koni made.

most of the people dont even know how they work. its really cool. if you post some shots that would prob get the majority to agree with them.

Rufus you need to realize this is Graal and it is not going to be perfect.
Standards are good to have. We all know Graal is not perfect, but higher standards result in higher quality. Even though none of us are paid, and work on Graal in our free time, it'd do to have higher standards. I'd rather spend an extra month working on something to achieve what I believe is better, than just release whatever I come up with the first time, just to get it done. That is typically the mindset I have when I work on my stuff for Graal. You should have seen some of the first versions of various things I have worked on. What's sad is most people on Graal would have been happy with them, but I continued and pushed to achieve something better and in the end it was for the best.

Heh, you should have seen the first version of my bomb explosions. rofl
Old 10-07-2010, 03:26 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
use the bodies koni made.
and who's going maintain and continue to add on to those?

Unless we get people who are serious about contributing in the Levels and Graphics department we can only go so far.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:57 PM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
There was a whole slew of technicolor vanity options already done including tunic, overalls, hairstyles, skin color, shoes, gloves, capes, hats, and such when I was working with Koni like 3 years ago. Half the body customization was there. Why wouldn't you go for it? Those bodies are revolutionary as far as the Graal experience goes...I feel like it's foolish to just toss them to the side.

Not exactly sure where this project is going as we speak but it'd be a huge shame to find out that a lot of the work contributed from the time of Konis management to Rufus' end is being scrapped.

No body wants another dead ass revival bringing back what we have seen every past 5-6 years.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLLChiLD View Post
There was a whole slew of technicolor vanity options already done including tunic, overalls, hairstyles, skin color, shoes, gloves, capes, hats, and such when I was working with Koni like 3 years ago. Half the body customization was there. Why wouldn't you go for it? Those bodies are revolutionary as far as the Graal experience goes...I feel like it's foolish to just toss them to the side.

Not exactly sure where this project is going as we speak but it'd be a huge shame to find out that a lot of the work contributed from the time of Konis management to Rufus' end is being scrapped.

No body wants another dead ass revival bringing back what we have seen every past 5-6 years.
I think the major factor to consider those bodies is that each gani forces you to work with about 25 objects. Good luck finding someone willing to piddle around with 25 objects for every gani that needs to be made.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
If they are to use those bodies, they are going to need some better features implemented (grouping gani objects, recoloring gani sprites, etc) else it is going to become incredibly monotonous and mind-numbing for the staff having to work with them. Big updates like this nearly always call for new ways of doing things, but I have never seen Stefan take an interest in the server.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Working with that many objects is actually quite fun. One simple step that helps is copying the previous frame and simply moving the respective object(s) in subsequent ones. It isn't THAT bad...some people prefer this.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:57 PM
V Avatar
LordMatt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LordMatt
I wish you luck
Old 10-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Ive been following this on and off for ever now.. this pretty much seems like it will never come out.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
spanky was close to right. its never going come out, i'd bet on it.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Former PW Admin
Matman58 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Matman58 Send a message via AIM to Matman58 Send a message via Yahoo to Matman58
I will come out of my graal retirement when this server comes back up. Though I agree with Spanky, I have been following these specific forums for a long time just waiting. Hopefully someday you can make a lot of us happy again.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
All of us oldbies (sorry for using that term.. eww) will come out of retirement when there is actually a server worth playing.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:41 AM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknts View Post
All of us oldbies (sorry for using that term.. eww) will come out of retirement when there is actually a server worth playing.
I know that I like playing video games.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
I know that I like playing video games.
omg me 2
Old 11-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Birdo13 is on a distinguished road
Cool

I just want to start out by saying I'm really not trying to start any lengthy discussions (or disputes), I just wanted to get my opinion out there about Graal 2001.
Lets go back and think about what made Graal 2001 such a great server and why certain players want it back so much. It was mainly about the community. Graal 2001 had one of the best online community I have ever been apart of. Everyone communicated on a daily basis, the forums were alive with discussions and debates, events were a daily occurrence. Graal 2001 was about the people first, and content/ features second. Sure it was "cutting edge" for its time, but quickly other servers adopted many of the "cutting edge" ideas Graal 2001 originally made popular.
I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want Graal 2001 to be successful again here is my plan:
1. Take the server back to a more basic over world. I would start with no kingdom areas. Basically the original towns with small kingdom areas.
2. Start with the basics and release a few jobs. (Apple tree farming and fishing.)
3. Start with the basic events, CTF, CS, Survivor, and Go karts.
4. Hold events on a daily basis, perhaps even schedule big events for the weekends (Saturdays/Sundays) at various times. To give away bigger prizes like the first bomy pets etc.
5. Go out from there and re-release things such as hats, bomy pets, auction house, more events etc.

Basically go "back in time" and restart the server from the ground up. You don't need to restart the entire server with all the content it originally had. Start small and release things on a regular basis to keep the players interested. Of course add a new twist to the features (new fishing controls etc.)
Just my two or three cents. It's seems like everyone who comes across being manager thinks they need to fix every feature from the start and re-release an entire finished server from day one.
Maybe I'm just rambling....

-Lamer